11/30 BigDig strategizing

Yuck, feeling crummy today.  Was up most of the night with a toothache and a brain that would not stop chattering.  Anyway, I edited Big Dig episode 1-5, and then went on a few new adventures.  I was hoping to get some industry up and running quickly, being BIG DIG with EXTRA ORES and all.  But it has actually been slow going.  No IndustrialCraft, so I built a few Thermal Expansion machines (even donated $5 to the modder), managed to get my Tinker's Construct smeltery up and running and process the first batch of ores.  But the Universal Electricity (UE) still just baffles me.  I made a few EnrichedAlloy and 4 EnergyTablets, so that's a start.

Did a huge land grab, fenced off most of the land right up to the tundra line, ran roads and framed out the corners of where buildings could go.  Got two new buildings up.  One was going to be the bakery but I think it will be a rocke launchpad someday.  The other is a big 11x12 two story building which I will probably make my building materials depot with a sawmill at bottom, basement full of chests, etc. 

Expanded my farm.  Filled in the near half of the pond out front and put small sugar cane farm and pumpkin plot there.  I now have I think five 5x5 farm plots slowly proliferating the 9 new normal crops from MagicalCrops mod.  I set up an automat to crunch 9 WeakMagicEssence into a RegularMagicEssence ... eventually I will have enough to try some weird ore crops or soul crops, but again that's a very slow thing to get started with, needing thousands of WeakMagicEssence to get a few arcane crops started.

Also went with my mining turtle and dug out about 400 blocks of tunnels, from a town road through the mountains to the next valley over, and then a tunnel way north into the desert where it comes out not far from a small desert building that had two spawners in it that I defeated earlier in the day.

Pretty good day.  Though I bet I now have a backlog of 20 hours of videos.  I don't know if they're all watchable; I should hack out and speed up more of this stuff, because BIG DIG has so far been "slow slogging through recipes and crops just trying to get something going."

Comments

Popular Posts