11/2 FTB Unleashed - video game therapy

Feeling crummy today, bleah.  Need a little video game therapy, and not in the crazy battle world.  Just some calm building projects.  Took my last two worktables, about a stack of quartz & redstone & iron, and an electric furnace up to lab under MFSU.  Starting on Applied Energistics.  Oh yeah, can't even get started on that mod until I have lasers and an assembly table (for chipsets), and it takes BOTH types of quartz dusts (nether & certus) to make fluix dust to get going.

Okay, Minefactory Reloaded then.  Odd how their machines all now use the Thermal Expansion machine frames.  They used to have a fairly cheap plastic sheet (PS) machine frame of their own.  Made 20 Reception coils (RRC), 4 machine frames (MF). 

Rancher needs 2 PS, liquiduct (hardened glass + 2 Cu = 4 liquiducts), 2 shears, 2 tin, RRC.  I did make 4 hardened glass a while ago just to test that recipe, grab 2, got 8 liquiducts.  Fiddle some more = 2 ranchers (one for milk, one for wool).  Head out to ranch land, make 2 2x2 pens, one for a sheep, one for a cow.  Hooked up ranchers to a force engine.  Within 5 minutes (22:07) I have 2 tanks of milk, only one wool.  Eat some grass, will ya!  22:22 three tanks of milk, no more wool.  Will check in later.

Now, fisher needs fishing rod, 2 buckets, 2 Fe, 2 PS, RRC.  22:15 done.  Grabbing a spare clockwork engine and a chest.  Setup 22:19 at edge of lake, whack the clockwork engine.  Fisher shows that it needs 1600 MJ or 4000 EU to pull out a fish.  Huh, it powers up but never does any Work.  Okay I cleared out some more water blocks around it, work bar slowly goes up, and 22:24 there's fish #1 piping into my chest.  Fish #2 under a minute later, but power is down to almost zero.  Anyway, I can smack the engine every now and then and get fishies.  From dead empty power, it gets about 10 work/sec and it takes 900 work to catch a fish.  Probably needs a stronger engine, but okay for demo.

22:31 Back to ranchers - one bucket of force got 3 tanks of milk and 2 wool.  Looks like cake recipe was nerfed to use milk CANS instead of BUCKETS.  So you end up with a bunch of tin in your cake?  Otherwise, main use of milk is as an amplifier (x2.5 power fo 3000 ticks) in force engine, I can bucket brigade some into my engine, power goes way up.  Looks like ranchers have 4b internal storage for milk (r-click with can or bucket to remove it), and have a 3x3 area which may be inventory for wool, etc; they hold 3200 MJ or 8000 EU.  But even  with a 2nd sheep I'm not getting any Work or wool out of it, oh well, shut down engine for now.  I had this working in my Quickhaven world, will try again later.  Anyway, I grabbed 30 cans of milk, stacked 10 in my thermal expansion lab force engine, big power boost to those critical machines.  They tay at full power now even if I run two pulverizers together.

Haven't been up to my biomass factory in a while.  Tanks: 52b biomass, 15b ethanol, 207b oil.  Farm chests: 3x64+39 melon slices, 28 melons, 3x64+19 pumpkins; 94 carrots, 3x64 potatos.  Experiment: 8 bonemeal on groudn & half a shears got: 64+56 grass (15 plantballs), a few seeds 7 flowers.  Now 64b of biomass, pump some into stills, down to 52b remaining.  Let em chew on the for a while.

--- laundry break ---

Moved a cow and rancher into lab under iron tanks.  He's in a recess in the wall, pumping our milk.  I made 6 force gears, some pistons, finally 3 force engines - 24 force ingots left over (I used the force gem + 2 silver ingot = 3 force ingot recipes because I have no other obvious use for silver). 

I set up my aseembly table with 3 lasers on quartz conductive pipes, run by 3 force engines using oil from oil tank and milk from the nearby generous cow as throttle.  Oil only gives 1.5 MJ/t times 2.5 for the milk boost = 3.75 MJ/t each. 

And, after building the darn assembly table, I was wrong about Applied Energistics requiring an assembly table first.  See the ME Basic Processor (MEBP) CAN be made from a golden chipset + silicon + fluix powder BUT it can also be made by smelting a Basic Processor Assembly which is just RS gold RS over silicon, cut with the quartz cutting knife.  Duh.  I even had a text file of old notes on that mod's recipes and missed that pathway.  Oh well, so I did a video showing how to setup the lasers and assembly table, and have 6 redstone chipsets for future use, and a milker cow, all in my south cliff lab behind the big window.  I wonder if I run across town if I can see the lasers going behind the windows.  Yes!

I made some copper blocks (double my ores) in the smeltery while I was tinkering upstairs.  Ran across to AE Lab, made 5 MEBP, then 3 storage cells then one storage segment then a ME 4k storage unit.  Then 8 fluix dust; conversion matrix (ugh, 2 fluix dust, one of each quartz, an MEBP and 4 iron), and finally an ME chest.  Stash in chest for later.  Thunderstorm.  Gotta get some sleep tonight.

###

Comments

Popular Posts