Quickhaven logs 5/16 to 5/17

5/16

After Elementary.  23:15 - Rutt is playing.  Mass fab note: I put it on the LV line, made 6 U dust -> 36 UU -> 4 Ir and 8 UU for stash.  Rutt & I took an expedition to Twilight Forest.  Went to trap lich in bottom floor of his castle, but he was actually out the other side running around in the woods.  I couldn't help due to lag, but Rutt chased him all over and wore him down.  I probably got one good last shot with the mining laser, and Lich was toast.

Then I dismantled the mob grinder from lich tower and moved it to that long deep tunnel to the mob-filled maze.  Rutt came along as the intrepid explorer.  We found the outside of a room made of bedrock, dug up & over it, found maze stone.  Mining laser DOES cut through maze stone.  Rutt ran up into the chaos, got attacked by fire-spitting beetles.  I set up the mob grinder and kept telling him to come back while he was ahead.  A slime-spitting beetle dropped in on me, backed me into a corner.  I went into my usual lag-spin and could hardly hit the side of a barn, but did dispatch him before the damage was too bad (2 hearts even with nano armor on).  Rutt got a lot of neat drops, even found some steeleaf in a chest.  Worth visiting again someday, when my computer can handle combat with 90 mods loaded!

My nano armor was down to about 22%.  Recharge, call it a night.

###

5/17

Mostly cleanup work.  Booklinked to Auckland, dismantled that old temporary xycraft multitank.  Moved the pump back over the head of the well, down a few layers.  Simple liquid transposer woth sitrling engine.  Lost one of my redstone engines during move; it sank in the oil pit.  Even with one wimpy redstone engine, I got 6 cans of oil during a brief visit.  Collected some cocoa pods and cracked a beehive (cool: bees of the same type now stack in chests!) while I was there and put a bed in my house in the village.  Sadly, it looks like the villagers have been killed off again.  I only see one that I locked up weeks ago.  Don't know what happened to the rest of them, as far as I know nobody other than me has visited this place since Rutt's discovery in March.  Oh well, I was hoping to keep one trading outpost viable, as a source of emeralds.  Maybe I should safari net a villager, and spawn a bunch to trade with in a special building in Quickhaven?  That might be a fun experiment.  I could even safari net the spawned guys and put each of them in a separate stall if they have something good to offer.  If they have nothing I can drop them in the grinder.  Optimization is cruel indeeed.  Aww ... now I want to go back and nab that last villager, for my mad science!

After dinner - nope, can't safari net the villagers.  Right-clicking them just pulls up their trade interface.  Shift or Ctrl or other keys don't seem to help.  I did find a few more of them cooped up in Auckland village, though.  None with good trades.  A soul cage can probably spawn them, but what a long process to get to that point.

Skip it.  Try to nab an ender and a pigman.  Socket write errors instead.  Tried some crop crossbreeding, got nothing new.  Ran a few batches of bees in my 2 aviaries.  The common bees really produce nothing useful, and I don't know where to find the rare weird thaumic or extra extra bees.  A bit annoying overall.

01:21 - netted a pigman down in my nether Base Camp, which, oddly, now looks down into the crop room of the guy's nether Man Castle.  So I knocked out a wall to link up the two settlements.  Warped home, put piggie in the spawner/grinder, good revenge for all the trouble they've given me over the years!  Railcraft lab, put 64 coal in coke oven, pull out 32 cans of creosote.  The Fabricators are quick, I dropped 64 rail and 19 railbeds in there and poof, 64+64+32 tracks.  Maybe I'll start putting track in the main tunnel someday.

Earlier I tried putting a stack of 3 jungle wood in front of the MF Harvester (set it to Jungle Wood: No) and attached a bunch of cocoa pods to the stump, but it did not harvest any cocoa.  I moved this faux tree over to my arboretum, will harvest cocoa manually when I need some.  Surrounded the bee & tree lab with wall, it's now officially part of the growing town.  MF Farm: 322 wool in chest, haven't needed any milk but still have that tank full, so that cow gets a rest.  The main cow breeding + chronotyper + grinder is so slow it's useless -- 9 drops total -- though I only hit the guys with wheat a few times; probably needs the auto feeder and way more than 4 adult cows to be useful.  The sewage/composter has made 27 fertilizer now, not bad but not great either, but it's free so okay.  The semifluid gen powering all this still has about 3.5 oil in it.  So none of this seems to use much power.

Made a MF Breeder (needed 2 golden carrots and a golden apple, a bit pricy).  Hooked it up, put 64 wheat in.  Let's see how fast these guys breed.  Stared at an ender in the distance, had my safari net ready; he gave the usual nasty sounds but didn't come over to slap me around.

Spawner/grinder chest: 67 flesh (take 64 out for methane cells), 53 bones, 9 brains, 3 string, 5 spider eyes, 64x3+2 slimes, 2 ender pearls, 64x4+9 magma cream, 10 gold nuggets.  01:57 - now 14 nuggets and 11 flesh.  Hi piggie, squeark, bye piggie, more goodies for me.

Looking at that pile of drops reminded me: time to start on the hunter's handgun.  Barrel done, out of iron again.  Cook some more Fe.  Hammer done.  5 magazines, then the grip (using one magazine).  Finally, the gun.  Now it needs ammo.  Made 16 regular shot.  Filled two magazines with bullets.  Passing the CF farm, I now have 6 calves waiting for doom.  02:17 - 5 calves, 7 beef & 7 leather in chest.  32 fertilizer.  Spawner/grinder has 17 flesh, 19 gold nuggets, spawner out of power.  Mob essence 2-1/2 tanks full, will need a bigger storage system soon - not planning to do any auto-enchanting until the modpack gets updated, since there's a critical bug warning in the wiki about that particular machine.

Funny safari net test, since I can't get near a darn ender.  Grabbed a squid.  Yup, spawns just fine in my dark underground chamber, poof, ink sacs.  Not really worth it, just wanted to see if it would work, back to pigmen in the spawner.  Hey ugly, whatcha doing, squeark, nevermind, thanks for the gold.  Wonder if they will ever spawn with armor and drop extra stuff.  One of them got out into the hallway, not sure how.  I picked him up by safari net and dropped him back in the grind room.  Toast.  23 flesh, 23 nuggets.  Headed to bed now.  The spawner/grinder is a bit overpowered, especially when using slimes or cubes to get an excess of mob essence, but it does take a chunk of work to set up, and going on some dangerous hunts to get specimens.  Some of the twilight forest creatures (kobolds and goblins) could produce good stuff.  Still don't know if it's possible (or insane) to try and grab twilight forest bosses; I'd hate to have them get loose in my nice town! 

Comments

Popular Posts