12/21 BigDig now with ice cream!

12/21

Well, I've edited bigDig episodes through #40,  Wow, they seem to average about 20 minutes each now.  I'm trying to cut them down more, drop some whole raw videos where nothing of interest happens.  But it seems like every time I fade out and think nothing will happen, one minute later there's something new or noteworthy.

A few nights ago I started on my Galacticraft stuff.  After studying the mod, I figured it's best divided into three sections: the fuel systems, oxygen systems, and the ship itself.  I made all the parts for the ship, and the NASA workbench.  I made the fuel refinery and fuel loader.  Made a portable oil extractor, and with an empty liquid canister in inventory I can go slurp up 60 "units" of fuel.  Then I put the full fuel tank in the refinery, move the empty tank to the right-hand side and it converts the oil to (rocket) fuel, running on Buildcraft power.  Smooth!  I just have to figure out the crazy oxygen tech next: oxygen collector gets O2 from trees, oxygen concentrator is an intermediate part, oxygen compressor packs it into oxygen canisters (3 sizes to choose from) and the oxygen bubble generator makes the actual sphere of breathable space.  Plus the oxygen mask and other parts.  Yikes.

I also went back to "Village 1" to see if it was still there (after I wiped a bunch of old chunks when installing new mods).  Yes, it was.  And I brought back my first crop of potatos.

Last night, I went on a brain-dead tunneling run around 2am.  Went up my -300x tunnel to the 600z mark and silk-touched a tunnel through to the Big Barn (-720,560).  I'm thinking of moving ALL my Harvestcraft stuff out around the Big Barn, so it's in a different chunk from my main town.  I don't like having all my goods in one chunk file, or just putting everything in one tiny area then never having a reason to go out and explore the world.

Just now I ran down to the end of my -300x tunnel, completed it to the +0z junction, and dug my way out to my 0,0 shack.  So, my Efficiency IV (Silk Touch) pick can tunnel about 600 blocks on 50% durability; and I can run 700 blocks in 3 minutes at a cost of 1 hunger stick.  Just some odd numbers.  It costs about 6-7 levels to repair my pick after each long dig -- okay I bumped it up to Efficiency V, Unbreaking I for 5 more levels, only 3 levels left.

I found the last 2 of Pam's flowers that I needed for my dye garden, comically they were the red & yellow flowers, whose seeds you can get from the vanilla red rose and dandelion.

Wow, Harvestcraft has solved "food boredom" once and for all.  Such sensible recipes, like:
Pot + MixingBowl + bone|rawChicken|rawBeef|rawPork|rawFish = (soup) stock.
Pot + stock + X gives a few things:
X = potato + carrot + anyMushroom = vegetable soup
X = potato + carrot + rawBeef = pot roast
X = potato + salt = potato soup
X = cactus = cactus soup
X = anyHarvestCraftSeed = seed soup
X = rawChicken + carrot + pasta = chicken noodle soup
quite a few more, even
X = spider eye = Spider Eye Soup!
And Bakeware +  potato + carrot + rawChicken + dough = chicken pot pie
And of course Bakeware +  potato + salt = french fries
You can even build whole meals, like fish sticks + french fries = fish & chips (usefulFoods also has this: fish + potato = fish & chips), and DeluxeCheeseburger + fries + anyDrink = "Delighted Meal"
I wonder how many sticks of hunger those heal!

-- midnight --

Major update - I walled off a big area around my Big Barn, added two rows of five 5x5 farm plots, split the HarvestCraft into a section of normal crops (smash to harvest) and a section of regrowth crops (rclick to harvest), with signs labeling every crop in each section alphabetically.  I have at least one of each crop except barley, cauliflower, leek, oats, parsnip, rye, scallion, soybean (out of the 24 normal crops) and artichoke, brussel sprout, cabbage, cotton, okra, winter squash (out of the 17 regrowth crops).  There are also 15 bushes which I haven't set up yet.  I moved most of my HarvestCraft stuff over there so I have a chunk of the world with a different flavor (ha ha).

On the way back by tunnel, I extended the +600x tunnel all the way out to the village at +35z.  On the downside, when I try to move a HarvestCraft tree, treecapitator gives me vanilla tree stuff.  But I suppose I can graft the fruit back onto it, since there are recipes like: oak sapling + cherry = cherry sapling.  22 trees to find, and NO BEES NEEDED.

Back at town, I ran a batch of vanilla ice cream (UsefulFoods: wooden bowl + snow + sugar), but darn they don't stack.  Anyway, check some food values:
ice cream = 2 sticks of hunger
caramel ice cream (add caramel) = 3 sticks of hunger
melon ice cream (add 3 melon slices) =
Made 4 egg sandwiches, 4 mutton sandwiches.  But I'm not hungry enough to test their values.  So I tunnelled a bit.  Took +300z out to -600x.  So, my new upgraded pick can do about 700 blocks of tunnel (x2) and only lose about 20% durability now.  Sweet.

Time for some Energistics.  Make 12 Basic Processors, setup autocrafters for some of these confusing recipes: Storage segment, storage block, 4K storage cell.  Disk drive (chest, 2 MEBP, 2 glass, 4 Fe), done.  Pulv 38 redstone ore, get many stacks, put 2 upstairs for AE stuff.  Made 6 fluix dust (need to go get more nether quartz!) then 6 ME Cable (expensive stuff).  Made ME Crafting Monitor (1 MEBP, 1 ME CAble, 4 Fe, 3 glass).  I wonder if that's enough to setup the ME network?  The ME Controller takes in the power, the crafting monitor should be able to add & remove items even if I have no actual chests attached.  BUT I do need some storage units to stick in my hard drive.  Hmm.  Okay, made a 4K storage unit, will set this thing up tomorrow.  I already upgraded my ore/dust/ingot chests to gold chests, so there's room in there, but the virtual storage of AE is hard to beat.  ;-)

Oh well, I hooked it up to my spare energy cube, but the ME Controller draws no power, just says "Low power 0 units/t".  Will figure it out tomorrow.

###

Comments

Popular Posts