11/11 Hexxit - xp farm & new buildings

Patched up stables #2, replaced stairs in both stables with ladders, brought in first 3 chocobos and tamed them.  Got them to look at each other with silly hearts, but no baby.  Upgraded by soul trap lab: used the editable capsule station to lop out 5x5x20 columns of stone from bottom, creating instant mob-drop xp farms.  Or in this case, soul farms.  Zombies & skels land with only 3-4hp left, and when a bunch crowd up against the fence gate, I rclick with the scythe, smash them and grab the floating souls.  I have about 60 souls stored in crucible upstairs, and made 4 livingmetal ingots and 2 soulweave to demonstrate those recipes, then did some blood and made bloodweave to learn how the altars work.  Even without the scythe, turning on those 3 soul cages (by removing the torches) makes quite an xp farm.  After about 10 minutes I ended up with: 5 gold, 74 string (the spiders are falling too far & mostly dying), 7 damaged bows, 28 emerald shards, 14 flesh, 53 bones, zombie head, about 50 arrows, and about 18 levels of xp to play with.  There were about 3 infernal mobs in the batch, including one infernal skeleton which for some reason the other skels just started shooting with arrows, helping me clear the room; and a vanishing spider of booming.

Rutt came on for a bit.  I was off exploring in the southwest, found an awesome autumn woods lake framed by red rocks, with a slime clouds just above the clouds at the highest rocks.  So I tp'd him over and we ran around and checked it out.  Oddly, no matter what exact warning I type to him, he seems to do exactly what I warn him not to do, and usually dies.  Like "stay away from the edge of the slime cloud, it's 50 blocks down to the ground," and he got smacked to within on block of the side.  Then jumped off for fun and only survived because of feather falling boots.  Then tried it again, while I rolled video, missed the water and died.  And on the way home I stopped to point out what quicksand looks like, and really really DON'T go in there; a minute later, ok let's swim home, and a minute later Rutt is suffocated by quicksand and I have to go back and get his stuff. 

As we joked, he's an adventurer player with no survival skills.

Earlier, I went into Nether trying to collect imps.  I ended up putting a default 15x15x7 chunk of the Nether (with 4 imps) in a capsule and brought it home.  Dug down UNDER the nether tower (my first attempt at 7x7 chunk wiped out one floor of the tower) and let er rip.  Poof, like a weird diorama project, a 15x15x7 chunk of nether under my tower.  I went back as Rutt was leaving to see if those imps really could be bred.  Sure enough, gave em glowshroom stew and they got hearts, and poof there are 6 of them now.  An expensive recipe, though, have to find and grow all 3 types of nether shrooms.  But those little guys are cute.  When I went back they were taking damage from the razorvines, so I removed all of those.  Then as a test of my zookeeping skills, I tossed some life grenades in there.  It healed all damaged guys within about 5 blocks, 1hp per second for about 8 seconds.  Great for healing those animals and mobs that got a bit damaged in transit!

-- midnight run --

I never did find any nether wart in the Nether, but I did have 3 I found in some chest somewhere.  So I planted 6 of them in soul sand under the stairs by my brewing stand, I now have 19 wart ready for brewing.  Now making some Life grenades: 8 bottles around a life essence makes 8 of them, super easy to make.  Made 16 and grabbed the cursed bone for testing.

I did some running around in distant woods, found a tree ent (wow, rare creature).  I ended up putting him in one of the big empty side halls of my castle, surrounded by wood blocks.  A sort of trophy hall of sorts.  Further out at that waypoint (crystal cove) I found patches with lots of foxes, rabbits, black horses, and then out of the plains I saw a glimpse of yet another village.  I need to think about my animal wrangling plans.  I think my two stables are going to be taken up by chocobos, but they're tool tall to take them out for a ride.  Maybe those stables should be my tiny animal breeding homes, and the chocobos can freeze outside?

The foxes and rabbits and gators should be breedable.  Those are Project Zulu mod animals.  Somehow I made my woolly mammoth mad, he rammed me a few times.  Of course there are also all those fine Twilight Forest creatures, of which only the deer and boars are breedable from what I can tell.

Oh well, got too late again...

#

Comments

Popular Posts