11/21-22 Hexxit battle tower follies

11/21

One more quick experiment.  I picked a battle tower in the ocean near our conquered pirate ship.  I went in the bottom floor to figure out which side the chest was on, then pillared up the outside on that side.  9 stories tall, that left me about 50 blocks above the water, very precarious.  Sure enough, I peeked over the top and the golem was just on the other side of his chest, looking away.

This time my plan was to see if I could pick him up using the Titan Band without waking him up.  Crazy enough?   Well, he woke up before I got the chance, so I used my Knockback II sword to knock his ass off the tower.  Ha ha.  That was Plan B.  Plus, I was prepared.  Instead of opening chests and clicking bits, I just hacked the chest with an axe, the stuff flew to me, done. 

Dropped down one level, broke spawners, hacked the chest, done.  With the golem down below in the water the best he could do is mess up the bottom 3 floors of the place, so the top was ripe for pickings.  But mobs just dropped out windows and got all over me.  I have to dive off ... and yes, you can hit the ocean from that height and not take damage.  Quick fight with the golem, then he died, then he died again, for good.  Tower crumbled, quick mop up and looting session.  And in under 10 minutes I had about 30 new loot items, including Ender Shield, Ender Giant Sword, Lilypad of Fertility, 25 diamonds, stacks of other goodies.

2am, just finished the edits for Hexxit episodes #59-62.  These do take a while to put together.  I try to pull together clips following some common theme, not too many game days apart, and remove any unneccessary chatter or dull bits of mining or looking through chests for stuff.  These videos covered the HarkenScythe mod, Soul Shards mod, and some other bits of game lore.  They can render out while I'm off to bed.

###

11/22

A lazy rainy day.  I finished editing Hexxit episodes through #69, including the epic 4-part Ocean Pit "Golem Gone Wild" series, where I stir up that 800hp Regen golem and we blast our way across the landscape.  Of course, that means I have 8 videos to render tonight and I'm 20 behind on uploading the episodes to youtube!  But I just keep hacking away at it, like the world itself.

Funny, while watching the video again (first half was 11/9, second half was 11/15) I noticed that I never got a chance to raid the chest on the bottom level of that battle pit.  Sure enough, it was packed with goodies, including a full set of turtle scale armor (the purple set), a sojourner's staff (rclick to put torches up to about 30 blocks away), a destruction catalyst (rclick to blow up a 3x3x3 cube behind the block you're looking at, but it uses 3 gunpowder each time).  Some good stuff, and I cruised around the icy wastes lighting up & exploring ruins, then found another gift meteor in the middle of nowhere.

Sadly, I just keep getting Bad Login errors when I try to get on the server.  The Technic launcher itself seems to go away when MC loads, maybe that's why?  I bit frustrating.  Let me drop in on my FTB Unleashed world to test and see if maybe the MC login server is down.  If that works, then there's something up with the Technic launcher.

Comments

Popular Posts