Quickhaven logs 5/22 to 5/23

5/22 after dinner - A fun run, down from my thaum treehouse, back to town.  Emptied out the multifarm along the way (64x2+28 birch logs), then ran across the desert to the marble chasm, dug down and hooked that up to my main tunnel network.  Made a note of my redwood hillside cave along the way, drilled out from my tunnel and up to the surface (under a mob of skittering spiders) to hook that up to my tunnel network.  Found two oil geysers and a few official IC2 rubber trees (chopped one down and brought one sapling home) out there right at the edge of the glaciers.  Checked multifarm again, 70 birch logs, 52 fir logs.  Harvested batches of excess saplings, oddly they showed as Silver Birch, not the regular birch.  I remember seeing that a few nights ago but hadn't thought about it at all.  While filling the barrels, socket write error, log back in.

After 11pm - Built a little brewing house out of marble, right next to the endless xy water tank.  I can just reach out the window to fill water bottles.  It meant expanding the town walls a little more.  Quickhaven has really been growing lately!

23:17 - Town lava tank FULL, biomass at 180b.  Redstone cell in Railcraft lab is drained, pop it out and recharge it in liquid lab.  Make 3 new machine frames (the gold came from pigmen nuggets!), turned them into 2 Liquid Transposers and a Magma Crucible.  Hook up one of each in liquid lab to start my molten ender stash, 8 pearls gave 2,000mB of molten ender.  Also made a pump, stirling engines, waterproofed some pipes ... all ready to set out on an oil drilling expedition.

Factor lab: grind 20 copper ore (23:40) = 28 gravel (23:43) -> 41 chunks (23:50) -> 18+ crystals.  Grind 16 gold ore (23:43) = 25 gravel (23:46) -> 33 chunks -> _ crystals.  Run out to new oil well - build a platform to reach the top, add the usual pump, engines, liquid transposer.  Got first 64 cans of oil, ran home by tunnel, came back to put another 64 cans into it, ran home across desert and got back just as it was getting dark. Put 8 oil in MF farm semifluid generator, check MF Farm: 7x64+60 wool, 40 beef, 27 leather,
28 ind fertilizer.  00:25 - MFSU at 8.7M (big drain was recharging the redstone cell), grab 64 lava for generators, turn on pump from ender tank.

00:53 - Extended my land out another 4 blocks over the sea, and built a new xy tank, 720,000 mB capacity, for oil.  And yes, marble is recognized in a xy tank.  The reason it seemed to fail last time was because I left a torch on the inside.  Run back to house to make a stirling engine, grab my spare Liquid Transposer and hook it up to the valve on xy tank -- it's pumping the first 72 cans of oil into the tank, and saving the empty cans.

01:22 - warp to distant village Auckland.  As it rendered I could see through the houses and saw some villagers out where I don't recall seeing them before.  Turned out their house was part buried and they could not get out the door, two others were stranded on a fenced-in patio hovering a block off the ground.  One of them wanted to trade 18 wheat for emeralds, so I got 3 emeralds.  Across the way was a spiralling tree with blue leaves - my first Silverwood!  I got some leaves, two wood, and 2 shimmerleaf flowers, but no saplings dropped and I didn't want to hack it up too much.  I ran out to my oil well, got 55 cans full.  At night, about 7 angry zombies were at the base of that patio trying to get the villagers; I cleared them out and headed home.  Town oil tank at 74b.

01:31 - Multifarm: put 17 coal in engine, chest has 51 sand, 98 birch logs, 9 oak logs, 4 apples, 25 fir logs.  39 blue fertilizer left.  I'm really happy with the output of this thing.  I need to scour the world and find a wider variety of wood, and trees for my arboretum that has barely gotten started.  Off to read a bit before bed ...

###

5/23

Brief lunch visit.  My IC2 rubber tree grew, but had no tap spots, so I chopped it down, got 3 saplings.  Rearranged some of the trees out by the multifarm.  Went out to arboretum and saved the shimmerleaf, notes said that it will die if not under a silverwood tree; stash them for later.

After Elementary, 11pm.  Factor lab: 13 crystalline gold and 15 crystalilne copper done.  Did a quick run to oil well out by the glaciers, got 40 cans of oil.  It may be finished, didn't see it refilling.  Run home, dump in town oil tank.  On the way I stopped at my old tiny wiz tower and grabbed all the shards from the chest.  MFSU at 10 million, recharge tools; my nano suit was at 45-60%, batpack down to 216k.  Make a forester's backpack at house, head off to Thaum Treehouse to drop off shards; while there, move the cauldron to a safe stone room in basement.  Stop at multifarm on way home: 57 borch logs, 6 oak logs, 2 apples, 15 sand; take out 24 birch saplings, add 10 coal coke.  Made a bed, ran out overland from Thaum Treehouse to the Wastelands lair, drop a bed there.  There was a tiny spot of taiga on the way, chop one spruce, got 26 leaves but only one sapling.  But okay, I can work with one sapling.  Got 3 more on the way back, plus bees (marshy princess, rocky princess).

01:00 - Ran out to first oil well near Marble Chasm.  Yes, it was finished.  Move the gear to the other oil well just 50m away.  End up building the most compact oil well to  liquid transposer well I've ever done, just 2x3x2 blocks, one single redstone torch powers all 3 engines.  Got the first 74 cans of oil.  While waiting, I ran up to the glacier across the way, built a little hut with a new waypoint "Glacier Hut", beyond that was a high rockface.  I ended up blasting a little cave in rockface, wooden stairs up to it, put a gate as a door and dropped the bed in there.  Went back down to the hut, did 6 ladders straight down and blasted a tunnel all the way back to my main East Tunnel.  Fun little epxedition, lots of ores (32 coal, 10 apatite, 2 amber, 37 Cu, 14 Fe, 2 U, 11 Al).  Drop off at ore lab, just upstairs in factor lab, more crystals ready: 22 gold, 22 copper.  Town biomass tank 180b, lava tank FULL, oil tank at 161b (plus 64 cans in trasposer).  Multifarm: 31 sand, 88 birch logs, 21 oak logs, 7 spruce logs, 30 fir logs; took out 64 fir saplings, still 34 fertilizer.  01:30 - oil tank at 241b, biomass at 313b.  Made a fresh batch of compost and a treelyzer in the carpenter, off to read before bed.

Comments

Popular Posts