Quickhaven log 5/28 - drowned! and Tons of recipe changes.

5/28 After dinner - working on clearing the ice, got swept under the ice sheet and drowned.  For a minute or so I froze the water around my head and got some oxygen, but then I was gone.  Saw my drops floating in the ice for a few minutes, tried to break through to them but the ice turned to water and it all fell to the bottom of the ocean.  Huge loss.  Nano armor, mining laser, all my backpacks full of goods.  Oh well, rebuild!  (18:49)  Throw a stack of coal in macerator, make/charge 4 energy xtals.  AESU at 38 million.

Made 3 of my 4 nano armor, but now I can't remake my lithium batpack without a "Plate Bending Machine"!!!  Recipe Update: lithium batcpack now uses Al plate instead of Al ingots.  Holy nuts & bolts, Batman.  Let's see, that new gizmo is 2 compressors, 4 pistons, 2 circuits and a conveyor module.  Argh!  Conveyor module done (19:14), run a fresh batch of pistons and grab stone from my basement.  One compressor done, out of electronic circuits, and HEY, my old El+Al+El electronic circuit (EC) recipe is no longer valid!  I mean, it's totally gone.  Now only the old RS+RI+RS recipe works (for 1 circuit) or "Basic Circuit Board" (new item) + 2 ins Cu wire in "Assembling Machine" (new machine)???  Good thing I had a few ECs stashing in my advanced circuit crafting table.  Switch to old EC recipe, make 2, really eats up copper wire, I always hated that old recipe.  Ok, compressor #2 done, then Plate Bending Machine (19:30).  No problem, more gadgets to play with, but boy are my extensive mod recipe notes going to need updating!

Jotted down all recipes for Plate Bender.  Made 24 Al plate, then 3 lithium batteries.  Now need more lithium cells.  Ground some clay blocks.  Wait.  Reviewed all Industrial Electrolyzer recipes, no apparent changes.  Okay, ran 32 clay dust -> 4 lithium cells (+ other stuff); made 12 Al plate.  Ran silicon cells to Silicon plate right away (needed empty cells back), reviewed all Industrial Blast Furnace recipes, no changes.  6th lithium battery done, lithium batpack done.  Exhausting.  Note to self, do NOT die right after a major modpack update and expect to get your stuff back anytime soon!

What about my rock cutter (my silk touch best friend in the whole world) ... Recipe Update: rock cutter now uses Ti plate instead of steel ingots.  I had exactly 2 Ti ingots left, bend em, add 3 diamond dust, EC and RE battery.  Got my rock cutter back. 

Recipe update: the alternate recipe for 2 RE batteries using Pb dust and H2SO4 cells now uses tin plate instead of tin ingots.  Bent 32 tin plate, made 6 RE batteries from what was on my autocrafter, add one to other autocrafter and got my rock cutter back.

Need to log back into real world, get some work done.

After 11pm.  Email from server admin, said there was a crash, restored from backup.  I joked that if he accidentally undrowned me, that would be okay.  But perfect timing, it's reset to right after I drowned so I have to make the Bending Machine and lithium batpack and rock cutter all over again.  So, I have these 3 lithium batteries and a bunch of clay going in the electrolyzer, RE battery recipe broken, electronic circuit recipe broken, deja vu.  I really need to redo my IC2 lab.  It started with the 3 basic machines on ground floor, added the centrifuge and stuck two electric furnaces in the corner later on; the electrolyzer is on the roof, and all the newer machines are in the basement all sharing one LV line and mostly complaining about not getting enough juice.  Guess I should join the bottom floors together like I did for the 2nd floor, and drop one more LV transformer down about where the middle of the street is now.  I did want to use the vast new spaces beneath the town, though, but it's going to be hard to get power down there without significant loss.

Okay, run thru this again (23:25), grab 2 stacks of clay balls and make blocks, grab stone, redstone, carrots, redwood (run in my pistons automat for 4 pistons), make 3 machine blocks (23:30).  Replace EC recipe, insulate more wire, make 5 ECs, 2 compressors, conveyor module (23:32).  Bending machine (23:33).  Can't worry about rearranging lab now, just hook it up, bend 32 Sn & 32 Al plates.  This time make 32 empty cells so I don't have to keep recycling the few I had.  3 more lithium cells, then lithium batpack done (23:37).  The really annoying thing with having this whole new tier of metal plates, aside from having to redo most of the recipes on my crafting tables, is needing a whole new chest: used to be ores, dusts, ingots was good enough, now add a chest of plates.  Update my RE battery recipe with tin plates, make 6, bend my two Ti ingots into plates, add 3 diamond dust, EC and RE battery, get my rock cutter back (again) (again) (23:40).  With 2 EC and 3 RE batteries to spare.  Might as well finish electrolyzing that clay dust for future cells.  AESU at 37 million.

Joined the two buildings together at ground floor, replaced most of the sand floor with sandstone & chiseled stone brick; kinda funny leaving the original cobble road running straight through the building from one door to the other.  00:55 - pretty nice layout after much fussing.  I brought another LV line down and added the row of machines from basement to the ground floor where the outer wall used to be, this lineup has the wiremill, chemical reactor, plate bender, auto canner, and the two electric furnaces.  Added a chest for plates and a chest for cells.  Recipe updates: thermal, diesel and semifluid generator now use Al plates instead of Al ingots ... I see the pattern here, I bet all GregTech machines use plates instead of ingots now.  Pretty much just an extra nuisance step.  Made an assembling machine (piston, 4 EC, 3 Al plate, conveyor module), it has same exact graphics as the wiremill??  Anyway, I added it to end of my new line of machines.  Now adding all of its recipes to my notes, though (yikes!) there are 93 of them!

BIG Recipe Change: Mixed Metal Ingots are no longer made in rolling machine, now they're just 3 different types of metal plates, shaped crafting, A over B over C.  Check Chemical Reactor recipes, nothing changed.

Check Auto Canning recipes: 215 of them??  Many look new, but I never really looked at it closely before now.

New Recipes: Factorization Mixer now has 194 recipes??   Used to only have about 12, just washing metals.  Many of these are just shapeless craftings, dye mixes and such.  One caught my eye: Nrk: + H2SO4 + FireCharge -> aquaRegia.  The Crystallizer now runs on Aqua Regia NOT H2SO4.

AESU at 59 million.  Need sleep now.

Comments

Popular Posts