11/20 Hexxit big adventures

11/20

Boy we've had some epic adventures these past few nights.  I went for a quick run out to the slime castle to make sure all was quiet.  On the way back I saw that the castle next door had its door busted down and I got hit in the face with a wave of drops thanks to magnet mode.  Sure enough, there was a tombstone with Rutt's name on it.  So I put his stuff in a chest back at his house and gave him a call to see what had happened.  He logged in later and we sacked the place.  Really a long, complex fight with some sneaky walkers and some madly buffed guys throwing weakness potions.  I was down to half a heart at one point, but managed to duck out and pull through.  There was a Walker King at the top, I had two holy hand grenades left over to soften him up.  Castle pwned.

From there we raided the pirate island behind those two castles.  Another really fun, well designed encounter.  Rutt was on the island before I could get there, and pirates were coming at him from all angles, so I lobbed my last two holy hand grenades to clear out what would have been an obvious death.  From there it was really enjoyable taking the ship that was docked there, then making our way up and around all the gangways and secret passages.  Up to the Pirate Boss's room at the top; he did his usual teleporting/doubling trick but we were ready for it, and took him out pretty easily.  Rutt got a tricketer's dagger.  Then some spare diamond pirates came in the side door, took those out.  And we went out there and up to the top of the island to make sure there were no more mobs lurking.  Funny, though ... the very top of the island had a red X marked out in wool.  "We just have to dig here," Rutt said.  Sure enough, a few blocks below was yet another chest of goodies.

 Great map design.

From there we took the big pirate ship docked off the island and blasted the island with cannon fire while in celebration. 

From that pirate boss I got a ninja dagger.  We were overloaded with swag and each spent about a half hour sorting it out back at our castles.  Great night.

After Rutt left I tried a crazy experiment.  I went to that netherrack battle tower near the town of Bangor, and since there was a cliff almost the same height just 25 blocks away, I built a walkway across to the top of the tower, made sure the golem was looking AWAY from me, and quickly dropped a small capsule station -- golem woke up but BAMM, he and his chest were trapped in the capsule.  That was close.  According to wikis, the golems wake up if they take damage or if they see the player, but I swear they also detect if I get within about 4 blocks, or a block is placed near them.  Anyway, it was fun to raid the top 2 floors while the golem was is my pocket.  Then I went out to an ocean ruin and BAMM brought back the golem and chest from the capsule.  A pretty easy fight.  At one point the golem blew up the chest but magnet mode brought all the goodies to me. 

Downside is, he also blew up my capsule station.  Those are expensive!  But it was just a test to see if they could even be captured.  Now the weird thing is, I fought the guy many many chunks away from his tower, but when I went back to the tower it had crumbled anyway!  I don't know how it maintained the connection to the tower, unless the tower stays chunk-loaded?

Still a good experiment.  Finished edited Hexxit videos through episode 58.  Takes about 2 week delay before they get edited and another week or two before they get posted to youtube.  I have almost no viewers, though.  Sad.  I think they're among the more entertaining Let's Play series out there, at least in terms of trying everything each modpack has to offer and stopping to give a lot of detailed explanations.  Most "Let's Play" videos have guys just running around and digging and going in circles.  Please check out a few episodes.

###

Comments

Popular Posts