Quickhaven logs 5/13 to 5/15

5/13

After Defiance and Castle.  23:11 - head down to mob grinder, ha ha the room is packed with slimes because the power to my grinders ran out.  Refuel it, drops start pouring out.  Looks like about 20 slimes in there, flopping around.  Okay, power down the spawner until that gets cleared out.  Check farm on surface: 64+64+35 wool, breed a 4th cow.  Wait until that one's an adult before turning the chronotyper back on.  Gee, on the radar there's a big green spot where all the slimes are, down below.  It's further over than I had thought, right under that little pond I'm not using, next to my one tree harvester.  23:19 - okay, green blips gone, run back down to spawner.  All cleared out, now 64+64+31 slimeballs in chest.

Clear out some ore in hallway, coal, iron, then copper and 2 U.  Make a sludge boiler, plan to put that downstairs under the harvesters with big warning sign since they have a poison effect with a radius of about 4 blocks.  Funny, saw spider on roof of ore lab, went up the ladder, ended up wearing it like a hat. 

23:37 - biomass run, lop down a fir tree: 22 logs, 46 saplings, 148 leaves (18 plantballs).  Lava tank at 378k, MFSU at 10 million, might as well fill a lapotron xtal while I'm not running any big batches.  Slowly planning a truly mad mission to make a gravity gun and use it to safari net a ghast, convert 16 Fe to 4 ender pearls using minum stone.  Ore lab, run 32 copper in grinder  = 42 gravel -> 54 chunks -> 77+ crystals.  Crystallizer had 15 iron from last batch, 64 clay backed up in furnace again.  Pulv my 2 U ore, just 4 U:.  Grind 20 coal ore = 67 coal.

23:55 - biomass tank at 87k, lava tank 391k.  Run that 4 U dust to get 24 UU.  Making C[] + 4 H[] = 5 CH4[] in chemical reactor downstairs ... odd chemistry there.  Nope, showing "Insufficient energy line."  I made a batbox and put it in just upline from the reactor, still says insufficient energy but it's slowly making it anyway.

01:17 - Took quite a trip to Nether.  Brewed 3 fire resistance potions (8:00 each), dropped off all my expensive tools at home in personal safe, then booklinked to two of my nether forts.  Saw some ghasts fairly far off, tried to snag them with gravity gun.  Seemed to work once or twice, but I have to stand there taking fireball hits at 3 frames/second of lag.  After a while, gravity gun r-click just stopped working, not sure why, or what powers it if anything.  Came home empty-handed, but at least in one piece.  I probably should have grabbed a pigman or magma cube while I was there, for gold nuggets & magma cream.  But the point was to get a stash of ghast tears to make more safari nets.  Hard to come by.  I should snare an enderman first, grind a bunch of those for pearls, but as soon as they're spawned they looked around for blocks to screw with.

01:50 - run to deep lava tank for last 62 cans of lava.  Need to move that pump someday.  Short mining trip while I'm down there, get ores: 12 Fe, 1 U, 8 W, 18 Nik, 15 Al, 7 Ag, 6 RS, 9 Au, 18 coal, 1 ruby.  Running a batch of zombies in grinder.

Not a very productive session, but Rutt came on for a bit around 00:30 and talked about life for a while.

###

5/14

Lunch - Some Minefactory stuff: make 6 new factory machine blocks and a new Grinder.  I like the factory machine block recipe (4 plastic = 4 plastic sheets, and 3 plastic sheets over 3 stone = 3 machine blocks), it's reasonably cheap, but still a bit of busy work.  Go to Twilight Forest.  Install mob Grinder in side wall of lich tower.  Not easy at 3fps.  The way we went in the first time goes past too many caves swarming with blue guys and skeletons.  A back way, pretty much straight out from my house, takes stairs Rutt made down to bridge over chasm, up and through to the back wall of the tower.  I could hear the lich's shadows moving around, and see the lich barely 12 blocks away on radar, he just needs to walk into this side library room now, and wham, he should be chunks.  Assuming the grinders even work on bosses.  I left all my best power tools behind in overworld, just in case.

Checked out Andy's treetop house while waiting for grinder results.  Wow.  Really nicely done.  4 stories tall on top of mushroom base, all done in dark woods and big glass viewer windows.  Each floor is a different pattern of sandstone and dirt.  Got some screen grabs.  Still nothing in grinder.  I may have to sneak in there and safari net the lich.  But then what?  I don't know if I can catch him, don't know if spawning him in the grinder room will work -- the grinders may ignore bosses?  And if it does work, wouldn't it have been better to make an auto-spawner that spawns liches in there, to get maximum goodies?  I don't know if the auto-spawner can spawn liches or not.  Interesting puzzle.  Maybe this first lich will just be a test - can safari net hold it and will the grinder grind it?  Then the next one I can capture and try to auto-spawn.

Back to Overworld.  Level some new areas outside town, take down mini cactus farm, replace it with a large expanse of dirt.  This is the area where I used mining laser to level some sand hills, and behind that is where I used the mining turtle to grab a whole area of sand.  I plan to cover all the exposed rock & sandstone with dirt and make it my official arboretum.  On the other side of town, all trees are meant to be harvested, but this area will be for displaying specimens only.  I started by planting two canopy trees from twilight forest.  I haven't used my peat bog in a few weeks, so primitive.  But it's time to sand over the other pool up there, since it's right next to my xy tank with infinite water.  Will probably put my construction foam lab there ... though comically I'd like to make my construction foam lab out of construction foam, but I don't have any yet.  So, I will make the machinery first, scaffold out the frame of the building, and when I have a sprayer full, make the building around its contents.  Leveled out the whole area from MF farm up to water tank, including desert up to 2 blocks away from fences.  Skeleton was taking pot shots at me so I got him in the safari net and put him in the spawner/grinder down below.

