12/14 BigDig bushy stuff

12/14

Okay, so I still wander from present tense to past tense in this mixed-up journal of a blog.  I'm just recording some of the things I do in the game while I'm doing them, or right after doing them.  I just cooked 32 electrum and 9 slag.  I made 4 batches of MagicalFood (8 of any normal crop from MagicalCRops mod around a Nature's Essence), 24 units, I have no idea what it does.

I'm thinking of a small plots for each of the flowers in Pam's Wee Flowers mod; I thought there were 16 but the NEI only lists 14 items in that group.  I like her recipe of flower + redstone + water bottle = 8 dye.  Each flower also has a recipe of 2 flowers = 2 flower seeds, and of course one flower = one dye.  I don't do much with dyes normally, but I'm planning ahead for my big periodic table wall of elements, and those are typically color-coded.  There are no factorization barrels in this world, so I probably have to use item frames ... but I think item frames keep items in some state of semi-activity and the radioactive elements may decay while up on the wall.   Neat problem.

Just refreshed my memory on the recipes for energy cell frames and tesseract frames.  Each is 4 hardened glass around a diamond, tesseract frame has 4 tin in corners, energy cell frame has 4 electrum in corners, so it's actually the more expensive item to make.  Odd.  I have 48 hardened glass and stacks of diamonds.  Should I make 3 of each?

Yes, so I made 3 energy cell frames, 3 tesseract frames, filled them, converted to 3 redstone energy cells and 3 item tesseracts.  Such a long process.  And the tesseracts really only make sense in pairs.  Anyway, let's number the places I might want to send materials:
1. Ore processing
2. magical lab
3. food court
4. garden shed (flowers, shrubs, trees)
5. seeds/crops
6. power station
7. Mekanism lab
8. construction materials / sawmill
9. Galacticraft lab (not even started yet)

I was thinking of moving the berry bushes from in front of my first house and putting one row of mailboxes there, with each mailbox on a pipe with autarchic gate to pump items to the right building (probably up from basement into a gold or bettr holding chest).  So I ultimately need 18 tesseracts?  I wonder if that will have any effecy on lag.

I did a test (video) of rockwool vs normal wool vs the obsidian hardened wool: regular wool is flammable, the other two cannot even be lit, no other difference, only the slightest difference in block breaking speed with shears or pick.  I personally like the rockwool since you can dye 8 of them iwith one unit of dye, as opposed to normal wool which takes one dye per wool, BUT it's hard to get a large amount of rockwool since it's only made in the induction smelter and only a 25% chance when smelting dusts.  Then I tested infused wood vs normal wood: again, normal wood burns, infused wood doesn't, and oddly the infused wood breaks more easily.

I thought I lost my XP seeds & essence but then I remembered to check the overflow chest in my crop sorting network.  Duh, new crops can't be added to the diamond pipe sort lists UNTIL they actually created for the first time.  I now have 4 XP essence and 5 XP seeds; 8 cow soul seeds from 2nd crop, still just 1 leather and 1 raw beef from each, not even a drop of weak essence or nature essence from those uber-expensive seeds (they took about 600 weak magic essence to make!).

Looks like the UE biogenerator can internally hold 240 biofuel.  I'm running the Purification Chamber, Crusher, Enrichment Chamber (tripling ores again) AND smelter and the biogenerator keeps up with the demand, energy cube staying at 1.99-2.0 MJ.  Reminds me, I should check out the universal cable sometime (just Os RS Os for 8 cable, oops I made 128 of them) (oddly they came out as 72 #1514:1 and 56 #1514:2 Mechanical Pipe ... huh?), see if it can really output Buildcraft power.  Would be funny if I could recharge a redstone energy cell up at the wind turbine, huh.  Okay, the Universal Cable tooltip says "can transfer EU, MJ or Joules", the Mechanical Pipe tooltip says "can transfer liquid mB".  But how did I get two different items from one recipe.  I see what happened.  The Universal Cable is Os RS Os, I put in 14 Os in each stack, 9 RS in middle, giving me 72 Universal Cable, but the Mechanical Pipe recipe is Os - Os (blank in middle), using the rest of my Osmium for an item I don't need.  Oh well, I have about 8 stack of Osmium ore and dust!

First energy cell is up to 390 KMJ, really slow charging since I have just the 3 biogas engines producing only 15 MJ/t.  Need to rework this whole system sometime.

