12/11-12 BigDig configs, MagicalCrops recipes & lag

12/11

I checked the NetherOres config file, and "anger the pigmen" is set to FALSE by default.  That's good.  TO make it a bit more of a challenge, I upped the ore explosion % a bit.  Not that I need more ores!  I looked all over for info on how to convert UE power to MJ without PowerConverters in the modpack ... there's a UniversalCable (Os RS Os = 8 of them) which claims to output UE/EU/MJ power.  If that works I may skip redstone energy cells ... though, on yeah, I already started the process to make those things.  Also went to Mekanism.cfg and set EnableSounds=false.  Too loud, and excess sounds probably add to lag as well.  Comically, I got some Nether Nikolite, though RedPower is not installed, making it totally useless, but a pretty good decoration block.

As predicted, my power station / materials storage and my Mekanism lab merged into one big building.  I find that I like building workspaces that are about 9x9 or 11x11 because if you stand in the middle you can reach all the chests and all the machines.

Some guys showed up on the HExxit server, I should head over there and be a good host...

###

12/12

I found some odd things while reading the UsefulFoods.cfg file.  The config file mentions toast, bananas, oranges, peaches, pears, and blueberry and strawberry bushes (aside from the ones added by Natura), plus berry smoothies but they're not in NEI.
And one more recipes: Tentacle + Lilypad = Squid sushi.

Mekanism also has an Electric Chest (probably lockable and ownable), and Robits which one wiki described as "fairly useless helper bots".

From MagicalCrops:
4 D + 4 StrongME around enderPeral = FallDamageStone (Hold for no fall damage)
4 D + 4 StrongME around carrot = InvisbilityStone (Hold to become Invisible)
4 D + 4 StrongME around sugar = JumpStone (Hold for a high jump)
4 Paper + 4 StrongME around apple = Scroll of Life ("How to save a life")
4 D + 4 ObsidianEssence around SkeletonSkull = ObsidianSkull (Hold for Fire Resistance, rclick to extinguish)

4 EmeraldEssence (block) = 4 EmeraldEssenceBlocks
8 EmeraldEssence (empty middle) = 1 Emerald
EmEss GApple EmEss / GApple D9 GApple / EmEss GApple EmEss = HealingBlock
EmEss St EmEss / St Fe9 St / EmEss St EmEss = StonePoisonBlock
    Dirt, Wood, Sand, Cobble, Gravel, Grass instead of stone = other Poison Blocks

4 EnderEssence (corners) = 2 EnderPearl
4 EnderEssence (diamond) = 8 EndStone
9 EnderEssence = EndPortalFrame

5 NetherEssence (plus-shape) = 8 NetherQuartz
5 NetherEssence (x-shape) = 12 netherWart
4 NetherEssence  = 16 NetherBrick
3 NetherEssence (across) = 8 SoulSand
2 NetherEssence = 16 Netherrack

4 RedstoneEssence (block) = 4 RedstoneEssenceBlocks
8 RedstoneEssence (empty middle) = 24 Redstone
    - for diamond essence, 8 Essence makes 1 diamond
    - for EXP essence, 8 Essence makes 1 diamond
    - for glowstone essence, 8 makes 1 experience stone
    - for gold essence, 8 makes 5 gold ORE
    - for iron essence, 8 makes 8 iron ORE
    - for lapis essence, 8 makes 12 lapis
    - copper & tin essence: nothing comes up in NEI

8 bonemeal around diamond = 8 magicFertilizer

The modpack has some high-tech stuff which I thought was NOT Mekanism: Particle Accelerator, Chemical Extractor, Centrifuge, Atomic Assembler, Control Rod, Electromagnet, Fission Reactor, Fusion Reactor, Fulmination Generator, Steam Funnel, Instant Builder, Nuclear Boiler, Plasma, Siren, Thermometer, Reactor Turbine ... these are in the AtomicScience mod.

Other oddity:

- Gl - / Fe Wd Fe / Wd Chest Wd = ProjectBenchUpgrade
- Gl - / Fe Crft Fe / Wd Chest Wd = ProjectBench

Ugh.  Something is giving me nasty lag spikes.  Every 3 seconds or so I'm stuck for 3/4 of a second.  I replaced all those logistics pipes with a simple diamond pipe sorting scheme.  Seemed to help.  Leaving town and running in the wilderness was pretty darn fast, back in town it lags again.  I found the unconnected Logistics Power Connector, popped that out.  Seemed to help, then lags again.  On the F3 screen, the numbers all stop when the lag happens, so it looks like something beyond Minecraft.  Darn computer did a Windows update and Java update, so it's probably something annoying on that side of the tracks.

Broke the smeltery controller, put it in chest; stashed that unconnected ME Controller.

Okay, Hexxit world is not lagging, must be something I did in Big Dig.

Argh.

