12/13 BigDig assembly table & cow seeds

I added a 3rd floor to my industrial building, so I can put lasers and assembly table above my power station (DONE).  4 lasers up & running, (13:20) already have 10 RS chipsets, 1 iron chipset.  13:38 (let it run while I had lunch): 8 RS chipsets, 3 iron chipsets, 4 pulsating chipsets, 2 gates.  13:47 (took a break): 8 RS chipsets, 2 iron chipsets, 4 pulsating chipsets, 2 gates, 2 autarchic gates (these are the only real reason I make this stuff).  13:56 (did some cooking in food court): 7 RS chips, 4 iron chips, 6 pulsating chips, 3 gates, 2 autarchic gates.  It's slow, but if I'm occupied doing other things, it does end up being productive.  I just hope it all powers down peacefully when not at work on something.

My Osmium supply seems good for now: tripling the ores sure makes a heap!  64+51 clumps, 3x64+27 dust, 96 ingots!  My energy cube was down to only 339 kJ, so I threw the last 32 biofuel in the generator.  I should make another Crusher dedicated to making biofuel, looks like Buildcraft pipes WILL work with these machines; let me run the solar panel on the other side to power the new crusher.

Made 4 machine frames, what I thought was the crusher recipe was for a magma crucible, whatever, make it while I've got it on the table.  UE Lab: made 32 Enriched Iron, test the Infuser ... one compressed carbon will infuse 10 enriched iron into steel dust (not "it requires 10 infuse to produce one steel dust" as the Voltz wiki tried to explain).  Energy cube down to 84 kJ. 

Maybe I should swap it with the one up by the wind turbine.  Yeah, at 50 kJ, swapped it, it immediately hit 247 kJ as soon as I hooked it up to turbine, I guess that was the turbine's internal power storage?  Fresh 2,000 kJ back at my lab.  Made 10 control circuits, 2 steel casings.  Infused 16 obsidian, made 24 obsidian ingots.  Made 4 speed upgrades, so Purification Chamber is now x3, Crusher x6, Enrichment chamber x3.

14:22, lasers have shut down but are still getting zaps of power?  7 RS chips, 1 iron chip, 13 pulsating chips, 5 autarchic gates.  Not sure why those have to be so darn expensive to make.  Grabbed one gate ... hookup crusher #2 to solar panel, tried pumping biofuel into biogenerator; pumps out of crusher fine, but won't pump into the biogenerator on top, left OR bottom. 

So, I have to shovel it in by hand.  Anyway, at least I now have biofuel being produced during daylight hours, as long as I keep dropping plant matter in there, and sugar cane is my choice, since I have the farm for it and no real pressing need other than novelty baking items.

The stuttering lag is back.  Maybe it happens after an hour of gametime no matter what I do.  It requires a full java shutdown, logging out and back in won't make it stop.  Oh well, I have to get out & do some food shopping anyway.  My root beer index is getting low.  And not much solid food either, though I do have a crockpot of cabbage/veggie soup cooking.  Will be nice to get away from the smell of the onions for a bit.  And there's hardly any actual daylight this time of year (considering my problems sleeping).

-- midnight run ---

Figuring out some performance specs, game starts off with 888MB memory, 18% CPU.  Load the world: 1260 MB memory, 26% CPU. 

Watch my last redstone run in Assembly Table: 1477 MB, 43.4% CPU.  Not bad really.  14 RS chips, 5 iron chips, 13 pulsating chips, 5 autarchic gates.  I guess the lasers will keep drawing power, so I broke one golden pipe -- will put it back when I need the lasers running again.  Too bad the switch conductive pipe failed, that would have been the perfect solution, but upon switching it back on, no power flows through it.

Start farmbot.  1530 MB, 42.6% CPU.  Just a general increase of memory usage as game progresses, no surprise there.  Farm 5 plots with turtle (I tweaked my farm5 program so it doesn't drop its seeds in chest): 1741 MB, 38.2% CPU.

Check my cache below farm ... Essences chest: 24 glowstone, 26 blaze, 1 dye, 64+28 obsidian, 1 coal, 1 nature.  Normal MagicalCrops chest: 28 tomato, 30 chili, 24 melon, 19 blackberry, 8 grapes, 7 cucumber, 18 sweetcorn, 64+42 strawberry, 4 raspberry (I'm not actively farming these, overstocked on food and they don't have any fun recipes).  Normal crops chest: 52 wheat, 38 carrots, 30 gysahl, 6 loverly gysahl, 168 barley, 74 cotton.  Magical MagicalCrops seeds chest: 87 coal, 123 glowstone, 42 obsidian, 23 blaze.    Normal MagicalCrops seeds chest: 25 chili, 19 cucumber, 14 raspberry, 64+29 strawberry, 30 sweetcorn, 20 tomato, 16 blackberry.  Normal seeds chest: 26 wheat, 37 barley.  I'd say I'm overstocked on all those.

