Quickhaven logs 5/10 to 5/12

5/10 lunch - Just reading some UU recipes.  Haven't had any to play with for a few months now.  2 UU (one above the other) = water block, which supposedly can be placed in the Nether.  6 UU in shape of a "K" = 4 blaze rods.  There's still the classic 7 UU shaped like "I" for one Iridium.  8 UU in a circle make one Ender Pearl, BUT this can also be done with Minium Stone and 4 iron.  Duh, how long have I walked around wishing I had some ender pearls?  But if I go near an enderman I lag out, can't control which way I'm facing, and get clobbered.  One other UU recipe I will probably need: 7 UU (top 2 rows filled plus box 8) for 2 emeralds.  3 UU (box 4,6,7) can make 10 Zn dust or (box 1,4,6) 10 Nickel dust, though I have a good stock of those.  5 UU (shaped like a "T") can make 2 titanium dust, or (box 4,6,7,8,9) 24 mycelium.  It's also used for sunnarium in Advanced Solars.  I don't know why anyone would waste the uber-expensive UU on cheap things like bones or sugar.

Made 12 ender pearls from 48 iron with minium stone.  Make safari net from my ONE ghast tear.  yay, now I can grab animals and mobs and bring em home for experiments.  Make two Minefactory Ranchers, setup two 3x3 pens (one for cow, one for sheep).  Factor 8 tin = 13 gravel -> 15 chunks -> _ crystals.  Pulv 32 iron ore, get 2 bonus ferrous dust.

I set up those two Rancher machines.  One is at base of a fenced-in 3x3 little grassy spot.  used my safari net to snag a sheep.  he hopped out right away, so back in safari net while I make fences 2 blocks high.  Sheep goes back in, Rancher starts spitting out wool.  Sheep eats grass, poofs more wool, Rancher shears it, puts it in chest, for some small trickle of power from this one semifluid generator.  Also grabbed a cow, fenced him in, and the Rancher quickly filled a 3-high-tank with milk, in case I ever need more I can just flip a switch to turn the machine back on.  14 wool so far.  Neat mod.

Okay, Uranium dust is a Mass Fab amplifier of 1,000,000!  I estimate that will keep it running at full speed for 6 UU.  Tested it out, yes 50% used up gave exactly 3 UU in 12:15.  That's big news, since I have a stockpile of uranium and have no intention of going nuclear - only other use I have for uranium is for advanced solars.   The mass fab would probably just zip thru UU if I hook it up at MV.  I'm a little wary of doing that, in case some other player fiddles with the Mass Fab and leaves it running, it could drain my whole MFSU in under an hour.  Lava tank at 245k, though I've taken out a few batches for my thermal gen.  Biomass tank down to 47k then I took out 32k.  Need more plant matter.  15:17 - Lava tank at 257, grab 30 to burn.

Saw an ender in the distance - got in a safe area 2 blocks high then stared right at him.  He made the garbled noises, warped over, couldn't reach me.  I got 2 hits on him, he warped away.  Came back a moment later, all garbled and mad.  Radar said he was right on top of me.  Went up the ladder (IC2 lab), no sign of him.  Went up to roof, there he was.  3 more hits and he was done.  They're 3 blocks tall so they can't get through doors, and can get their heads stuck in low overhangs.  Scary buggers, with those new tortured sound f/x and all.  Got one ender pearl and a minium shard.  I'm thinking I may be able to elevator up 3 if I catch one in an open area, and attack down on his head -- that's supposed to be effective against pigmen too (if the ghasts don't get you).

Lunch ran a bit long, bit of a brain-dead day.  Anyway, 9 new UU, for a total stash of 21.

After Monk & Merlin - 11pm.  Move Mass Fab to 2nd floor, right under the MV power line.  So I can quickly hook it to MV by putting a gold wire to the right of it, or to LV by putting gold wire to the left.  There's an LV Transformer to the left with room for 2 recyclers on that line, but darn when I placed my recycler the first time it touched the MV wire above it and POOF, no more recycler.  At least it wasn't an actual explosion that damaged anything.  Okay, 2 fresh new recyclers, setup.  Will put some glass panes in those spots between the MB and LV lines so I don't do THAT again.  Check my stash in ore lab and personal safe, pulverize 5 U ore (got 2 Pu dust), I now have 12 U ore, 25 U, 19 U dust.

