Quickhaven logs 5/25 to 5/26 - AESU!

5/25

Making diamond gates on my assembly table in background while printing eBay packing slips.  Made 18 electronic circuits in the xy Fabricator, ran 64 soul sand in IndCent for 40 sand, 16 saltpeter, 4 coal dust, 4 oil cans - most of that goes into my iTNT automat.   Thinking about the crazy cost of the AESU, I was picturing a few MFSUs with energy orbs in the charge slots, each of those would effectively hold 20 million EU.  I pictured building some automated power generators: biomass -> biofuel -> biogenerator -> MFSU, oil -> fuel -> diesel gen -> MFSU, etc.  Technically even plain water in the IndCent can produce H cells for power, with an aqueous accumulator here on my little seaside city that should be fairly profitable, the ugly side is trying to pump the empty cans back from the gas turbine to the centrifuge.  These could each be charging orbs, so when I need a major burst of power I can just grab those orbs and put them back when I'm done; I do a little of that now with the 8 lapotron crystals that are sitting in the chest near my main power supply.  A strange subgame, just seeing how much energy I can produce.  The one big question is where to fit it all, but someday I may need tens of millions of EU for a big end-game project.

Add a 3rd laser, the Assembly Table now shows it receives mostly 8.8-9.2 MJ/t with a few spikes up to 11, beams are in the blue to green range.  Finished 2 diamond AND gates, let's time how long it takes to make an iron chipset ...

After lunch.  Added a 4th laser and moved my 2 biogas engines (plus liquid transposer for feeding them biomass) down from the magma crucible on top of lava tank.  Assembly table is now receiving a steady, unwavering 16.17 MJ/t.  Diamond autarchic OR gate (80,000 MJ) now takes 4 minutes.  Redstone chipsets in 30 seconds.  It will cost a little lava to start this thing from a cold start, but 20,000 MJ per minute (not all draining from power net) is a huge improvement!  So this is a good setup for running big batches or the more expensive chips, or kick in the biogas engines for an extra boost for bigger projects.  Note, with electric engines off, just the two biogas engines, the assembly table is gets 8 MJ/t and I suspect that pipes won't explode if it's accidentally left running, and will automatically shut down when fuel is gone.  Interesting choices.

I should have planned my city expanding out over the water better, I hate not having basement space.  So I started blocking off the area, cobble walls all around down to the seafloor, but it gets deep pretty fast.  A long process to wall off that roughly 30x30 section down to a depth of 12 in places, and get all that water out, but I'll chip away at it.  I tested out the scuba helmet, made some compressed air cells; never knew how many cells I had left or which lack of bubbles was going to start killing me, oh well.

Late night.  11pm.  MF Unifier needs 2 pumpkins, so I ran back to my first spawn point lair to grab one of the 2 pumpkins I grew there on day one.  A little digging while waiting for morning, got ores: 27 Fe, 5 Cu, 1 U, 4 Sn, 19 coal, 1 bauxite, some xy & shards.  Ran back overland because I remember seeing someone's old building somewhere along the way.  Passed 2 beehives but had no scoop.  Collected plant specimens: 2 indigo flowers, 3 purple flowers, 1 buttercup, 4 dandelion, 1 autumn shrub, some vanilla saplings, misc wood.  planted sample flowers near my apiaries that say "no flowers", maybe there's one they will like.  Ran back with scoop and harvested those 2 hives (marshy princess & droned, marbled princess, mossy comb).  Then I found that old building, just a mine shaft entrance with a little cobble bridge, at (276,514) - there was a square room with a few double chests full of beginner stone tools and such, obviously someone's very early camp.  Steps lead down to an official abandoned mine.  I drilled a tunnel about 90 blocks to my main tunnel (ores: 1 U, 11 Sn, 6 Cu, 7 Fr, 9 coal, left a bunch behind for later trip) and from there it was a 220m dash back home.  Factor lab, grind that 15 tin = 25 gravel -> 33 chunks -> 49 crystals; take out 48 clay.

00:27 - Run out to oil well (260m west), get 42 oil cans, load more and ran up to glacier base while waiting; night was coming on so I slept in bed there, then drilled through that mountain to see what's on the other side ... an autumn forest.  Grabbed another 32 oil cans and ran home across the desert, checking to see if those canopy trees I planted out by Rutt's house sprouted, yes they did.

Spent an hour or so trying to clear out water under my city - very long, slow process, but since the town is built on a slab of cobble with sand on top, I should be able to get beneath and dump gravel down and add dirt on underside for some breathing room, but every time I miss a spot and it springs a leak it takes a while to maneuver against the current and patch it up.  Now I'm thinking I need some way to freeze a batch of water in place and then just hack away at it.  I will end up with a pretty huge chamber down there, big glass viewer windows planned.  Just need to get it walled off without drowning and get about 2,000 blocks of water out of there.  I remember on the Miranda map, when I built the pyramid underwater, Jon & I filled it with wool, then set the wool on fire to get it filled with air again.  That's probably not going to work here, many parts are too deep to access easily.

