10/26 Hexxit - need more exits

I did a quick run before lunch.  Poked some holes in my walls to try and make useful exits.  Ran a little bridge out to the island of forest behind Castle Vee; then roads out toward the two battle towers.  I finished one battle tower, nothing but spider spawners, no golem at top; took more than a whole stack of cobble to fix the holes in floors.  Almost nothing in chests, but heck, it's cleared and lit with torches now.  Ran my road around from there to Crag Keep; there were 6 logs that looked out of place along the long wall, so I hacked through, then took out the sticky pistons -- apparently that was a door that could be opened/closed by switch.  So I broke it.  The place is mine now.  I ran around a few hundred blocks, found multiple ice battle towers and a pretty castle just off shore with diamon-shaped colored pattern on front.  Lots to explore around here!

I should try to find some sand and clay to start a smeltery; yes there are lots of other magic items in the world, but that will let me make self-repairing silk touch tools, no magical weirdness needed.  Tinker's Construct is a lot of work to setup though.

The second battle tower was just full of skeletons and blazes -- I recorded that battle.  Got my ass handed tome a few times, then came back, elevatored up the size on a column of dirt and took of those spawners on the 3rd floor; after that it was tame, no golems.  Then I blazed a roadbed way out to the coast with the diamond-mark castle and ran home.  Then I found that there are caches of sand under the frozen lake / snow block ruins.  But while out digging clay from a frozen river, I saw a battle golem standing near the wall of ice next to crag keep.  Turned on bandicam and recorded that little fight.  The ice column did crumble when the golem was gone, so I guess that counted as a battle tower, but weird having the golem on the ground floor like that.

Found enough gravel, clay and sand to make 60 seared bricks.  A good start on a smeltery.

--- later ---

Did videos on getting setup with Tinker's Construct; the basic tables then the smeltery.  This version of the mod does not seem to have ingot casts, so I guess the only way to get molten metal out is to pour it one full block at a time into the casting basin, and from there you can split em into 9 ingots.  Messy.

Anyway, I ran out and found a new village, fenced it in, protected it from zombie hoard, then did all their farming for them.  Came home with about 6 stacks of wheat, potatos, carrots, seeds.  I also did a video on cleaning up a meteor fall, and did catch one alien creeper spawn on video.  I also showed that a silk touch tool can pop out the meteor blocks instead of breaking them into chips (or nothing) ... and when I got home I replacd the old wood counters in my central "market" with new meteor countertops.  That's a fine use for those useless things.  I made 5 meteor shields -- put 4 on the roof of Castle Vee and accidentally placed the other in that village.  Fine, they can have it, those grumpy, ungrateful squidwards.

Comments

Popular Posts