Back to IC2 lab.  Expensive power experiment, but sun is up.  grab 32 lava cans (251 left in tank).  MFE at 9.2M.  Run mass fab on MV power - Pu dust is a 2,000,000 amplifier!  Start at 1.68 UU.  Run 2 Pu dust, see how long ... 6:30 gets to 25.65 UU, right on the money, each million amplifier nets 12 UU at peak efficiency.  MFSU at 5.3M, roughly 4 million EU spent, which is also right on, because at peak efficiency you should get 6 UU per million EU.  Anyway, 25 more UU finished, system setup better.  Would need much more space to actually automate the recyclers and pumps the scrap into the mass fab, but if I can get 25 at a burst whenever I need to, that's a huge step up from having no capability at all yesterday!  Probably need a 2nd thermal gen to keep up with the huge power drain.  For now, I disconnected the gold cable and put it in nearby chest.  Can't afford a player leaving that machine on.  Ran 64 cracked earth in IndCent while waiting.  Dropped off 28 copper in the wiremill during wait, 84 Cu wire.

Make a generator -> geothermal -> thermal gen, and set it up by MFSU, which is now at 5.8M.  Now, with lava in both, I get 2x24 EU/t, in daylight I get 2x4 EU/t from solars, plus oil I can get 8 EU/t more.  Will work on advanced solars soon.  It's a bit frustrating that the other players each have 4 or 8 solars already -- without my super expensive setup (which probably took 20-30 hours to put together) they would never have been able to get those materials at all!  But I guess that counts as teamwork, so okay.

Ore lab: pulv 10 nikolite ore (2 bonus diamond dust), grind 41 coal ore (2x64+15 coal).  Quick hop to Nether base Camp, seal up a hole in the wall, grab 128 lava cans, got 41 pyrite dust, 3 nether tin ore (9 Sn dust, 1 Fe), 3 stacks of netherrack.

00:52 - MFSU at 7M, drop 64 lava in each thermal gen.  Pretty wild: 128 cans of lava at 30k each is 3.84 million EU.  I wonder whether we even need big tanks when you can carry that much in your pocket -- in just two stacks that almost twice what 2 lapotron crystals could hold, and the cans are easy to make from the common aluminum blobs.

Use 6 UU for 4 blaze rods, macerate 1 for 5 blaze powder to make 2 ender eyes, then 4 deep storage blocks {Minefactory} that claim to handle storing up to 2 billion of any single block.  Replace my 2 cobble barrels with one deep storage unit -- it's holding 6707, no power needed.  Funny trick, I emptied the bottom barrel first, replaced it with deep storage unit with obsidian pipe going IN the front side, and when I popped stacks out of the barrel above they mostly fell on the obsidian pipe and got sucked in.

01:20 - biomass run: chop 2 oak and 1 birch in my garden, then run 6 saplings thru the Harvester ... got 69 logs and 516 leaves (56 plantballs).  Drop in fermenter.  Dug a little 10x5x3 room along tunnel to wiz tower.  Build 2 mob grinders to install in near wall.  Will keep it dark in there, mobs that spawn will be whacked for goods and mob essence.  And I can drop other in there using my safari net.  Will take a while to set it up and power it, and handle the outflowing items.

01:30 - MFSU at 9.1M.  Make a new generator.  Hook up the mob grinders, generator for power from beneath, tank for mob essence, chest for drops.  Went out and grabbed a creeper.  Knock a hole in wall, drop him in there, a few seconds later the gunpowder and mob essence come out on the pipes.  Chicken gave an egg.  Need to check out the Minefactory Mon Spawner machine now, supposed to be able to put a creature in there from safari net and have it spawn those same mobs every time it gets enough essence and power to do so.  Doh!  Need nether wart to build that item.

02:32 - long nether run from base camp, follow tunnels outwards -- finally find a nether fortress, but as soon as I poke a hole into it (from below), a wither skeleton hits me with bad mojo.  I should have hit him with my safari net, taken him home and dropped him in my grinder, but it was late, wrong item in hand, magma cube flopping around outside.  Made a book link to get back quickly.  Woo hoo.