Factorization to the rescue??  Looking at the wiki, 4 Pb + 4 Au around diamond = Inverium drop -> in crystallizer with magme cream = heat hole (I've seen that recipe but had no idea what a heat hole was for), then a heat hole, 2 Fe, 2 obsidian = wand of cooling, which sounds like it will do the trick?  But it's 3am, will try it tomorrow.

###

5/26

Lazy sunday.  Made 2 Wands of Cooling in Crystallizer.  Made a huge difference in trying to clear out the water under my city.  It seems to freeze water in an irregular pattern, with a tiny sizzling sound.  It can freeze a few blocks of water up close and then a few on the other side of cobble walls -- after freezing a huge chunk beneath the town, I went up top and there were ice blocks up to 3 blocks on the other side of my retaining wall, all over the place.  When I replaced some of the gravel at the bottoms of my walls, there was ice of the far side.  So it's messy.  On the upside, the wiki mentioned "limited usage" but I've already frozen and chipped away over 8 stacks of ice blocks, and the wand is still well in the green, barely a dent on its durability bar.  I started this big dig by making a proper basement under the forestry lab, then digging out under my cobble slab that's holding up the city, then down slowly, plugging leaks with dirt as I went.  But freezing and hacking away at the ice is so much faster.  An enormous space is slowly opening up.  I finally kicked through the wall of the basement of the IC2 lab and made about a 12x12x4 new room with sandstone floors.  And that's just a little overhang surrounded by ice.  There must be space for 8 more rooms that size and a huge observation deck.  Far below the ice I can see some of the glowstone I placed when I was in suba mode, and there are squids swimming around below my feet.  Interesting view, lots of potential.

After Doctor Who night.  10:30pm.  Multifarm had 64x5+62 spruce logs, 52 fir, 64 oak, 64x2+28 birch, 15 apples, 2x64+36 sand.  I made 4 more lapotrons, then a lapotronic energy orb with 4 uncharged and 4 charges crystals ... yes the charge is retained, I got an energy orb with 4 million EU on it.  BUT it can't be charged or discharged in an MFSU!!  Argh.  Well, 7 more of those around my GregTech computer cube will be an AESU, but it should would have been nice to have some 10M orbs laying around for backup power.  23:19 - hook up mass fab on MV, use 5 U dust + 3x64 nikolite ... run 12 H cells, 63 lava, 21 creosote + solars, power still drops fast ...  36 UU Matter done (23:30), MFSU down to 4.5M from 10M though night fell while I was working on this.  Was reading about life cycle of sapphire|ore|dust while waiting.

Guess I should make a few more solar panels; made 6 RE batteries (still using the sulfuric acid & lead dust recipe for 2X), 2 machine blocks -> 2 generators -> 2 solar panels.  Should I go through the arduous process of upgrading these guys??  Sure.  Load up my Advanced Solars text file at bottom of screen.  4 UU + 2 glowstone dust -> 2 sunnarium parts.  14 UU -> 2 Ir, compress to ingots.  Out of iron, run to ore lab and pulverizer/smelt 72 more.  8 refined iron around iridium ingot = iridium Iron plate (make 2).  4 carbon plate & 4 advanced alloy around that = reinforced iridiumIron plate (make 2).  Around that, sunnarium part, 4 redstone, 2 lapis, 1 diamond = Irradiant reinforced plate (make 2).  Technobabble part done.  Was out of irradiant glass panes but that part's pretty easy, 6 reinforced glass with 2 irradiant Uranium & a glowstone dust in center, and that recipe makes 6 panes which is exactly enough to upgrade 2 solar panel to Advanced Solars.  Made one, then one advanced circuit short - can I substitute a pulsating chipset?  No.  Made 4 circuits, used one ... two Advanced Solar Panels done (23:53).  MFSU at 5.8M, tharmal gens out of lava.

I'm really tempted to bite the bullet and upgrade these to Hybrid Solar Panels.  Let's see ... 6 UU + 6 GD = Sunnarium (make 2).  For the next step I need to surround each of those with irradiant uranium (each of which is a refined uranium surrounded by 4 glowstone), so, pulv 8 U ore (got 1 free plutonium dust), compress it, add a whole stack of glowstone (which I have heaps of, thanks to those 4 altars of light), done.  2 enriched sunnarium done (00:09), compress a lapis block, get carbon plate, last ingredient is ... 2 iridium plate EACH.  Well that's going to slow this to a crawl.  Each iridium plates needs 4 iridium ingots (28 UU matter), 4 advanced alloy and one diamond dust (no problem), then 8 iTNT in implosion compressor.  Here goes ... spend 56 UU for 8 Ir, compress, put the pieces in rolling machine, grab my iTNT stash (60) from basement automat.  Guess I can only make one Hybrid Solar tonight.  2 iridium plate done (00:18).  Hybrid Solar Panel done (00:20).

