11/24 Hexxit - Volcano dungeon

Back in Hexxit, I sorted some items, made more picture frames to show what's in chests instead of written signs.  Then I planned to do a quick recon of the Volcano Dungeon, but ended up on an hour long romp around and down the wide netherrack spiral.  The dwarves with 25hp were no match for my legia bow doing about 36hp damage and firing two arrows apiece.  I was often able to kill one with each arrow.  But near the very bottom there's a little pillared walkway down below, and twice when I was blasting away at the guys down there, one of the darn hookmen grabbed me and pulled me down.  Both times I ran through the mob of 30 or 40 dwarves, chipped my way into a wall, and back up to safety ... BUT there was a walker stronghold of some kind on the other side of the darn wall!  So I almost got killed by those. 

There were two floating souls at one point and I tried to catch them in my essence keeper, but they spawned into spectral miners.  Creepy things that cast blindnes then slowly stalk you and whack you with a pick.  None of my weapons harmed them.  I warped home to get my scythe and my Soul Stealer V bigsword, since those mobs and weapons are both part of the HarkenScythe mod.  When I warped back the miners had despawned.  Big letdown.  I wanted to nail them, as a new experience, and as far as I know they're the only way to get ectoplasm.

Well, gotta get to bed early (midnight).  And dream up the next adventure or mapping project.

###

Comments

Popular Posts