11/8-9 Hexxit - zoo, meteors & teleport fail

11/8

A couple more visits to the world, exploring, fighting mobs with Rutt.  I started a huge enclosure outside Arden, my new Zoo, where I started collecting animals using the Titan Band.  I have 2 elephants, 2 rhinos, a chocobo, armadillo, some sheep that wandered in ... then I went off and found a snowy waste with woolly mammoths.  So I brought one of those back on top of my head.  A fun little collection so far.  Then a brown bear and a polar bear.  They all seem to get along in there.  Too bad they never heal, since a few of them are damaged but it's probably not worth splash healing potions to fix em up.

Rutt & I raided the pirate ship.  We went in the back end, and he died right away.  One of the first walkers to spawn had some darkness and exploding attack, but I was able to hit him with arrows from far away.  Walker pirates came out on boats, firing guns, but I was able to sink them and get in to grab his stuff.  After that it was pretty mellow.  I was expecting more of a fight.  Yes, on the main deck, some guys dropped down the hatches and tried to come up behind us, but I had blocked the stairs.  Ha ha.  The captain was fun, (sort of) teleporting around the room and splitting into two guys somehow, but we kicked him out.  Fired off some cannons, left a few for later.  Good raid.

After that I must have wasted an hour just trying to sort things into chests properly.  All magical stuff goes downstairs in my new enchanting room; I have rooms or chests for: dirt, cobble, stone, sand/glass, clay/brick, eyes/heads, basalt & marble, ores, metals, food, seeds, saplings/plants, wool/dyes, wood, armor, weapons, tools, meteor stuff, leather, potion ingredients, potions, magical ingredients, soul/blood items (HarkenScythe mod), soul shards, nether stuff, twilight stuff, etc etc.  But after a typical foray I may come back with 2 backpacks full of about 60 different items.  What a mess already.

Even with Buildcraft pipes, there would be no sensible way to automate this sorting process.  Maybe with a tunnel 200 blocks long, 40 chests and 20 diamond pipes?  Yuck.  Definitely a drag.
  It's getting to where I will make all different colored backpacks and just carry around a green on for plants/seeds, brown one for dirt/cobble, etc etc ... but even then all the junk needs to be transferred to chests when I get home.  And I can't really have 40 backpacks on.  Even the 3 I have are hard to juggle.


###

11/9

Just a quick maintenance trip.  I hopped to Danbury, stole their smeltery as payment for repairing their town.  They didn't build it right anyway.  ;-)  From there I blazed a road about 90 blocks north into snowy wastes, thru a stone mountain to a little house that was sitting there.  Then I blazed a road west, through about 200 blocks of stone under an extreme jungle, to a little forest grove where I built a safehouse.  Trouble is there's a little walker keep blocking my way forward.  My plan was to reach the grasslands which would actually connect up with that last village (with fort) I found over by the woolly mammoths.  But I have to get past this keep in this narrow valley.  Anyway, mark this as a little foray with Rutt, we should have that place cleard out in no time, then head down to the plains for the next one.

I snuck around the keep in the valley, made it out to that newest town, went across the Ice Wastelands to Green Hills which had every flower I could think of.  Marked a waypoint called "the alcove", twisted overhangs to hang out in to explore that far end of the world.

Beamed home then Holy crap.  Got a message saying "Living creatures in your airspace." Ran outside, found a gift meteor then KABLAMM!  About 10-12 meteors fell, blew the crap out of my nether tower and my landscape, and with magnet mode still on every piece of dirt and every flower can pouring up out of the ground onto me.  Kinda funny - I'm hooked on meteor mode for normal usage but this was nuts.  I did tempt one alien kitty with a fish and he came over, took it, got all lovey  ... and walked away.  SO, massive landscape damage and NO pet kitty.  I'm turning that shit off in the config file.  But at least I got an alien kitty attack on video.

-- after after dinner --

What a wild experiment gone wrong.  I went to Nether with salamander eye, put out some fires, no problem.  Then I used the Titan Band to pick an imp out of the lava, drop it away from the lava so I could smack it without the drops burning up.  Fine.  Then I got funny and tried to pick one up and teleport home using the map -- I was able to switch the map to my home dimension, but NOOOOOOO it beamed be into a wall in the Nether and I sufocated (along with the imp I suppose).

I was a bit bummed, but I got some backup armor, weapons, stopped at kitchen for some steaks, and headed back through the portal.  I remembered that space was compressed in the Nether by a factor of 8.  Sure enough, after a few steps in the right direction, all my dropped goods came bouncing up out of the walls and back to me.  Magnet Mode rocks.  I dug around looking for a tombstone in the solid wall, didn't find it.  Anyway, since the Nether portal was only about 100 blocks from my Castle in the Overworld, my stuff fell only about 12 blocks from the portal in the Nether.  That imp was smeared, though I suspiciously ended up with 7 imp leather, which I believe includes the pieces of the one I took into the solid wall with me.

Overall, that was friggin hilarious, and all on video; I might barely have been able to survive if I had started wailing away with the pickae on the netherrack to make a spot to breathe, but it all worked out.  Anyway, back home, I pieced together my 2nd smeltery from the parts I stole from Danbury village, then built both smelteries up a 3rd level, so each now has 27 spaces for melting things.  That's some serious metal production; I made 8 blocks of iron, 4 blocks of tin, 6 blocks of copper, in just a few minutes of tinkering.

Finished the video project files for my Hexxit series through episode 35.  I will render the last few episodes in the next hour or two while winding down for bed.  Holy cow, I have enough raw video for at least 20 more episodes; 65 video segments, ranging from 1 to 30 minutes each.  I'm getting a little more aggressive about chopping out dull parts, but also can't spend hours refining the things.  Just need to have the adventure or do the tutorial, do a quick look, add caption and trailing logo and output the thing.

###

Comments

Popular Posts