###

5/11 lunch - Lava tank at 377k.  Make signs to label the last two nether book links ... including the nether FORTRESS link.  I thought I could make some nether wart with UU, but I uess not.  Would like to make a few mob spawners, install them around the other 3 sides of my mob grinder room.  With a few key mobs in safari nets, I could spawn and harvest all kinds of badguys down there.  Oh, backpack full of stuff from last night's nether tunneling: 3x64+35 pyrite dust, 1 yellow garnet, 4 Zn dust, 28 sphalerite dust, 2 nether redstone, 3 nether coal, 3 nether iron, 3 nether lapis.

Iceman was playing, I helped setup new link book link room in his nether castle.  Added a book link to Rutt's house, next to his bed.  He said he was getting tired of using cobble, so I ran a new batch of stone in my igneous extruder, made stone double slabs, stone brick, chiseled stone brick.  Then made batches of various xy blocks.  I have soooo much stuff that has been waiting for a good build project.  13:08 - lava tank at 418k.

After "Gran Torino" - 9pm.  Rutt is on, I do a quick hop to their Nether Castle, setup return book links to their houses, double the chest in the link room, stuff it with stone & building materials.  Factor lab: 21 crystal tin done.  I took Rutt to the nether fortress by book link.  I froze every 3 or 4 seconds, couldn't help him clear any mobs.  I did safari net the big magma cube that was blocking the entrance, made a tiny cubby hole, spawned it in there and it suffocated, dropped mini cubes, no problem.  We found nether wart just around the first corner, I went home and planted it in a new IC2 crop patch.


00:00 - lava tank at 410k, MFSU at 10 million.  Run mass fab with 4 uranium dust.  Right on the money - 24 UU done, 4 million EU burned, despite multiple generators trying to keep up with the power drain.  Fine for now.  Disconnect it, make 3 iridium from UU.

00:20 - went on a quick mining run, forgot torches, no coal on hand.  Duh.  Came back up top, made 128 torches.  Plan for advanced solars: drop 8 U in compressor -> 8 refined U; 2 UU + glow dust = sunnarium part; macerate 16 glowstone blocks (run out & harvest 4 more from altars while waiting) = 64 glowstone dust.  Make 7 reinforced glass, stash one.  Then 4 glow dust around a refined U = irradiant Uranium, make 8 of those.  Then 6 reinforced glass + 2 irr U + glow dust = 6 irradiant glass panes.  Pains??  Let's see, compress one iridium to an ingot, surround with 8 refined iron = IridiumIron Plate: surround that with 4 carbon plate & 4 advanced alloy for one Reinforced IridiumIron Plate (alphabet soup!).  Tired.  Real work to make fake items!  Add Sunnarium part, diamond, 2 lapis, 4 redstone for ... wait for it ... Irradiant Reinforced Plate!  Finally, grab an old solar panel, add 3 irradiant glass, 2 advanced alloy, 2 advanced circuits, and it's my first Advanced Solar Panel.  Go up to roof and mount it.
8 EU/t with 32k internal storage.  Seems kinda wimpy, but it beats the old slow solars.  And ouch the next tier of solars is insanely pricy.  (Like this wasn't nutty enough?)

MFSU stuck at 7.2M, grab 58 lava from tank (401k left).  Aw heck I have one more solar in the chest and 3 irradiant glass panes on hand, might as well upgrade it.  While fiddling, macerate 64+24 coal, cook 16 bronze, 15 invar and 32 zinc to replenish carbon plate and advanced alloy stash.  Adds 20 AA and 14 CF.  Sleep off the night, install new solar on roof.

00:50 - MFSU at 7.9M.  01:13 - mining trip - ores (3 ferrous, 1 cinnabar, 4 diamond, 32 coal, 8 Pb, 1 U, 8 Ag, 15 RS, 17 Fe, 4 Au, 4 Al, 23 Nik) and gems (7 grn sapphire, 4 sapphire).  Grinder, 4 diamond ore -> 9 diamonds.  Pulv 23 Nikolite for 1 bonus diamond dust (weak).  I now have 1455 nikolite in barrel, no plans to use it.  Make 48 invar, 24 bronze, grab 24 zinc for adv alloy.  Drop 64 coal in coke oven, 32 iron in blast furnace.  Huh, somehow the redstone energy cell in railcraft lab got completely drained.  More work for me, find crescent hammer, pop it out and take it to be refilled.  MFSU at 9.1M.

