11/17 Hexxit: Wither screw-ups

Huh, spent the night and day in the hospital with chest pains, turned out to be nothing, heart is fine -- did cardiac stress test & all.  That's good to know at least.  Nice to be home.  Comically, I read that action video gaming can generate about as much testosterone as the nutty $300/month stuff I'm supposed to take.  What a ripoff. 

Anyway, saw an odd thing in the game.  My super legia bow (Power V, Infinity) was about 70% used up after that uber-golem battle.  I went to repair it on the enchanting table and it said it would cost 126 levels.  That's nuts!  So I added Unbreaking II for 11 levels to try to get some more use out of it.  After a long dull nether raid where I finally did get two wither skeleton skulls, I made a basic legia bow and my enchanted bow (with newest enchantment) added plus the regular legia bow could repair the thing with only 29 levels.  Huge difference.  Then again, I'm down to only about 16 levels, so I should probably do some xp farming before my next big boss fight.  I'm thinking of trying the big wither battle.  Got the skulls & soul sand, will probably spawn the thing at the bottom of a chasm. At 300hp, it would take only about 9 shots with my legia bow to take it out, I just don't know how much damage I can take.

Okay, first wither fight was an embarrassing bust.  I did set it up at the bottom of a chasm with a platform of dirt about 6 blocks above, and 4 layers of sand above that.  So when he did his initial burst he was buried and did stuggle to get out.  I was only halfway up the stairs, had time for one shot from legia bow, then it burst out and started breaking through rock, and we were out in the open a few seconds later.   I didn't get a chance to drink my regeneration potion, couldn't target the thing well becuase it was too fast and kept going behind trees, then I got blasted up into the air, down into the chasm and DEAD.

Respawned, grabbed a new set of armor from armor stands, any big sword and bow, teleported back.  Wither was zooming around blasting a cow.  But as soon as it saw me, kaboom kabamm, dead again.  So, admin mode, to remove the menace I grabbed new armor, a handful of holy hand grenades and yes, with one set of about 10 grenades, it was gone.  Nether star.  But still embarrassing, not a video I'd want anyone to see.  Will try a more organized attack next time.  If I trapped it in sand and just hit it with 4-5 holy hand grenades, it never should have gotten off the ground.  But I was hoping for a fun shootout like I had with the uber-golem.  But this sucker flies fast, then glows and regenerates some.  I think I got it down to about 50% health fair and square, but need a better strategy for next time.  (Actually, after reading, they become immune to potions and arrows at about 50% health, which explains their glow.  That's tricky.)

Though now that I have one nether star, I can double it using the Tome of Alkhaest plus a diamond, 3 glowing water and 3 wither skeleton skulls.  Skip the battle, get the goods.  If I can get 4 nether stars I can make the witherless rose and avoid all future wither effects ... hugely expensive item, top-tier alchemy from Xeno's Reliquary mod but yet another distant goal to look forward to.  Altough it seems like it would be hard to battle creatures if I have to hold a flower in my hand half the time.

Comments

Popular Posts