Hooking up the Hybrid Solar, need to be careful since it puts out MV and will blow up the batbox if the wires touch it.  Run a new gold wire line 2 blocks from the LV solar cluster's incoming wires.  Add Hybrid Panel, done (00:22).  Just as night is falling, nice irony.  MFSU at 6.2M.

Funny bit: While waiting on compressor, I added an MF Unifier under my ore chest in IC2 lab - it doesn't appear to require power, but also doesn't output to chests, though oddly when I put in 19 invar it gave me 64 of them, neat bug to exploit, will have to see if it also does that to electrum which I need a lot more of.  Yes, I put in 12 electrum and it gave me 64, leaving on ingot behind, which gave one ingot.   Not sure what that bug is exactly.  Ran 5 Cu, got 5 out, added 6 more, got 64, one left over.  Wow, added 3 tin, got 3, added 3 more, got 64, added 3 more, got 64, added 3 more, got 64 in bottom slot and 77 in top slot??  The 77 then dropped into bottom slot, major score!  Same with aluminum ingots: first 3 gives 3, next 3 gives 64, next 3 give 64 and 74 in top slot.  You can even drop them in one at a time, with bronze I got 1 -> 1, 1 -> 64, 1 -> 64 + 68.  Was able to do the same thing with uranium dust, poof, 3 stacks for nothing.  Not trying to cheat, but I've been through a long hard haul with no cheat mode, no "/give" command, no teleporting, earned every unit of every item, so I'll stock up while I can, while trying to document this glitch.  Now, those >64 stacks are faulty, if you move them they sort of stay connected and revert back to 1 if you merge them with any other stacks.  Actually, it's that last stack in the bottom slot that's corrupted somehow, even if it's a quantity of 1, adding it to any stack reduces that stack to 1 item.   So, don't touch that last item in the machine, just toss it, it will just simply vanish.  I put the 64 U dust in mass fab, ran it on MV for a while, MFSU is still draining but much more slowly, 6.8M (00:46).  Then stash the Unifier in a chest, I don't want to cheat and don't want to corrupt my inventory with some weird glitch.

00:54 - made 8 iridium alloy ingot in rolling machine.  Up to roof to implode them, got 5 and ran out of iTNT.  Always something!  Eek, MFSU down to 1.8M, shut off mass fab, got 51 UU with 55 uranium dust still in bottom slot.  I need UU to make emeralds.  Made 36 mixed metal ingots in meanwhile, compressing them to advanced alloy now.  Okay, 2nd Hybrid Solar almost done, one short on advanced circuits again.  Heck, time to make a heap of circuits.  Run 32 Cu in wire mill = 96 Cu wire.  (Right next to my new work area which ends in that wall of ice for future expansion.)  Made 32 electronic circuits in Fabricator; then 12 advanced circuits, well stocked on those for a while.  2nd hybrid solar done & installed on roof (01:11).  At some point I will upgrade some of the older panels, and start working on AESU!  For now I need more iTNT.  Made 25 iTNT (01:23), MFSU at 3.9M, night time; implode 3 more Ir plate.

Yikes, with one of those false stacks of 1 item from the UNifier glitch on an autocrafting table, you can just keep pulling out items without expending ANY of the ingredients from any slot.  Huge bug.  Will not cheat like that, it's ridiculous.  Anyway, grabbed 2 stacks of lapis, 24 sapphires, and my heap of circuits.  Churn of lapotron crystals, finish 2 energy orbs (01:35); 4 iridium plate left.  Out of circuits.  Throw 64 copper in wire mill.    throw 2x64 ins Cu wire, a stack of Al and a stack of electrum in Fabricator ... 40 more circuits.  Another orb done (01:44).

Odd, now I'm getting 7-10fps even though I'm in the heart of my industrial lag zone.  Crazy expensive build.  Macerate a stash of lapis ore, gives 12 lapis each.  Another orb done (01:51).  That's #5.  Another orb done (01:55), only 1 iridium plate left, need one more, which will need more iTNT, whose automat is out of sand I think (of all the darn things, in a desert!).  6 of 8 lapotrons done for orb #7, run to get sand for iTNT.  2 IrIron ingots done, 40 iTNT ready, implode 2 more iridium plates (02:06).  MFSU at 9.8M pretty much all solar power, since thermal gens are out of lava again.  Orb #7 done (02:09), out of circuits and copper wire again.  Just need 5 more lapotrons.  Run 30 more copper in wire mill, dump in Fabricator, 8 more circuits, exactly enough.  Finish last orb, run upstairs, pop out the ComputerCube (fingers crossed but lossless electric wrench worked fine), and FINALLY ... the AESU.  Just about ran out of lapis, too.

Now, I need to read up about it before I attempt to hook it up to the power grid.  MFSU at 10 million.  Bed time.

Comments

Popular Posts