109 wool in the auto-shearer chest, sheep doesn't care.  Igneous extruder made another 9 stacks of stone.  I need to build an old-fashioned stone crafting setup (make stone slabs, stone brick, chiseled stone brick), one for sandstone (snad -> all 3 kinds of sandstone), etc.  Those used to be fun to setup, and I now have stacks of wood from tree harvests.  Heck, let me start a big batch of autocrafters and redstone engines.

01:46 - redstone energy cell filled, MFSU at 8.4M+.  16 steel done.  Grab 29 creosote cans.  Biomass run, take 3 saplings out to auto-harvester, 3rd one turned into a giant tree, it just keeps hacking away at it.  3 saplings gave 34 oak wood, 6x64+24 leaves (51 plantballs).  02:06 - check automats before bed - 9 autocrafters and 11 redstone engines done, 14 spare pistons.  Bed!

###

5/12

Dinner time.  Mob grinder chest has 1 egg, 8 gunpowder, 11 zombie guts, 2 arrows, 2 brains, 1 string.  Installed a single pipe (unconnected cube) as a window so I can drop guys inside by safari net.  Tested it on a creeper.  Made a little automat room along side of the main tunnel - obsidian pipe to drop stone/san into chests, gets processed into stone brick, stone slabs, chiseled stone brick on the stone side, and all 3 kinds of sandstone on the sand side.  Outputs into a row of barrels along the tunnel.

After Scrabble night, 11pm.  Town lava tank at 400k, grab 27.  MFSU at 9.5M.  Burn 5 Na cells, 5 CH4 cells.  Thunder, small explosion sounded like a creeper down below??  4 U dust in mass fab.  Seriously need biomass.  23:10 - madd fab done, 24 UU for stash, disconnect mass fab.  MFSU at 6 million, running 2x64 cobble in recyclers, but the recyclers are really a bust - an average of 8 items processed per unit of scrap and then it takes about 34 scrap to optimize one UU, way better to use the good amplifiers (U: and Pu: and Th: which I have no other use for) when I find them.  Though I have to remember to save some U for the advanced solars.  At MV, each scrap lasts just under one second!  Grab 43 more lava.  At max, I can generate 2x24 (thermal gens) + 16 (gas turbine) + 4 (semifluid) and in daylight add 8 + 2x2 for a total of 96 EU/t.

Night, checked the perimeter, enderman not far away.  Stared at him, he whined and teleported up to me.  I accidentally r-clicked on a chest while trying to safari net him, took some hits.  Then snared him.  Charging up the mob grinder down below ... drop him in there!  Yowl.  Out comes the ender pearl.  Move auto-spawner to middle of 5x5 area on floor inside dark mob grinder room, dig out little room below.  Get two buckets of mob essence from tank, but it looks like it has to be pumped into the spawner, along with power.  Quite a setup.  I made a generator for this, but now I'm thinking a liquid transposer instead of that tank, and some MJ steam engines?

I've really been burning through iron lately, so: 32 iron ore in grinder (23:38): 42 gravel (23:42) -> 54 chunks (23:54) -> _ crystals.  64 clay done, 53 backed up in the furnace.  Down below, hook up auto-spawner to pipes from mob essence tank, and two stirling engines feed it power.  Got 9 mob essence to start with, from past natural grinds.  Seems to produce a new creeper about once a minute, it looks sad, then keels over, gunpowder and essence come out.  Neat system!  Now I need a whole row of these grinders to spawn the badguy of my choice.  Time to go on a DNA hunt.  Just need a few ghast tears to make safari nets.  Now (00:19) 22 gunpowder in grinder chest.  23.  From the math I saw it takes 1.5 kills to make enough essence for one spawn.  Timed it: new creeper every 30 seconds.  And this is just clunky stuff powered by coal.  A stack of coal coke could keep this going for a while.  A redstone energy cell probably is the best answer here, no power drawn unless it's needed.  00:22 - 29 gunpowder in chest.  Still shows 6 essence in the spawner's internal tank.  Now wait, I hear cows up above.  A cow grinder would give essence for all kinds of tricks. 00:23 - 30 gunpowder.

Okay, this is what makes Minecraft mod packs such a blast.  Even after weeks of playing and building this town and all the infrastructure, there must be 50 different things I haven't tried yet.  Or I've tried some setup once or twice, and now want to bump it up to a bigger production facility.  Or I just want to optimize and get the most out of each item or material.  I was just taking a walk and realized I can throw all these unwanted eggs into the mob grinder, and get more free essence and feathers.  In this case, I want to test a comment I saw that the Minefactory Grinder does NOT whack baby animals.  Oh well, I tossed 10 and got no baby chickens.  But wow, it's 00:50 and there are now 43 gunpowder and it's still making more creepers.  As I was typing that, 44.

