10/27 FTB Unleashed - hidden mods?

After reading the wiki and checking my mods folder, turns out there are some mods that are disabled by default.  I enabled PowerConverters and VendingBlock.  Don't need Xeno's Reliquary or Hats or Biomes O' Plenty.  Ran out to desert to pump another oil patch dry; did a little training video about it.  My main road is along x=0, and I ran it all the way out to -1200z, then ran 800 blocks in each direction.  Found a jungle temple but it was empty and dull compared to the stuff in the Hexxit modpack.  The other direction I was just about to give up when two enormous trees showed up in the distance -- Natur'a redwood trees, that grow up to above the cloud layer.

And as I was walking around those trees gawking and videoing, I found a village in the distance.  Finally!  It's day 208 and I've covered thousands of blocks of tracking, and this is the first village.  Really big one, too -- took 6 stacks of wall and 2 stacks of torches to secure it.  And it was in the desert on nice flat ground, no roads running up and down cliffs and major junk to repair.  Looks good as is.  And one of the village huts had a fancy desk with papers on top: MystCraft pages. 

Unfortunately, at -840, 640 it's 840 blocks due west from Campo, which is quite a trip through forests and across deserts. 

But it's a start.

On the way back I show how to force wrench the filled glass tanks of oil and setup the pump over the next oil pool.  Then I run home and show how I pump the glass tanks into my new iron tank for oil, was at 160 buckets when I left.  I made 3 safari nets, showing that the generic tears do NOT work as ghast tears, even though they're matched up in the ore dictionary.  But ... safari net!  I grabbed some cows, a deer and a sheep and dropped them in my pen.  Need to set up MFR ranchers for endless wool and milk.

#

Comments

Popular Posts