12/7 Hexxit - how many suits of armor?

12/7

A few nights of adventures.  When I see Rutt is online, I hop on and we go off to raid castles and pirate ships.  One night he was stuck in an unloadable area where he said there were a lot of blue slimes.  Sure enough the server logs were about 100 megs of "Wrong location!  Blue slime etc etc."  (Also thousands of errors about dropped slime balls.)  So he texted me, I shut down the server and deleted that far-from-home chunk file.  The chunk regenerated with no slime disaster and he was able to keep playing.

Last night I went on "slime island patrol" -- I now consider any ruptured slime island as a serious threat to the server, and I'm ready to elevator up, catch the whole damn things in an editable capsule station and throw out the capsule if I have to.  (Or just repair the bottom of the slime lake.)  It's such a cascading mess when those islands send down the waterfall of slime-generating water.

Server has been happy since then.  Log file was only 11k after 2 days.  Anyway, I can now convert the coordinates of these logged errors to a chunk file name and either whack the file or replace it from backup.  Or possibly run over there with hol hand grenades and magnet mode to sweep up the drops that are wrecking the place.

BUT, most of my output is in the videos now.  I just finished uploading Hexxit episodes through #70 (Pirate ship raid part 1).  I made a YouTube playlist for each of my Minecraft series and boy the hits picked up right after that.  I'm getting about 1700 views a week now, average view length is only 2:15 but that's not bad in our attention-starved web.  I'm a bit conflicted because I'm doing "Let's Play" series instead of tutorials.  I like both, but decided the day-to-day adventures were the way to go.  But of course good tutorials and mod spotlights and block spotlights get much better traffic.  But of course almost every vaguely popular mod has been done to death.  I personally like the way the mods interact, more than the grind of learning every little gadget.  But boy I think you'll see that my videos are full of demos and lessons and knowledge ... and of course, bad puns, smartass comments and improv comedy bits.  That's my schtick.

I have edited episodes through #97.  Hard to believe there could be that much to do in any game world, but yeah, there really is.  Episodes #98-101 will be the epic Slime-a-geddon series: a world crashing battle against truly unsolvable odds.  I know those actually happened on 11/14, and unless I spend more time editing videos than actually playing, I'll never catch up.  I'd actually rather be playing.  But I keep recording the sessions for some reason.

I'm trying to get more guys on the server, but everyone is so busy.  Iceman is off at sea for weeks at a time, dasPenguin has a new baby boy to focus on, and Fermius is in other games and working too many hours.  And unless I meet someone first, I'm not going to trust them to share a world.  Heck, we may end up with kids below age 10 playing before we get any more grownups involved.

--- later ---

Good night tonight.  Iceman showed up for a while, we gave a super quick tour and he will probably setup his base in the Cathedral.  It has a main keep, barracks upstairs and that little village, and of course the scenic moat.

The RUtt and I went out to Nowhere and tackled all the big jobs: we cleared the goblin fort a few nights ago.  This time we sacked the battle tower -- it had no chests, and torches, but all spawners intact.  I smacked the golem off the top and managed to shoot his tiny silver pixels from the roof with my legia bow.  He died, and we ran as the building crumbled.  Always fun.  We also cleared the big gloomy gray windowless keep.  Goblins again, which I keep calling monkeys because of the sounds they make.  Then we went up to the Sky Bowl of Doom #2.  Guess what?  More darn goblins!  My first sky bowl was a 90-minute battle, we cleared this one in 11 minutes, though there were three flaming goblins marked as Goblin Boss with 50hp each.  Really no challenge.

We went home for a drop though I got waylaid by a thunder skeleton.  I stopped to repair my latest building, only to release silverfish, including a 24hp Vengeance silverfish that gave me a brand new diamond great sword.

Shuffled stuff into chests then went out to sack that sea dungeon.  Easy pickins.  I found another sunken ship on the map, about 40 blocks east of the first one.  Looking at the map closely, all kinds of patterns seem to be there under the blue.

Then we started talking about exactly how many different sets of armor there are (as I was filling armor stands trying to find matching sets).  I'll list the ones I know here (and in NEI I counted about 18 helmets), and their armor values from the hexxit wiki.  Ones with stars I've already got a complete set setup, and most of the display ones are enchanted.  Though damaged armor can be used for display and looks just as shiny after I wear it out.  Anyway ... in parentheses are the buffs for the full set of armor, or listed by piece from head to toe.

Vanilla
* leather     7 pts [can be dyed]
* gold        11 pts
* chain        12 pts
* iron        15 pts
* diamond    20 pts

Better Dungeons
Turtle Scale    15 pts (heal every 5 seconds)

Chococraft
- Chocodisguise    ??    (made of chocobo feathers)

Falling Meteors
* frezarite    11 pts (Respiration III, Aqua Affinity I, Fire Protection III, Cold Touch I)
* kreknorite    ?? pts
* meteorite    ?? pts (Magnetization I)

HarkenScythe
- Biomass    ?? pts (repairs as you collect blood)
- Bloodweave    7 pts [can be dyed] (drink blood for Speed 0:30 and Strength IV 0:30)
- Livingmetal    ?? pts (repairs as you collect souls)
- Soulweave    7 pts (no negative effect from drinking souls)

Hexxit Gear
* Scale Armor    20 pts (Strength, Night Vision, Fire Resistance II)
* Thief Armor    20 pts (Strength, Night Vision, Speed III)
* Tribal Armor    20 pts (Strength, Night Vision, Jump Boost III)

Natura
Impskin        ?? pts (Fire Prot I/Prot I, Blast Prot I/FireProt I, Proj Prot I/Fire Prot I, Feather Fall I/Fire Prot I)

Project Zulu
- scale            7 pts (scales dropped by armadillo, alligator, lizard, elephant)
- gold-plated scale    11 pts?
- iron-plated scale    15 pts?
- diamond-plated scale    20 pts?

Twilight Forest
Fiery        ?? pts (Fire Aspect II) (made from Fiery Ingots = Fiery blood + iron)
Ironwood    ?? pts (Aqua Affinity I, Protection I, Protection I, Feather Falling I)
Naga Scale    ?? pts (tunic, leggings only) (Fire Prot III, Prot III)
Steeleaf    ?? pts (128 uses) (Projectile Prot II, Blast Prot II, Fire Prot II, Feather Falling II)

Other Mods
Cactus cloth    9 pts    (cactus)
Cloth        7 pts    (white wool, other dyed wools)
Fur        7 pts    (fur pelts)

Here's a page with Hexxit weapon stats, but no info on armor as their name promised.

Comments

Popular Posts