12/10 Big Dig gadgets & food court

A good 2 hours of mostly building.  In the UE lab, I added a Bio-Generator, a Metallurgic Infuser, Purification Chamber and Energized Smelter.  Yes, you can triple your ores as I described 2 posts ago, put most ores into Purification Chamber, then the 3 clumps into the Crusher, then the dirty dust into the Enrichment Chamber, then smelt it.  I did this at night to check the drain on my energy cube, it used 600 kJ to process 10 ore all the way through (final smelt done in vanilla furnace). 

What's nice is that the machines all take up to 9 speed upgrades, and with 6 upgrades the crushers runs about one unit per second.  So these machines seem faster than the Thermal Expansion ones ... but they're not really equivalent, they only overlap on about half their recipes.

A note about the metallurgic infuser: the NEI recipe suggests that one diamond dust and one obsidian dust will give one refined obsidian dust, but that's not what happens; instead, the diamond dust melts and is stored in a little meter on the left, and one diamond dust can infuse 8 obsidian.  Oh, I also made an osmium compressor to show that osmium bar plus refined obsidian dust will make obsidian ingots.  Fairly expensive stuff.

So I have a pretty complete set of Mekanism machines here.  The bio-generator output can keep up with about 2-3 machines running at a time.  And the Biofuel still seems absurdly cheap, especially getting 4 biofuel from wheat, bread (which comes 1-for-1 from barley), carrots and potatos.

I got my farmbot working better.  I had to move that last 5x5 plot over one because there was an extra row of walkway between.  And I need to tinker with my "farm5" program a little: if it bumps into me while trying to reverse to start a new row, it ends up off by one which means it will smash its drop chest and throw its inventory on the ground (instead of putting it in the drop chest), which looks to me like it's having a temper tantrum.

I have so much obsidian I finally went ahead an made a Nether portal.  Where?  In that caged-in graveyard.  Great spot.  If anything comes through, it'll be in that cage.  Anyway, the portal on the Nether side was at the end of a huge drop, but otherwise it was the least eventful first Nether trip I've ever had.  I found some nether quartz (object #1, so I can start on Applied Energistics) and a stack of netherrack (objective #2, to make nether brick to make magma crucibles), and came home. 

Looks like NetherOres mod is installed, which means if I accidentally hit the wrong blocks the pigmen will kick my ass.  I should probably turn that aggro response OFF in the config.  I don't even NEED any of those ores, but it would suck to hit one by mistake and have to put up with that crap.  There are much better new mobs in the Netherm don't need that behavior from the piggies.

Came back, made 2 magma crucibles, hooked them up in the power station, one for redstone, one for molten ender.  Each eneeds a liquid transposer hooked up to it (in this case above them) so the liquids can be put in containers.  I can now make redstone energy cells and tesseracts!

I also added an automat to the Food Court, so I can at least crank out one recipe at a time.  I dug two basements below, the bottom one hooks up to my main tunnel.  I'd like to maybe have a dozen recipes hooked up down there with logistics pipes, so I can request some fun items, and when I get bored with those, change them menu.  But it's an expensive build just for gag items, when it comes right down to it.  Earlier I put in a furnace with a hopper on top and pipes beneath, so I can dump all kinds of stuff in there and it gets queued up and cooked and put in a chest for me ... tentacles, eggs, flour, fish, meats.  A simple little production line.

Comments

Popular Posts