11/12-13 Hexxit - new castles to visit

Exploring the frozen wastes across the sea from the pirate ship we plundered.  Found a pair of fortress side by side, one with a slime island overhead -- but the slime-generating water pool was busted at the bottom, so a column of water pours down onto the castle, with a steady stream of slimes.  Including a King Slime every few minutes.  A totally wild waterfall of mobs, and the walker spawners on the castle walls don't even notice.  I went from level 37 to 48 after kicking about 50 slimes, and getting 64+35 slimeballs for breakfast.

Collected two more buildings for my collection.  I will be lining my snowy roads with buildings now, creating a new kind of "village".

I put my tier 2 creeper soul shard (I absorbed a creeper spawner in an igloo trap) into a soul cage, let em rip.  With those and the zombies and skeletons going, in 9 minutes I gained about 4 levels (I'm at level 52 somehow!) and got 60 souls, 14 blood, and these goodies: 7 chocopedias (argh!), 4 creeper heads, 1 zombie head, 6 damaged bows, 65 emerald shards, 96 bones, 40 arrows, 43 flesh, probably a few other doo-dads.

Just throwing numbers out there to see how effective various setups are.

On another run around the world I found about 5 ships off shore, including one sunken one; plus 2 more castles, side by side; and ... a Volcano Dungeon!   One of the biggest, deepest, most dangerous creations on the map, with walls just dripping with ore that's hard to get to.

###

11/13

Lunch trip.  Added some animal pens on the forest hill behind Castle Vee.  Went out and got a pair of alligators, sure enough if you give em raw chickens, they spawn a baby which starts off with a full 20hp.

After Dinner.  Warped out to desert north of Danbury, tried out the sand & soul sand tower - obvious ladder trap inside, so I ran video and tripped it and watched the place collapse.  Cleared a tiny pyramid, then stopped at the ender-infested town.  Made an ender medallion, looks like you only have to stare at about 6 enders to charge it up fully.  Worth experimenting.  I ran partway home and stumbled upon an ostrich, which I grabbed in my titan band and dropped off at zoo; from there I took my took foxes out of the zoo (they kept getting stepped on by the mammoth) and put them in my new animal pens next to the gators.

Guess I'll keep all my breedable critters there, out of the snow.

I took that dungeon that I brought home by capsule station, stuck it back in the capsule station, and dropped it in the Nether near my portal, as my new base.  Funny, I was thinking that I needed to bring some chests and building materials down to the Nether to fortify the area around the portal, then thought ... hey, that little dungeon thingy has 2 chests in it already, and faces the right direction to replace the little tunnel entrance with a nice safe spot.  Then poof, done.  Almost wiped out my portal though!  Gotta be more careful.  I ran out to the 2nd nether fortress but it was pretty much empty and useless. 

Different design than I remembered, no nether wart under the stairs.  I tried to teleport home but it dropped me about 20 blocks in a spot I didn't recognize.  Ouch.  This map plugin does NOT teleport properly in the Nether!  Anyway, I recognized a little outcrop and ran home.  There's really not much I need down in the Nether.  I got my own stash of nether wart, blazes spawn in battle towers, only the weird trees and mushrooms and imps are different enough.  But I'd rather be in the Twilight Forest any day ... much better range of stuff to see and do, minus the gloom and doom and fire.

Took a quick run to that skeleton keep blocking the pass west of Danbury.  Looked like a little 3 or 4 room affair, but when you get inside there's a bridge and way down below is a lava pit.  Turned out to be a 40-minute search and destroy mission.  Fun design once again.

I tested and found that you can "repair" a titan band like any other damaged item: just add two damaged ones together to get one with a few extra hp added.

None of the guys showed up so I mostly ran around generating new chunks.  Found village #13, letter M, named it Montrose.  Then village #14, dubbed it Nowhere, but wait ... if anything, it was a hub of good stuff: a fort on on side, fort on the other side, second sky bowl of doom (technically those are Kami Palaces), a battle tower, battle pit, and a farmhouse outside of town that I took as my base.  Wow, a lot to explore out on that plain around the village of Nowhere.

#

Comments

Popular Posts