Quickhaven logs 5/18 to 5/19 - ender grind

5/18

My birthday, okay I'm 47.  Programmer by day, long-time sci-fi author, enough about me.  In the morning, I read about the confusing forestry Multifarms.  Like usual direwofl20 always has the best demos.  Also read about the tree breeding.  Sounds like my kind of thing, since I like to collect trees of every type.

Long lunch gathering, Warehouse 13 marathon, pretty laid back day.  Short afternoon session, mostly just showed my wife my town and sounded like a crazy person trying to explain it all.  Didn't get online till almost midnight.  Couldn't remember where I put my last apiary, so I made two new ones, put one under my oak/birch patch, went into wood behind the twilight portal house and scooped two more hives, put an apiary at the edge of those woods with fresh oak and birch around it.  I'm curious to see if the bees will actually affect the trees in any way.  Meanwhile, I still can't snare an enderman.  I have seen a few in the distance and stared at them long enough to get their sound f/x.  I tend to duck into a 2-high doorway right away, so they can't hit me, but they don't even teleport over and take a shot at me.  of course, putting them in the spawner/grinder will probably be a comical mess since they will try to dismantle the room AND maybe teleport all over my town before the grinder can nail them.  We'll see.

MF Farm - after putting 64 wheat in the breeder (feeder), I had a small swarm of calves in the young half of the pen, now they're gone and I have 24 beef + 20 leather in chest.  45 fertilizer.  5x64+33 wool.  The bees are really fussy, when I place the apiaries under trees I get a "not enough light warning", then some queens said "hostile environment" so I moved those right across the border from desert into the woods, only to get "not enough flowers", even from an apiary with a red flower right in front of it.  Rotten lag the last few nights, maybe 2 fps with 2 second freezes every few seconds.  Really unplayable except for crafting and maintenance.  Speaking of crafting, none of the forestry farm blocks or farm valves (etc) have their recipes come up in NEI.

01:18 - simple mining mission past the deep lava tank.  Ores: 5 monazit, 1 U, 4 Galena, 6 ruby, 4 Au, 18 Al, 33 RS, 38 Nik, 4 diamond, 31 Fe (yay), 4 lapis, 3 cinnabar, 10 Ag, 3 sapphire, 24 coal.  Factor lab: 50 crystalline iron done.  Grind 4 diamond ore -> 10 diamonds.  Pulv nikolite ore -> 3 bonus diamond dust.  Just saw that nikolite can be used as mass fab amplifier, same value as scrap (5,000), so 34 nikolite that produce 1 UU matter at optimum power usage.  For fun, go run a batch in mass fab on LV power, 4x64 nikolite (since I have half a barrel full with no plans of building blutricity stuff) ... get 8 UU matter in 9 minutes.







Going to read a bit before bed.

###

5/19

Road trip - Palm Springs pool party.  1am - quick mining trip, move the pump to my deep lava tank.  Factor lab: Run 25 iron  = 38 gravel -> 52 chunks -> 78 crystals.  All right!  Saw an ender way off in distance (from roof of factor lab).  Ran under my 2-high gateway, stared at him.  He warped over, chewed me out, and I grabbed him in safari net.  Now spawning enders!  So quiet, then a little barking sound then arrrrgh ... ender pearl comes out.  Sweet justice!  And with my main tunnel only 2 blocks high, they can't get to me even if they want to.  Neener neener, creepy dudes!

Rock crusher: 34 redstone ore, 4 lapis ore -> 340 redstone + 2 glowstone dust + 48 lapis.  02:00 - 23 ender pearls in grinder chest; looks like they have a stacking limit of 16, I've never had so many that I would have noticed that detail before; take 16 upstairs with me.  Been waiting a long time to puree some of those scary freaks.  Made my day.

###

Comments

Popular Posts