Okay, made two safari nets (borrowed 2 ghast tears from iceman) headed into village, made a diamond sword, has some levels to spend - for 26 levels I got Looting II, Disjunction III.  I have no idea what Disjunction is.  Huh.  There were only 3 cows in the village pen, so I fed a few, prepped a few babies for when I finish my own little playpen and come back to grab em.

01:07 - setup two adjacent 5x5 pens.  Wool chest has 64x2+22 wool now.  Funny, I hear a zombie getting ground up down below the ground.  I will need to check my coordinates soon -- I think the tunnel with mob grinder is directly under the road between my animal pens, so I can pipe mob essence down there easily.  Make a Chronotyper: darn, needs 3 emerals, so I have to spend 14 UU to make 4 of them.  Emeralds are a super rare material in this world!  Okay, my tunnelside mob grinder is at 202,745,+57  (Now 50 gunpowder in chest, plus 13 zombie guts, 6 arrows, 2 bones, 5 brains, a string and a spider eye).  Ran to village to grab 2 adult cows, put them in adult side of my 2-part pen, hit em with wheat, one baby born.  Run powerline to chronotyper, it pulls the baby across to the grind side, but as promised, the grinder doesn't hurt babies.  2nd calf born, pulled over to other side.  I put switches on both the chronotyper and mob grinder, so I can turn them off when not exoerimenting.

Quick check, MFSU at 8.95M.  lava tank at 404k, take out 26.  Grabbed 64 lava cans from bottom-of-the-world tank, two slimes dropped in one me, I netted one, got 3 slimeballs from the other.  Let me go run a batch of slimes in my grinder!  I should probably make a personal safe to keep all my safari nets full of mob DNA in.  ;-)   factor lab, check on my crystalline iron ... 71 done, 9 still cooking.  What did I start with?  32 ore.  Into furnace.  nice, Induction Smelter can do 2 refined iron at a time, and make occasional slag, too.  I'm toying with the idea of making a whole little building out of dyed rockwool, and using that as my dye shack.  Also figured out in my head last night that I can probably use a liquicrafter to make construction foam -- the big downer with that has always been losing all those tin cans!

Railcraft lab: 56 coal coke done, and 16 steel.  Up to Minefactory Farm (MF Farm from now on), only one calf left in pen, sure enough one steak in the chest.  Chop chop.  Down to MF grinder.  Out of mob essence.  Swap out creeper for slime net.  Switch on pump to bring mob essence down from upstairs.  Go to window to watch.  Bouncy bouncy slappity, smash.  little slimes try to squeeze thru the window (around the unconnected pipe) to get me.  Slimeballs come oozing out.  30 seconds elapsed: 11 slimeballs.  Actually, these guys may beat the rule where it takes more essence to spawn a mob than you get from killing it.  Since you spawn one, and when it dies it spawns more!  Let's see how it goes here.  2:30 elapsed, 17 slimeballs, 5 mob essence in spawner's tank.  Nose right up against window.  Big one, whack, two tiny one pop up, whack whack.  Wow, this one got a stream of about 8 slimeballs ... 4:17 elapsed: 29 slimeballs, wait here's another guy ... whack whack, drops coming in from both grinders.  5:00 elapsed: 33 slimeballs, yup 7 mob essence in tank, a net gain!  Run up to surface, my cow grinder is at 194,759,+67, only about 15 blocks awa and 10 up from mob grinder.  Now that I have a gain in essence, I should put an auto-enchanter down across the hall from the mob grinder.  Really fun mod.  12:20 elapsed, a bunch of little buggers in there, wait till 14:00 = 64+27 slimeballs (more guys just spawned), spawner's mob essence tank is full at 10, pipes are backed up.  Switch off the pump, let the tank above fill up for a while.  Wow, big surplus.

Getting late, that was a fun experiment.  Wonder how many goodies will be there when I log in tomorrow.  I left about 8 coal coke in each of the two engines feeding the spawner, and 12 in the generator for the grinders.  With a steady stream of power, this will be nuts.  I want to safari net a magma cube, and (somehow!) a ghast as well.  mad science!

###

Comments

Popular Posts