10/24 Hexxit - new videos

I finished editing my last round of Hexxit adventures (ep 12-16), so time to have some more.  Actually this time through I think I will just go on a roadbuilding expedition to hook up all my landmarks, then move most of my loot to the Walker Castle (now dubbed Castle Vee).  I haven't been on the actual map in about 2 weeks but my brain automatically knew to head straight out and hang a left at the meteor crater.  I completed a roadbed all the way back to my first hut.  And since this is all snowy, I had to remember to leave it as a roadbed, because any flat road would just get covered by snow.

Boy it's hard to decide what to do with all the "stuff" I've already hoarded.  I have my first house, another hoard at the 2nd battle tower, and want to move my HQ to Castle Vee now.  How many different chests or, if there was a real village of people, how many different "vocations" would all this junk split up into?  There are ores that need smelting (but with no technology mods it's mostly for making super chests, tools, armor); gardening for food; flowers/dyes; Natura shrub farming; logging for wood; normal livestock ranching (though you can get leather by smelting rotten flesh or from fur pelts from bears); chocobo ranching; Tinker's Construct smeltery and tables; whatever magic system had those weirs essences I keep picking up; tree collecting; zoo specimen collecting (aw no safari net, probably no way to bring a giraffe home); xeno's reliquary stuff; normal enchanting; normal brewing; and on and on.  I can see the Vee Castle being big enough for all of this ... still pretty daunting to setup though.  And nothing but the lame/expensive vanilla hopper for automation.

The reinforced chests in this mod are way more expensive than the usual Iron Chests chests.  A regular Iron Chest would be a wooden chest surrounded by 8 iron ingots, this Iron Reinforced Chest recipe is chest + 4 iron + iron block (9 iron), plus 3 logs.  Okay, those chests has 13x3 slots, and I suppose each step up will add another row of 13 slots.

I recorded about a 90-minute battle at that Walker Crag Keep.  I died once, but thought ahead as far as blocking the door in one of their little barracks room, putting spare armor in the chest and sleeping in that bed.  So the one time I did die, I ended up just down the hill with some chance of getting back to my gear alive.

For fun I figured I'd clear out that "better dungeon" near Castle Vee.  I think those are actually part of the Battle Towers mod now, since they're essentially just battle towers going down into the ground with no golem.  Turned out to be a heck of a fight, then I figured out the most efficient way to tunnel around and block lower stairs and knock out spawners.  Much faster than previous strategies.

I sat at the computer for a while and did video edits for episodes through #23.  Checking youtube, the last one I posted was episode 12.  Wow.  11 more to upload, and that's still not the end of my adventures.  I try to keep each episode between 8-15 minutes, but some of these battles do take more than an hour!

So okay, tonight I posted:
part 13: Return to Walker Castle
part 14: Walker Castle Heights
part 15: Walker Castle Depths
part 16: Walker Castle Boss

Comments

Popular Posts