11/10 Hexxit - capsule stations??

11/10

Major discovery ... even after weeks of playing this modpack ... the Capsule Stations (BetterDungeons mod) are awesome.  I saw a villager once selling a Small Capsule Station for 8 emeralds, thought it was some kind of Extra Bees type thing, but that mod isn't loaded.  In Arden, a purple villager was offering an Editable Capsule Station for 64 emeralds, so I got one of each for testing.

The Capsule Station sound complex or cryptic.  What they actually do is store all blocks and mobs in a certain radius in an Empty Capsule (made from a glass bottle and piston).  The blocks and mobs are wiped from the world, and when you rclick the world with the capsule it all comes back into reality.  A cut & paste tool for the world, essentially, and way easier than the old WorldEdit or the crazy Blueprint system in Buildcraft.  As for the radius, videos sais the Small Capsule Station had a 3x3x1 block area of effect, what I actually saw was 7x7x4.  It renders a wireframe of the area that will be affected.

Of course, that makes these things super dangerous.  I did some videos.  One showed that if you grab a chunk of air blocks, it can be a great anti-griefing tool; I erased a redwood-turned-waterfall grief from a frezarite meteor in one click after elevatoring up to the right height.  I wiped a lava flow and a lot of floating meteor chunks.  Then I went out and used the EDitable Capsule Station to grab one of those farmhouse/stables ruins and bring it home.  It was about 13x13x9, no problem.

Then I did a funny experiment.  I went out to the red rocks where I have been meaning to put a base.  I dug into solid rock and took home a 11x11x7 chunk of solid world blocks.  Why?  I had this stacked Russian dolls idea in my head.  I regenerated all those blocks over one of the meteor craters near Castle Vee ... then removed a 9x9x6 chunk from inside it.  Instant shell of a building.  I copied that chunk back nearby, removed a 7x7x5 chunk for another building shell. I don't remember the exact sizes, but I ended up with 3 matching buildings, each 2 blocks bigger than the next, that were originally blocks nested inside each other.  And dumped the remainder in a meteor crater.  So, rather than grumbling and wasting 20 or 30 stacks of dirt to fill all that meteor damage, I will collect buildings instead!  Well, the craters are all jumbled all over the place, and I plan to place buildings sensibly, but the idea is the same.

I was pondering whether to move the most recently discovered village (on a nice flat plain) to one of the ice plains next to my home.  But the village is about 40x80 blocks, might take 4 trips and be a real challenge to line up.  And I'm worried that some non-vanilla blocks (like Tinker's Construct houses) might glitch the server.  I'm also thinking of capturing an entire slime island and bringing it down to earth for study, but again, some weird metadata fail might make a mess ... then again with the server making a 130meg backup every hour, seems like anything can be replaced.

Ran out, added meteor shields to Crag Keep (now Rutt's base) and between my Nether and Twilight towers, one at the Cathedral (and when I hopped on the roof to place it I found 4 chests with some pretty good swag) and one at top of Skydeadtown (harvested all the barley while I was there), then one in Arden.  While I was out by Arden I grabbed a giraffe for my zoo and another fixer-upper farmhouse for my growing collection of buildings outside Castle Vee.

That's a pretty big discovery, I'd say.  And most of what I was was from AtomicStryker mods are actually from BetterDungeons, which is a mod by Chocolatin, whole different guy.  Boy the two of them do good work, and their pieces fit so nicely together.  AtomicStryker did do BattleTowers, Ruins, InfernalMobs, MinefactoryReloaded, NetherOres, PowerConverters ... how's THAT for a resume of fun?

--- late night --

I ripped out that giant arrow trap redstone room, what a complex system that was below the stone brick floor.  Anyway, I turned it into a crop farm, dirt floors, patches of carrot, cotton, gysahl and barley.  Running low on coal, isn't there any other way to cook anything in this world?

I set up a basic mob drop soul farm using my tier 2 zombie soul shard.  It really only spawned about one guy per minute, not one every 10-20 seconds like the wiki said.  Handy having a base that's a battle pit ... I ran a drop shaft, water unde rthe spawner, and ladder to go down 3 floors where zombies drop and end up with 3-4hp, crunch!  I can visit every now & then and crush a bunch with the scythe to get their souls.

I ran over to Arden, expanded the walls a bit, fixed their blacksmith shop, which I think was an unrelated ruin just a few blocks outside of town; then ran around a bit and found a nice little fountain to bring home and setup at the edge of the town.

Rutt was on briefly, but was just indecisive about how to claim that MountainCastle I gave him.  I don't know why he can't just ignore the top half if he doesn't like the climb, or just visit it on weekends, or whatever.  I only used about 30% of my castle, and that's fine.

#

Comments

Popular Posts