Went on a dig, primary goal was Essence Ore.  Came back with ores: 94 Fe, 33 Sn, 62 coal, 28 Ag, 2 Pb, 14 Os, 5 Ferrous, 45 RS, 4 lapis, 13 Al, 20 Au, 44 Cu, 11 diamond, 13 quartz, 12 essence, 23 ender, 1 U, 1 emerald, 1 apatite.  A few stutter lag spikes, jumps to 71% CPU for a second.  Anyway, a failure for essence, and I think I'm done mining coal and iron for now, unless it's in my way.  Silk touch pick down to 60%, spend 5 levels to repair it; 18 levels left.

I looked all over in caves in the mountains for essence ore, found NONE.  Lots of ender ore at those altitudes though.  Then I ran down into that chasm (video), grabbed all the essence ore that was showing, then tunnelled down.  It seems most abundant around level 25.

Fortune III pick time: 66 essence ore -> 300 weak essence!  24 ender ore -> 97 dust (and I have 68 more ore in the chest), made 24 pearls.  After an hour of playing, 2,520 MB memory, 34.6% CPU with spikes of 66-50%.  Unrelated to any obvious game activity.  Odd behavior.

FInally got my 4th extreme magic essence, got my 4 cow soul seeds, planted them.  I have no idea what they will produce, since I see no corresponding essence, so they won't be behaving like any of the crops from that mod that I've already tried out.

Logout of my world.  Still 2.6 GB of memory but only 9% CPU.  Come on, free up that memory.  No?  5 minutes later, no.  Close javaw, reload from technic launcher.  A few more quick experiments before bed ...

Metallurgic Infuser:
1 Sn dust infuses 5 Cu ingots to Bronze ingots.  Yes it takes Pulverized Tin.
2 Biofuel infuses 1 cobble to mossy cobble.

Pulverized 56 ferrous ore, get 3 bonus shiny metal dust, tho shiny metal (a.k.a. platinum) appears to have no actual use in this modpack.  Pulv 32 lead (1 bonus Ag), 32 silver (3 bonus Pb).  Just trying to get 2 stacks of each dust for inventory. 

Made 16 hardened glass, now have 48.  Pulv Sulfur ore to 6 dust.  Pulv 32 quartz ore.  Pulv 64 Sn get 7 bonus Fe.  Purify 21 copper -> 42 clumps.  Smelt 32 quartz dust to Silicon.  Just waiting for my cow plants to be done -- first one is full grown and OMG it has brown & white spots ... no, that's a cow face!  How funny.  I made a diamond hoe, but I guess those can't be enchanted??  I really wanted Fortune III before I hit the cow plants.  I harvested around them by hand -- looks like you only get the Nature Essence drops (and an occasional WeakMagicEssence) if a human does the harvest.  That alone might make me scrap the farmbot for the magical crops.  Farmbot can do normal crops, fine.  Though I think I get some experience if I do it by hand -- nope.  It's still nice to drop it in the chest and have it all sorted down below.  Though I really should process the essences into products.  I have enough to make about 2 stacks of obsidian (ha, don't need to build an Igneous Extruder anymore).

Still waiting.  Has been about 30 minutes of game time, and only 1 of 4 cow plants are ready.  Okay, harvest 10 obsidian plants by hand, get 10 obsidian essence, 4 nature essence, 1 weak magic essence, 17 seeds.  Wow.  Farmbot doesn't get nearly as much.

Wow, over an hour now, 3 of 4 plants ready.  Anyway, I repaired and enchanted the rest of my armor: Chestplate (Projectile Protection IV), Leggings (Fire Protection III), Shoes (Feather Falling III) for 22 levels, 2 levels left.  Feeling pretty secure, after all there are no infernal mobs in this world!  I'm the closest thing to an infernal mob you'll see.

Make some armor stands.  There are 15 suits of armor to collect in this modpack, at least there are that many helmets.  Chain, iron, gold, diamond, chocodisguise, power armor, invar, heavy duty (also made of invar, probably a recipe conflict here), infused diamond, bronze, glowstone, lapis, obsidian, osmium, steel.  Made 6 stands to get started, put my old scraps of armor on them.  More later.

Cow seeds done, took about 70 minutes.  4 cow plants drop ... 4 raw beef, 4 leather and 5 seeds.  So, directly to the animal products, no essence with fun recipes (would have been more fun that way), no bonus essences either, but one extra seed, so I can slowly expand the plot.  Was hoping for something more, but I guess they win with the cuteness factor.

Comments

Popular Posts