Okay, logged back in with and it seems fine.  I'm getting 50-70 fps with no stuttering.  Maybe Windows or AVG was running an update earlier?  Anyway, I added an "Ore Overflow" chute, obsidian pipe down to an iron chest below, at the end of the Tinker's Construct tables I probably won't be using.  With diamonds and enchanting so cheap, who needs auto-repair tools?  And Silk Touch only costs about 10 levels to get.  So, skip TConstruct in this modpack.

Another deep mining run, tunnelled for a while around depth 10, inside a red box on the minimap that I assume is supposed to be a slime spawn area.  Not a trace of slimes, not a single squishy sound down there.  BUT what a hoard: ores: 27 ferrous, 47 Cu, 39+64 Fe, 64+10 coal, 9 emerald, 43 Sn, 42 Os, 6 Al, 24 Pb, 21 Ag, 20 diamond (!), 55 Au, 5 RS, 6 apatite, 36 essence (!), 12 ender.  New plan is to keep 3 stacks of each metal ore up top (6 iron), 3 stacks of RS ore, 4 stacks of coal ore, send the rest below, send Osmium to UE lab.  So most of this batch went into storage.

Pulv. 46 Fe ore, got 9 bonus ferrous dust, out of power.  Throw 32 biomass cans in, run 64 more sugar cane.  Will need more blue fertilizer soon.  UE side, energy cube down to 1.06 MJ ... throw in 31 biofuel; 63 osmium dust done, 63 dirty osmium dust to move over, 33 osmium ingots cooked; throw 38 Os ore into Purifier.  Fall thru hole in floor.

In magic lab, get my Fortune II diamond pick, lay out 12 ender ore, see what we get ... smash ... 45 ender dust, and I went from level 23 to 25.  Now, the big one: 38 essence ore ... smash ... 128+45 essence, level 28.  Repair fortune II pick for 1 level, add Efficiency III for 7 levels; yeah it was taking too long.  Repair my Silk Touch pick that was at about 30% for just 2 levels, put Efficiency IV on that for 12 levels, 6 levels left.  Now those are some killer mining tools.  Run all the essence, now have 31 Regular magic essence, use 17 of those to get 1 ExtremeMagicEssence -- need 3 more of those to finally see what the heck Cow Soul Seeds do!  That's a long haul.  37 WeakEssence per StrongEssence, something like 156 for each Extreme.  Grr, more mining!  And I can't blindly let a mining turtle get this stuff for me.  Forgot one item ... level 6.3, smash 20 diamond ore ... 42 diamonds, now level 12.3.  Wow.

00:43 - aww heck i'l take turtle with me, pick a random spot in a tunnel, dig down.  01:04 - well we hit a tunnel right away so I had to bust the turtle BUT a few minutes later I found a zombie dungeon and sent Little Joe in to bust the spawner for me.  I always wanted to do that!  More mobs sounds below that, I tunnelled down and found another horde - zombies, creepers, spiders.  Dropped gravel down on their square little heads and got back to mining.  Anyway, another pack full: ores: 8 essence, 29 ender, 7 apatite, 4 ender, 64+64+52 Fe (storage), 10 lapis, 22 RS, 12 Pb, 21 Quartz, 43 coal, 60 Cu, 33 Au, 2 diamond, 4 Ag, 3 ferrous, 28 Os, 29 Sn.

Start farmbot, bring up a selection of seeds I want it to plant.  Getting a bit stuttery again.  Hmm.  When I ran around checking lag earlier I came back and the bot was stuck in the middle of the farm plot.  Maybe it's the bot that's causing the stutter?  It doesn't have much code, don't know why it would be a problem.  Oh well, time to clear the zombies down below and get to bed.

Cleared, mined.  Another outrageous hoard.  Tomorrow I will actually make stuff, yay.  Maybe I'll redo my first shack in pure iron blocks!  Back up top.  45 essence ore smash -> 3x64+12=208 Weak Essence!  So I got my 2nd ExtremeEssence with 26 RegularEssence left.  8 diamond ore smash -> 15 diamonds, one less than I would have gotten in Pulverizer, oh well.  22 quartz ore, I wonder if Fortune works on those ... smash ... 49 quartz & 32 quartz dust ... yowza, pulverizer would have given 20 & 20.  No xp for quartz, but I'm back up to level 27 just like that.  But Silk Touch pick at 25%, 7 levels to repair.  Still wayyy ahead.  And I never really did put gobs of bookshelves arounf this crafting table, it still gives a max enchant level 24.

Very stuttery after running farmbot, even though it's now sitting there doing nothing.  Logged out, logged back in, still stuttery.  Ran farmbot agin, way worse.  86% memory used and I can't even put stuff in machines.  Done for night.  Will try a session tomorrow with no farmbot, but if TConstruct AND ComputerCRaft are glitching, this isn't much of a high-tech modpack.  I ran farmbot plenty of times in the past few days with no such problem, but that could very well be a java update issue.  No bots or Lua in Hexxit.

Comments

Popular Posts