Grinder chest now has: 48 flesh, 14 arrows, 9 brains, 2 string, 3 spider eyes, 19 bones, 128 slimeballs (I grabbed the other stack last night), 1 ender pearl, 56 gunpowder.  Build time: make liquicrafter, generator, compressor, canning machine.

After scrabble - 22:50 - quick run to nether to net a magma cube.  Spawns just fine in overworld, slappity slappity, then silence, and magma cream comes out the pipe.  Grinder chest: 49 flesh, 42 arrows, 9 brains, 2 string, 3 spider eyes, 51 bones, 64x3+17 slimes, 7 magma cream, 1 ender pearl, 56 gunpowder.  22:52 - make that 21 magma cream - one medium cube can output 5 or 6 drops.  22:53 - okay that was a big cube, now have 30 magma cream, 9 drops from the one mob, once its spawn is taken into account.  I'm pretty sure I can extract blaze powder from magma cream and use the minium stone to get blaze rods.  But I should go nab a blaze anyway, just for sport.  I'm thinking of lining this hallway with barrels for all these goodies.  Won't be running out of these items ever again!  Oops, if slimes or cubes are killed too close to the walls, the little guys can appear in the hallway outside the chamber.  23:01 - cleared out am area behind opposite tunnel wall, could line up barrels there and auto-sort behind the wall.  68 magma cream.  Drilled hole up to surface for lining up possible sludge boiler.

23:11 - made composter and 4 sewage collectors, might as well test them out.  23:26 - all set up, took 3 iron pipes to bring the 4 outputs into one pipe.  Had just enough cactus to make just enough waterproof pipe, none left.  Sewage is flowing.  Composter seems to take a long time to power up.  Well, power up (red) bar went up pretty quickly, but the work (green) bar is barely moving.  Stuff is flowing into machine, but internal tank still shows empty.  23:32 - okay, green bar almost full ... done, made one industrial fertilizer.  5 minutes each time?  Still 7k of oil in the semifluid generator that's powering this whole MF farm zone.  3x64+53 wool in sheep chest.  Stop by the apiary I setup with a few cacti over by the peat bog: got my first 4 comb, run it again.

23:38 - Factor lab, run 30 iron in grinder  = 42 gravel -> 59 chunks -> 41 crystals.  64 clay backed up again, not a bad problem to have; no room to pump it out into a chest, the furnace is really tucked back into the wall.

23:48 - check mob grinder chest again (2x64+48 magma cream), spawner has powered down, mob essence tank (2 tanks high) is topped off.  Take 48 cream to IndCentrif for splitting (2500 EU, 25 sec each).  I'm going to end up with gobs of slimeballs ... any real use for them?  Sticky pistons ok (never use those), weird circuit, water tank siding, hunter's handgun & some bullets (need to work on that now that I have lots of magma cream!), smelt slimeballs into sticky resin, extract slimeballs into 2 rubber (not as good, cook then extract for 3 rubber each).  Not sure how I missed the resin & rubber recipes before, guess I never had enough of the green globs that I needed to look for ways to use them.  Wow, so I end up with 48 blaze powder and 48x3 rubber.  I can picture a little spawn/grind factory for just those resources, then again, it would take a spawner, a grinder, an industrial centrifuge, furnace, extractor, and a power supply -- yikes.  This is why I keep doing the processes by hand.  To set up automated supply chains for even the 40 top materials could easily take 200 to 250 machines and pumps.  Imagine the lag.  OTOH it's a bit surreal to spend real hours of a real life making imaginary things.  But it's good therapy, an alternate world where things actually make sense. 

00:25 - Studied all recipes for blaze powder and blaze rod, add to my life cycles file.  Added an aviary in hallway below, with rocky bees and mushrooms.  Not sure if that's the right combo.  Yup, checked them, 2 mushrooms became 5, got a pair of bees and a rocky comb.  00:56 - built new "bees & trees lab" out by the arboretum, one gold chest for bees, one gold chest for saplings, leaves.  Simple enough.  Though for logs and wood go to the sawmill up the street.

01:10 - take 6 U: and make 36 UU matter, now have 98 UU in personal safe at house.  Plan a good use for it next.  Quit early tonight.

###

5/15

All work today, then big migraine after dinner.  No time for fun.  Finally get up around 1am (a little better), but server is down!

Created a FTB Ultimate pack singleplayer world as experiment, curious about the difference in FPS.  Okay, peaceful mode, I get 3-5 fps when walking or mining, 7-12 fps when standing still.  Pretty poor.

How about vanilla Minecraft?  I haven't seen that in months.  My desktop icon was even pointing to a deleted file.  I can't imagine playing vanilla now, almost no items, nothing to do but make big empty buildings.  But, just testing how much overhead the modpack uses ... here goes ... loading and converting Beriniga, says I haven't been on there since Nov 2011.  14-17 fps when running around, about 20 fps standing still.  Big chunk-loading issues, but yeah, there's my super-crude vanilla snow and ice world.  Zzz.

###

Comments

Popular Posts