10/25 Hexxit - remodeling Castle Vee

While trying to sleep I thought of a bunch of modifications to Castle Vee.  Nothing exciting enough to record on video, but when it's done I'll do a quick tour.  I want to close off that big archway area under the main marketplace and start planting flowers on those little grassy areas.  I had a creeper blow up part of that marketplace area, boy the colored wool tops of the stalls went poof in the blast; after adding a mine under the main stairs and coming up with lots of basalt, I replace most of those "awnings" with basalt.  And I replaced the wood counter with fences to keep them out in the future.  I also made use of those layers of archways in the main cavernous space overhead (above the market stalls), by adding an extra rim of basalt on the inside and iron bars on the outside (it took about 90 to go around once), plus ladders, so there are no effectively 10 more workplaces up there.  That should be enough for a central hub of imaginary industry & commerce.  ;-)

I halfway wore out my silk touch pick before noticing it was livingmetal and not diamond.  I don't see any way to make livingmetal ingots to repair those.  Hmm.

I ran a road across the valley back to my previous base at Battle Tower #2.  Funny, I thought I had so much stuff stockpiled there but it was just 15-20 armor/weapons, some essences and boring stuff.  The main cache is up in the Sky Bowl of Doom.  There was so much up there I couldn't possibly bring it all down, but boy is it defended with perpetually spawning mobs.  I'm not sure I want to brave that again, would rather explore the world and find different episodes.

I forgot about TreeCapitator -- when I whacked a tree that was in the way and it blew up and rained drops, it actually startled me.  Funny.  I was so used to using my force mitts in my FTB Unleashed world, I was caught off guard by what a simple axe could do here.

Comments

Popular Posts