Okay, the Universal Cable won't connect to copper wire, but I did a somewhat scary test up by the wind turbine.  Brought my emtpy redstone energy cell, hooked it up to the energy cube using the universal cable and sure enough the energy cell started charging with MJ.  Only a slight trickle, I estimate just 5 MJ/t, but heck, leave it for an hour of farming and building and the energy cell will be full.  Actually, the energy cube also stayed full, so I can charge BOTH items, from those two different mods, right off the wind turbine.  Sweet.

My first energy cell was done charging so I put it in the MineChem lab.  Now I can at least turn the power output on/off when I need it.  MineChem seems a lot clunkier that I remembered.  If I put 40 dirt in the decomposer, I typically get just one hit of Si + O2, when there's actually a list of about 8 possible outcomes, each with a 7% chance of happening?  Quite awkward to have to record synthesis recipes in the Chemist's Journal and open to the right page and put the journal in the bottom slot of the synthesizer.  Used to just make whatever you tell it to make.  I like that the MineChem recipes are not all in NEI, so you have to discover them.  Somewhere I have a whole file of old notes of all the reactions.  I could never figure out if there were any actual useful processes this system was good for ... aside from just collecting elements.  Seems like every item decomposes into the exact same amounts needed to synthesize, so yeah you can get SiO2 from dirt and make sand, but I see no pathways with any useful gains or productivity.

About those endermen with the backpacks, looks like they were added by (of all the crazy things I'd never guess) the Better Storage mod.  There are some weird wiki notes that you can look inside their backpacks when they're not looking, and you can trick them into dropping their packs (which act as portable ender chests) by putting an ender chest in front of them.  They'll take the chest and drop the pack ... the pack is supposed to be hard to pickup, some weird trick to it, any other click will make the backpack teleport away.  I don't know if that's all a fun challenge or a sign of mental illness.

Oh, after studying recipes I found a way to make infinite blaze powder ... just a case of two mods doing things differently.  Some mod added a recipe where two blaze powder (one over the other) = 1 blaze rod.  But the pulverizer gives 4 blaze powder (and a chance of sulfur) for one blaze rod, see, so you can just keep doubling it endlessly.  I seem to recall that the minium stone used to also let you forge a blaze rod from two blaze powder but I don't think that recipe is in here anymore.

-- midnight --

After reviewing my old MineChem notes and comparing to what's in the current modpack, there ARE some interesting options:

1 Sand to 16 gravel:
Sand -> 16 SiO2 and ONE SiO2 in slot 9 = gravel.  You could then pulverize for 1 sand -> 16 flint.  (But to make flint on the syntesizer would take 16 SiO2.)

Also, glass panes <-> gravel.  Each is one SiO2.

1 Melon block to 16 melon slices:
Melon block -> Cucurbitacin C30H42O7 + Aspartic acid C4H7NO4 + 16 H2O
H2O + 100 MJ = melon slice
So, keep 34 C, 49 H, 11 O and get 16 melon slices.
Keeping in mind that diamond is 16 C64, you could get a diamond from 32 melon blocks PLUS 512 melon slices and have leftovers!  Sure would need a lot of test tubes though!

Or Cactus -> Mescaline + 20 melon slices, same logic.

Anyway, funny how it worked out: I have not yet found a normal village or dungeon where I might actually find melon seeds.  Instead, I made melon slices from leftover water in MineChem, and now have my first 6 melon sprouts planted.

From 24 obsidian plants by hand: 24 obs essence, 31 obs seeds, 5 nature essence, 4 weak magic essence.  5 grapes by hand: 5 grapes, 12 seeds, 1 weak magic.  24 obsidian plants by hand: 22 essence, 36 seeds, 7 nature's essence.  5 EXP bushes by hand: 5 essence, 8 seeds, 5 nature's essence -- use 8 EXP essence to make Experience stone, hold & rclick, I went from level 2 to level 5!  2 orange Weee flowers by hand: 4 flowers, make 2 into seeds, keep 2 for dye.  8 cow soul plants by hand: 13 seeds, 8 leather, 8 beef, and 2 weak magic.

How many items ARE in this modpack?  NEI shows 49 pages at 7x12 items per page ... last page is probably not full, but that's still over 400 items (roughly 80x50, a few are probably inactive).

Energy cell on hill only at 95kMJ, now the energy cube is flickering madly at 0-4 miJ, so I guess I was just draining the cube into the cell after all?

###

Comments

Popular Posts