11/3-4 Hexxit: shared server & recipes

11/3

I got my Hexxit world up & running on a public server.  Well, it's private, for friends only, but it's out there beyond my house and running all day, so the guys can all go there and adventure together.First Ruttemous and I had some adventures in what looked like a small towers, but turned out to have a huge complex of chambers below, ending in a big pool with a necromancer fight.  I showed him so much available real estate (Crag Keep, the Cathedral, Sky Keep) that he couldn't wrap his mind over where to start first.


11/4

Today we went on more exploratory runs; Rutt decided instead of taking apart half of Crag Keep he should just go into the desert and start his own place. So I took him out there, he found the tallest pillar of rock & sand, nice spot.  We saw a battle tower from there, half buried in a stone pinnacle.  I tried tunneling into it, couldn't find it.  We went in through the next-to-top floor (the only one accessible), I looked where stairs should be a sure enough it was solid stone.  BUT after the golem attacked, the entire area where the tower SHOULD have been blew up, dropping me into a huge tower-sized pit and killing me.  I respawned, flubbed my waypoints in the map (didn't realize I could toggle to show ALL waypoints), and couldn't teleport back in time, so I lost all my stuff.

MY main loss was my big backpack, about 50 slots of stuff, and my Power II Infinite legia bow that shoots 2 arrows per shot and routinely does 25-30hp damage.

Anyway, I checked recipes and just remade my legia bow.  Here are the bow recipes I found:

IBow = iron bow

Nrk Blz
Au IBow
Nrk Blz = Blazing Bow

-   D  Str
Fe Bow Str
 -  D  Str = Crystal Bow

 Au endP
Eye IBow
 Au endP = ender bow

    - Ice  Str
Sball IBow Str
    - Ice  Str = Frost Bow

 -  Au Str
Au Bow Str
 -  Au Str = Golden Bow

 -  Fe Str
Fe Bow Str
 -  Fe Str = Iron Bow

-  IBow Str
Fe   -  Str
-  IBow Str = Legia Bow (my favorite!)

 -  St  Str
Stk Bow Str
 -  St  Str = Reinforced Bow

Then I had to explore how to make those backpacks, and I found these:

Str Str Str
Lth Str Lth
Str STr Str = BoundLeather

[SMELT] BoundLeather -> TannedLeather

Now ...
8 Lth around nothing = Backpack - 27 slots (9x3)
8 TannedLth around nothing = BigBackpack = 54 slots (9x6)
    Use dye in middle for a specific color of pack

Even better ...
8 Lth around CraftingTable = WorkbenchBackpack - nice! A portable crafting table, doesn't drop goods when closed.
8 TannedLth around CraftingTable = BigWorkbenchBackpack - portable crafting table with 18 slots inventory

So now my little room labeled LEATHER GOODS actually makes some neat things!  I made one of each item to get these stats. 

Will take the BigBackpack and BigWorkbenchBackpack with me from now on.  Others are for backups.

I then made a bunch of Bibilotech furniture.  The display cases aren't exciting, I like picture frames better.  The tables are nice, skip the lamps & lanterns.  Tool racks show 4 tools or weapons each, where a chest in the same spot can hold 36 or more.  But the desk can hold 9x64 stacks of books and display them so nicely, and the shelves do wonders with about 16 enchanted books: put em on top of bottom shelf and the are displayed in all shapes & sized, well done.  The storage crates each hold 18 items I think, but they connect inventories if you group them together (no more than 2 blocks high it seems, the 3rd row just pops off), and no opening/closing chest sound.  The Locker holds 27 items, same as regular chest, same sound f/x, just a different look.

###

Comments

Popular Posts