Quickhaven logs 5/24 - computer cube

5/24 - Lunch trip.  Make 1 batches of 8 luminators, just as useless as I remember them being, and when you break them they're gone, no drop.  A fairly low level of light, too.  I guess you can r-click them with energy crystals to charge them, or put them right on a LV wire.  Bleah.  Factor lab: last crystals done; 11 Au, 8 Cu.  Started a batch of chipsets (incl 4 diamond) on assembly table, made 32 blue and 40 yellow pipewire.  Grinder some enders, grinder chest: 5 Au nuggets, 10 flesh, 15 ender pearls (take 8), 4 arrows, 5 string, 4 gunpowder, 2 bones, 3 brains, 10 spider eyes ... so apparently some random mobs have spawned in the dark room recently.  The bulk of the goodies are now in that row of barrels called the Hall of Mob Droppings.

The immediate goal is to try and start on the GregTech 4th tier of power storage.  But boy the AESU is expensive.  It requires a GregTech Computer Cube, which needs 2 data orbs, and those are made in batches of 4 requiring 24 emeralds, which barely exist in this world.  I can replace that need with 4 diamond autarchic gates, but of course those take forever to make ... diamond chipsets (80,000 MJ each) plus all 4 colored pipe wires (cheap) + 160,000 MJ(!) -> diamond gate, plus pulsating chipset and iron chipset + 80,000 MJ for ONE diamond autarchic gate.  At my current rate that would take 32 minutes each and the 3:1 MJ/EU conversion at the engine would eat up 960,000 EU for one item!  And I need 8 of them?  Seems like a bust.  I've queued up about an hour's worth of lasering, but if I forget to come back in time, by golden pipe will explode again.

If I had one more ghast tear I could make a Tome of Alkahest and double my emeralds at a cost of one lapis block each, also crazy expensive.  I can probably get 2 or 3 more emeralds by trading wheat with that villager in Auckland, but they always seem to switch to a SELL offer after you use up their buy offer, after which the villagers are useless; I would have to dump 6 or 8 emeralds back into them to buy junk I don't need, hoping they will then switch to a reasonable BUY offer and start giving emeralds back.  Screwy system.

Installed the Sludge Boiler up by my MF Harvester.  Drained the glass tanks, got 9 sand, 3 cracked sand, 28 clay, 3 quicksand, 6 dirt.  As for the poisoning effect, looks like the radius is 3 blocks.  So you can stand back just far enough to reach the on/off switch and not get poisoned.  When it does hit, if you flee right away, it does 2-1/2 hearts of damage.  MF Farm: 59 fertilizeer (no, it can't be used like bonemeal either), 42 beef, 27 leather, 8x64 + 19 wool.  Take 64 wool as trade for other players.  Hooked up the Harvester directly to the Sludge Boiler, moved the switch 2 blocks in front of Sludge Boiler for safer activation (and so I can see by the redstone whether the current is on or off).  Planted two saplings, sludge went right into boiler and was processed into more goodies.  When the redstone current is OFF, the boiler runs, when ON the boiler is safe to approach.

Back to Assembly Table (now running MC in the background as I edit some web pages for work).  My chest now has:  2 iron OR gates, 1 diamond ORE gate, 16 pulsating chipsets (I took 8 upstairs to substitute for Advanced Circuits), 2 gates, pipe wire (15 green, 31 blue, 39 yellow, 6 red), 1 iron chipset, 3 redstone chipsets, 2 diamond chipsets.  A good array.  I will have to figure out some kind of gate setup to turn off those engines when they go red, a little tricky since those two engines pump into the same wooden pipe and each has an on/off lever of its own.

#

After Scrabble & other stuff.  11pm.  Just noticed that the assembly table has a little power icon at upper right (at my resolution it appears just under the big index of items).  I thought only thermal expansion had those slide-out displays, anyway it says it's receiving 8 MJ/t and gives the exact progress of current item, in this case 27,000 out of 40,000 MJ.  Rutt logged in.  After some chat and a tour of new stuff, we went on a ghast hunt.  He caught a few ghast tears but then logged out because it was getting late.  I really wanted to catch one in a safari net, got super close a few times, but no go.  I probably need to find one of those rare ghasts that's trapped in a cave, or maybe only their bottom center block counts, like when you go to hit them.  I did kill a few but they all fell in lava or too far off to retrieve.  I did get some nether ores, 2 stacks of soul sand and some other items while there.  Boy the main portal room took a beating and the portal shut down.  But I still have book links to get there and back.  I tested the Hunter's Handgun and found it rather dull: no shooting sound, only a tiny dot for a bullet, couldn't tell if I hit anything; probably much better at close range?

BTW, I can't make the Tome of Alkahest without a wither skeleton skull.  Grr.  I tried out the Treelyzer on some saplings.  Each sapling takes one honey drop, and can be moved from box I through IV for more info.  Nothing interesting came up for my Apple Oak or Silver Birch.

A bit of a useless session.  I did finally go into IC2 lab and make 4 GregTech monitors and 2 Energy Flow circuits.  To finish the GregTech ComputerCube I need 2 Data Orbs, but those are the ones that are a pain to make: need 8 data storage circuits (which use 16 emeralds I don't have) or 8 autarchic diamond gates ... I have 1 diamond gate, not autarchic.  I guess I can make emerald using UU Matter (7 UU in 1-6,8 slots makes 2 emeralds), made 16 emeralds from 56 UU, just enough.   Wrap 8 emeralds around a pulsating chipset = 4 Data Storage Circuits, made 2 batches.  Now, 8 of those around a Data Control Circuit = 4 data orbs.  The DCC is a pulsating chipset, platinum ingot and one more Data Storage Circuit (don't have any more so substitute Autarchic Diamond AND Gate now being lasered out on my assembly table).  So, I could have my ComputerCube by tonight ... but the full AESU needs that Cube surrounded by 8 Lapotronic Energy orbs ... and each of those is 8 lapotron crystals (!) around an iridium plate (!!) [= 48 lapis, 16 circuits, 8 sapphires, 21 UU Matter, 6 refined iron, 8 iTNT].  Seems way cheaper to jusy make 10 MFSUs and chain them together, or maybe just a spare MFSU that charges an Energy Orb every now and then.  Carrying 10 million EU around is still pretty amazing.

But heck, I need an absurdly large industrial project.  I'm thinking I'll hook up the ComputerCube, fiddle with it for now, then gradually make lapotron crystals, an Energy Orb every now and then, and make another ComputerCube when the time finally comes to use it.  Of course, 4 AESUs can make one of those wild Interdimensional Storage Units (IDSU) ... but you need two of those to actually beam energy anywhere.

03:03 - woo hoo, got my GregTech ComputerCube with 2 Data Orbs leftover.  Not so useful as-is.  The pages are: nuclear reactor simulator (I'm not planning one), Electroylzer and Centrifuge and Fusion Reactor recipes (already in NEI), and a little dictionary of info about GregTech blocks.  I will be picking this up and using in the AESU if I ever get to that point.  It's supposed to also graphically display lag somehow, was too tired to check.

Comments

Popular Posts