12/8 Big Dig machines & caches

I spent some time setting up some new things.  First and easiest was adding a Crafty Turtle to my Ore Lab, then I copied over my old "makeme" program from a few worlds ago.  Funny, I had to actually edit a dummy program on the turtle before ComputerCRaft made an actual folder for that computer ID.  Well handled, used to suck getting a new folder every time I set my mining turtle down.  I thought they fixed the issue where an CC computer gets a new ID every time it's placed in the world, but it's still doing it.

The UE/Mekanism stuff was a bear to get through, but I did make enriched alloy (Cu or Sn dust above & below iron ingot, then smelt), steel (there's a weird recipe of adding iron + compressed carbon in an Metallurgic Infuser, but luckily the simple recipe of 4 coal around an iron bar for steel dust still worked), solar panels, solar generator, wire (not as expensive as I remembered - 6 wool and 3 Cu gives 6 wire so I made 36), then a crusher and an enrichment chamber.  I studied the recipes and there ARE a few cases where the Mekanism machines give better output than Thermal Expansion or Forestry processes.

These ores seem to have a path to tripling the yield:
Cu, Os, Fe, Au, Sn, Ag
each can be processed:
[PURIFICATION CHAMBER] X + Flint = 3 metal clumps
[CRUSHER] metal clump -> dirty metal dust
[ENRICHMENT CHAMBER] dirty metal dust -> metal dust

The Crusher Biofuel recipes are particularly good:
vanilla Saplings|seeds|sugarcane -> 2 Biofuel
Carrots|wheat|bread|apple|potato|shrub -> 4 Biofuel
in the BioGenerator, each unit of Biofuel generates 5.6 kJ, internal storage for 240 units of fuel, 160 kJ of power.  I guess the deciding factor is how UE power (kJ) measures up to Buildcraft power (MJ) in terms of actual work done.

The Enrichment Chamber does some odd things:
4 logs -> wood chips (3 wood chips -> paper) (huge loss)
(ores) -> 2 dusts
(ingots) -> dust
redstone ore -> 8 RS (same as Pulverizer)
lapis ore -> 12 lapis (Pulverizer gives 8)
glass -> sand
D: -> D
diamond|coal ore -> 2 diamond|coal (same as Pulverizer)
coal|charcoal -> compressed carbon
glowstone -> 4 GD (same as Pulverizer)
bone -> 6 bonemeal (same as Pulverizer)
stone bricks -> other stone brick types

Here's a VERY cool crossover.  The Mekanism mod Energy Cubes can take IC2 power (EU), Buildcraft power (MJ) or Universal Electricity power (kJ).  And when you break them they keep whatever power is stored.  I tested it out, dropped it next to my power grid, it filled up with 2 MJ of power (that's 2,000 kJ, not 2 Buildcraft MJ!!) and I brought it to my UE work area, dropped it and it powered my machines just fine, all stored power was still there.  I don't know what the conversion rate from Buildcraft MJ to UE kJ (and MJ) is.

Went down to bottom of world with mining turtle, in 6 minutes with turtle and silk touch pick, came home with ores (9 Al, 14 Ag, 10 Au, 69 coal, 3 diamond, 35 Fe, 3 lapis, 5 Os, 1 Pb, 12 redstone, 34 Sn) and other stuff (56 weak magic essence, 36 ender dust, 3 quartz, 2 quartz dust, 6 lapis).

Tired of running around so much, I finally put mailboxes (chests) in front of every major building.  So I can just drop the matching items outside, and every now and then bring em inside.  No more going up to the second floor of building X for 2 items ... etc.  I made a Wind Turbine (Mekanism mod) and wow, it's really nicely modeled, 5 blocks tall, r-click the bottom block for interface, or hook wires to the base.  I made a 2nd energy cube and hooked it up, so I have a pretty high-tech looking windmill atop a nearby hill getting me free energy.  With two torches on the base at night it looks really nice.  And works as advertised.

Remembered I had 6 soul sand that I found in that iron-cage graveyard way back on like day 6.  So I planted my 5 measly nether wart (won by fighting the blazes on their sky temple) and now have a supply of those, so I made my first batch of potions.  Added 2 more bookshelves to my enchanting table library, max level now 24.  My level is also 24, so maybe it's maxxing out at my level, but could actually go higher?  Also made a minium stone and showed that the calcinator and alchemical chest are there in NEI but with no recipes, hopefully EE2 will update soon!

Time for a crop smash: magical seeds (25 glowstone, 18 coal, 16 obsidian), essences (18 glowstone, 12 coal, 9 obsidian, 6 nature, 3 weak magic), seeds (6 tomato, 10 gysahl, 10 melon, 3 grape, 6 chili pepper, 12 cucumber, 13 barley) and crops (5 tomato, 10 gysahl, 5 melon, 2 grape, 4 chili pepper, 7 cucumber, 9 barley, 10 cotton).  Total seed cache is 10 gysahl, 6 chili, 43 coal, 19 cucumber, 10 dye, 28 glowstone, 3 grape, 10 melon, 16 obsidian, 11 raspberry, 41 strawberry, 28 sweetcorn, 6 tomato, 29 blackberry, 13 barley, 7 cotton.  Oddly no wheat seeds though I had a crop not long ago, maybe I put them in squeezer for seed oil?  Anyway my goal here is to produce mostly magical crops, but amplify the crops I have the fewest seeds for.  So, planting the 3 grape, 6 tomato, 6 chili, 10 melon, 16 obsidian, 20 coal, 10 gysahl, 13 barley.  Of course I can convert gysahl crops into seeds when needed.  I have made a few batche of gysahl pickles, just for variety.

Total cache of essences: 21 nature, 22 coal, 7 hostile mob, 15 obsidian, 34 glowstone, 16 dye; 9 weak, 14 regular, 1 strong.  I have never seen passive Mob Essence, have no idea who you have to whack to get it.  I have killed samples of all animals, except a bat.  Would be funny if that was the ONE creature I should have been checking.  Anyway, pull 12 regular & 3 weak for a total of 4 strong, and (finally) make 4 blaze seeds!  Whack 4 cotton plants to make room, plant em.

Done for now.

Comments

Popular Posts