10/28 FTB Unleashed - road review & explore1

Lunch trip.  I setup the mining turtle at the base of my north cliff lab, figured a tunnel will be way faster than running up and down the extreme hills.  Drilled it out at 20x over chasm to -125z then silk touched a tunnel to -80x.  Met up with the coastline in 3 places.  Handy access route.  Came home with probably 12 stacks of cobble (for compressed cobble blocks), 4 stacks of stone (silk touch, baby), ores: 108 coal, 1 U, 30 Fe, 66 Cu.  And some random junk like a creeper head.

-- later --

Quick review of my road system.  Note that I always give (x,z) coordinates due to odd choice by programmers y is your altitude. 

Home (Axum) is at (-20,65). 

New north tunnel/road to (20,-125).

South road follows +12x to Beaumnont (12,246) to future Thaum Crag (12,360).  From there it shunts over to 0x (purely accidental I think) and continues to Campo in the desert (0,615) and continues across wastes and grasslands to (0,1200) while hunting for villages.

Only village found was at (-840,620) which is 840 blocks west of Campo, a major road build someday. 

Returning to Beaumont, there a road from (10,217) past the mangroves (-68,217) to the base of Temple Hill at (-166,217) then it shifts over a few and runs as a plain roadbed through jungle (-291,-226) and shifts again (to get around a lake) then zigzags through hill between forests and rivers headed south, ending at (-343,409).

While I was there, I extended it down to (-343,800) and turned right, out to desert ... ending at (-493,800).  Then I checked my notes and oops!  I backtracked to 640z and ran a road all the way out to (-840,640) and came out a block from the end of the gravel road at the new village.  Planted some birch trees, hit the hay.  Yes I was naughty and skipped 3 game nights while

digging that long roadbed.  But now the village is no longer lost.  On the way back I will dig straight back to Campo.  My shovel needs some time to heal.  I dub this village Basra because it's ancient, mysteriuous and lost in the desert.  Yes, I know it was supposed to start with a D, and I was tempted to start all native villages with a V, "in the end it doesn't really matter" (now I have that Linkin Park song in my head).

Road back from Basra to Campo done.  Only skipped one more night.  Just a roadbed, paving that 1,000 blocks of raod that will probably hardly ever be used would be nuts.  Ran home from there, stopping to add a few glowstone blocks under the overhang at Thaum Crag.

I didn't mean to kill any trees but when they're right in the middle of a road, whack, and when the neighbor trees stand there half stripped, those have to be cleared out too, so I came home with some logs: 64+64+15 oak, 43 birch; saplings 75 oak, 7 birch.  Lots of other bits & pieces & carrots and such.

Iron tanks: 207b oil, 40b biomass, 17b ethanol.  Poked a few holes in the cliff facade and put torches there, to maybe align an internal dig for a new lab/lounge, but it's all uneven dirt & gravel on this side.  Made 64 grout -> 64 seared bricks. 

Upgraded my smeltery with another faucet and first casting basin, output an iron block and 3 ingots, but then there was a "chunk" left which half poured into the ingot cast and got stuck.  I was able to pop out the casting table and put it back, the ingot cast popped off intact, only that tiny drip of metal was lost.

For fun I carved out the pesky south cliff, video running; first I had to replace a lot of the dirt facade with stone, then I carved an irregular set of big windows which fit the shape of the thing.  Fun little build.

--- after dinner ---

more roads & tunnels, north again.  To -159,200 - withch's hut.  Fought some enders and a gaggle of green slimes, ended up with 16 slimeballs.  Glad I made some backpacks: miner's, digger's and forester's.  Found my first willow and amaranth trees, got samples to prove it.  So I have a major E/W tunnel at -125z, I can run lines from there out to any surface landmarks I want, and avoid running up and down hills or through the trees.  Pushed the tunnel/road out under jungle then over desert to (620,-125), hit an unloaded chunk line.  Reload.

Wide river, juke down to -100z and bridge the river (32 blocks wide), continue ... end at 788,-100 at a big bay, just irregular spits of sand going out from there.  Furthest torch at 880,-137, no villages anywhere on big map.  Detour south at -779x ... hit coastline again at -779,197.  Oh well, run home with my goods.  At night.  Desert run was a real gauntlet of creepers, slimes, I outran them all until 2 spiders slowed me down.  Nice to drop back into the jungle tunnel, safe.  Took about 4 minutes to run home from 1,000 blocks away, with no chance of getting lost or confused by the landscape.

At home, miner's backpack has: 16 quartz (dust & xtals), ores: 2 Al, 13 Cu, 13 Fe, 35 coal, 4 Fe gravel.  Forester's backpack has logs: 31 oak, 43 jungle, 7 willow, 14 amaranth, 7 saguaro, 7 birch, 12 rubber; plus saplings: 10 birch (for biomass), 9 willow, 3 amaranth, 33 oak (for biomass), 1 jungle.  And 16 rubber.  Oh, and a spoils bag: 3 Fe, 6 coal, minecart, single-use safari net, 16 coal coke, bread.

My shovel was at about 80/825, needs time to auto-repair.  Recharge my nano suit, down to about 35%.  Plant 3 amaranth, 2 willows, each in it's own little area, and one of each with a specimen sign.  Willows need a lot of room, and have neat shapes that droops down to the ground at the corners.

#

Comments

Popular Posts