Hexxit world 11/14: Slime-a-geddon!

I brewed up a water breathing potion and made a ladder chute down to that sunken ship.  Spent some time patching it and clearing out all the water, so it's a good little hangout.  There were two large chests inside, but minimal loot.

More exploring, mostly by boat, I found a pirate island behind the pair of castles on one of the frozen southern coasts. 

I made my first successful warp door between the russian doll buildings outside Castle Vee and the Slime Towers.  For fun, I thought I would hit the slime-infested castle (where the slime waterfall is coming down from the slime cloud up above) with a kreknorite meteor to try and soften the defenses a bit before I raid the place.  But it backfired big time.  A really complex set of things happened: the meteor sliced through the slime island on the way down -- I can see a ring of kreknorite around a big hole up there.  Then, the meteor fall did make some lava right where the slimes are landing, so there's a massive die-off going on inside the castle, just out of sight.  And endless flurry of damage numbers.  So, when they die they drop more, smaller slimes, BUT the slime water makes them grow!  So I created SLIMAGEDDON!  It's an absolutely endless outpouring of slimes that grow as they tumble out onto the ice.  If I get close to the place I get all kinds of drops and loot.  And after only 10 minutes of rabid fighting I got 3 stacks of slimeballs and 27 levels.  So, this is the best xp farm I've ever built, and it was an accident.  Two mods interacting in escalating fury.  Wow.

Went home to brew some splash potions of poison, but recipes in NEI are all whacked.  Says AwkwardPotion + SpiderEye = PotionOfPoison(0:45) but it actually gives Potion of Regeneration (0:45).  Now trying fermented spider eye.  No.  Those in a potion of healing make potion of harming, though.  Hmm.  Since the fermented eye seems to corrupt and invert everything, I'll add that to my Regeneration Potions ... got Potion of Weakness.  Darn.  Fine I'll make splash potions out of those, reduce their damage for a while.  Okay, the other mod is way easier, 3 poison essence surrounded by 24 glass bottles = 24 poison grenades, only last a few seconds, does maybe 5-8 hp damage, but anything to wear down the horde.

Wow, that series will be known as Slime-a-geddon.  I took snow golems and iron golems, the snow golems did no damaged and were gone within about 6 minutes, the iron golem fought like maniacs for over half an hour, and one survived the whole affair.  I finally had to go up the side of the castle cliffs, make a dirt bridge across to the slime island (up above the clouds!) while walkers were shooting me with arrows, and finally plugged up the hole in the slime island, and the massive column of water finally sank down, sapawning slimes all the way down.

The server began to fry, the world began to flicker, there were obviously too many mobs and drops on the map!  When I logged back in, the mobs rendered before the castle loaded and it was an enormous writhing mass of over a hundred slimes, all merged together in some Lovecraftian horror.  I snuck up with a small capsule station and took out a chunk of them, logged out and logged back in, still an enormous mass to deal with, server still ready to overload.  I teleported back to my castle to get iron blocks to make more iron golems, and when I teleported back they had all despawned.  A bit of an anticlimax, but yeah I noticed that they despawned once before when I went back for more weapons.  This time it was a good thing, since the server was melting down.

I went and reconstituted that capsule over the lava pool at the skeleton keep I cleared last night.  Of course about 40 slimes were in there, surrounded me and I died.  So there's a tombstone in that faroff place commemorating the Day of Slime-a-geddon.  Classic interacting, unpredictable mod madness.  Wow.

Quick peaceful visit: did a run in my castle farm, got: 26 cotton, 28 barley, 16 barley seeds, 21 gysahl, 5 loverly gysahl, 1 golden gysahl, 15 maloberry, 52 carrots.  All in about 3 minutes.

Moved my tree ent out to a central fenced plot overseeing my animal pens.  Went back out to Slim-a-geddon tower, healed my surviving iron golem with life grenades and brought him home to the castle by titan band.  He's a veteran, fought the slime swarm for over an hour and lived to tell the tale (silently, to himself, of course).

Comments

Popular Posts