11/19-20 Hexxit: gross biomass & bad chunks

11/18

Quick visit to play with the gross "biomass" (HarkenScythe mod).  Fermented spider eye + nether wart = biomass seed.  4 flesh and 4 spider eyes around slimeball = creepball.  Now, on the Altar of Blood it takes 10 blood each to germinate those icky seeds.  Rclick soul sand with a creepball to create a creep block, then rclick that with a glaive, now you can plant a seed. 

The creep blocks seem to infect neighboring soul sand, mine spread from 2 to 4 blocks in a few minutes, which is good, since that's pretty resource-intensive otherwise.  You're supposed to be able to feed them blood to speed them up; they seem to grow about one stage per 4 minutes.  Yes, rclicking the creep block with a bloodkeeper will use one blood and stain the block red, not sure about the effect on plant growth.

Stopped to make another ardite silk touch self-repair pick at my smeltery.  Can't believe I lost my last one to a wither.  Really need to keep all my good stuff at home for a battle like that.

I took the dive at bought 5 Necronomicon pages from a villager at 30 emeralds each, made the infernal book.  Will test it out soon.  Otherwise, just a quick visit to wall off a few villages and smack some mobs around.

###

11/19

Just a quick visit.  I went to one of the ice battle towers and thought I could take it, but I ran into a super infernal zombie on the third floor that chased me around, teleported, set me on fire AND withered me.  I died.  I came back and trapped that guy inside a tunnel in the nearby hill since I could think of no way to fight him.  Still couldn't get past that 3rd floor because mobs were dropping down from above too fast, so I pillared up around that, woke the golem.  He melted enough of the tower that I could jump off into the flowing water all around it.  Took a while to locate the guy again, he was half-drowning in a waterfall in a corner of the 6th floor.  I killed him, got the "Guardian is Dead" message, but he was still there, so I killed him again, tower crumbled, I rode the flood of water down.  Bit of a mess, but I got it done.

I was having some serious chunk errors around Bangor.  Undiggable blocks, and unloaded chunks, black squares on the map.  And when I try to teleport to that point there's a huge delay as I sink into emptiness ... unnerving.  I tried restoring that chunk file a few times.  Finally went back to 11/6 and it seems stable.

Comments

Popular Posts