Quickhaven logs 5/20 - multifarm

5/20

Lunch break.  Working on forestry multi-farm, first one will be trees only, since that's the default and I need lots of wood, and could use the saplings for biomass.  A bit of a downer that the multifarm won't harvest leaves (for biomass), but I can drop trees in front of my MF Harvester for that.  Anyway, into the Forestry Lab (now just the Forestry half of the joined power station).  Take Thermionic Fabricator out of chest, make 4 Au electron tubes, 16 Sn electron tubes, 6 Sn gears, then put the machine back because of its constant power draw.  MFSU at 10 million -- haven't been using much power lately -- so fill another lapotron crystal, I now have an extra 6 million EU stored in the chest nearby.  Off to ore lab to craft some parts.  Make the minimum 9 farm blocks out of stone brick (+ 2 Cu, 2 wood slabs, 1 tin electron tube each).  Then 4 more for the spcialty blocks: controller, valve, hatch & gearbox.

Other project - 100m west of town, beyond the twilight portal house, there was a dense clump of super-tall spruce trees.  I put a little stone shack at the base a while ago, now I dropped supplies there, built a ladder about 13 blocks up and started a huge wooden deck up there.  The start of my Thaum Tower.  At one point I was thinking of encasing one of the trees in green rockwool and living inside.  Would still look like a tree from outside.  But the actual amount of interior space would have been pretty minimal.

Quick run to deep lava tank, now that I got the pumps running again.  Wow, it filled up to 288k already!  Take 96 cans upstairs, put 64 in the town lava tank (was at 295k) and 36 in the thermal gens.  Biomass tank at 17k, pretty much empty again.

Outside, along road to the twilight portal house, I build a 3x3 multifarm, but it didn't work.  Guess the interior blocks also need to be farm blocks?  So, make 2 more.  Pulv 64 apatite for 4x64 fertilizer to start, plus 34 bonus phosphor, and fertilizer + phosphor = 4 fertilizer, so that's a heck of a supply.

Later ... watched a few tutorial videos and ugh, it looks like the whole 3x3x4 multifarm must be made of farm blocks.  That's going to take a while!  So the smallest farm would need 72 copper, 72 wood slabs, 36 tin electron tubes (9 batches of 4, using 45 tin & 18 redstone), and 36 stone bricks (or other material from the list).  Yup, I ran through another big batch, made solid 3x3x4 chunk of farm blocks (including the few specialty farm blocks), and the black band appeared, interface when I r-click it.  Done.  Made an aqueous accumulator to pull water from the nearby pond -- the watering hole where the skeleton go skinny-dipping every morning, need to put a torch or two in there.  Hooked up the water supply.  Oddly, it starts eating up anything placed in the bottom slots (fertilizer, dirt, etc) before I have even given it any power??  Now I get it, according to wiki, those are output slots, so those probably transferred into the iron chest I hooked up to the hatch.  It just needs a power source now, but I can only guess how much power.  I should probably make another redston energy cell for this, but for now I will use a spare stirling engine.  I'm sure it will be slow but it's okay for now.

Darn it, I made stacks of the brown fertilizer.  The multifarm wants blue fertilizer.  That's just annoying.  Now trying the industrial fertilizer from my MF farm.  I think the MF modder said it was compatible with forestry, and I have 78 of them from the composter.  Nope.  Even check the Forge Lexicon, no conversions available.  So, the brown fertilizer is IC2 fertilizer for the crop-ma-tron, the blue fertilizer is from Forestry, and I don't know what the industrial fertilizer is good for yet!  I whipped up a batch of the blue stuff, put it in the lower left slot of the multi-farm, piled up some dirt and what few saplings I had, and the multifarm laid out the dirt, planted some trees.  One huge fir tree did grow, but after a minute or two I don't hear it harvesting any wood.  Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.  I'm not sure why the interface does not have a bar that shows the current power.  I'm guessing my one measly engine won't be enough.

After Warehouse 13.  23:40 - make circuit boards, tubes, upgrade the 2 electrical engines under IC2 lab that are powering the assembly table.  Grab 7 ender pearls from grinder chest, start making pulsating chipsets.  Even with the upgrades it looks like these will take about 3 minutes per recipe to make.  OTOH, in daylight my power station has no problem keeping up with the power usage.  Town lava tank at 424b, take out 38 for generators.

The multifarm IS slowly harvesting, there are 64+58 redwood logs in chest, now out of fuel.  Pretty much out of tin at this point.  Quick run down the small pit behind the twilight portal house.  Huge apatite deposit near surface, then a large (maybe 20x20) dark chamber; I blocked it off, mined what I could get from the walls, and ran bac to town as night was falling.  Ore: 5 Sn, 16 Cu, 12 Fe, 14 apatite, 1 Al, 5 ruby.  use 5 rich slag to get 15 tin ingots right away.  need a whole lot more though.  I keep forgetting tin is fairly near sea level, and I won't find it on my deep digs.

00:15 - Weird, I was in IC2 lab, looking up recipes from Soul Shards mod, was interrupted by the sound of a creeper blast, and my character even seemed to lurch.  But no damage to me, and all machines are fine as far as I can tell.  Okay, my electrical engines say "Engine has overheated and is forced into cooldown."  I've never seen that before.  I have 14 finished pulsating chipsets.  Now the engines are running again, but lasers are dead.  I don't know, the assembly table is really just a pain in the rump.

00:21 - Multifarm: put 30 coal coke in the engine, take 2x64 redwood logs out of chest, drop off at sawmill; it has only used 3 fertilizer so far.  One odd note: twice I have added flowers to my IC2 crop area, and both times the whole area got eaten by weeds; all other crops seem stable and can be ignored for long periods with no fertilizer or bug spray needed.  Railcraft lab: grab 48 creosote cans from coke oven, it was full and not making any more coal coke; drop off cans near MFSU (still at 10 million).

00:55 - What the heck, I try everything eventually: made a Soul Forge, cooking 2 gold with corrupted essence to make a vile sword; note that one piece of essence was able to cook 2 ingots with a tiny scrap of energy left over.  Put 8x3 coal coke in the spawner/grinder, whack some more endermen.  Since there are two engines powering the spawner and one generator powering the 2 grinders, I try to put equal fuel in all 3, so they will run the same span of time.  Don't want to leave any enders behind down here.  Grinder chest: 50 flesh, 28 pearls, 56 bones, 10 brains, 4 string, 8 spider eyes, 50 gunpowder, 197 slimes, 4 ink sacs, 64x4+9 magma cream, 46 gold nuggets, 5 arrows.  Time to make some barrels -- this should me the hallway of mob droppings.

01:11 - Multifarm: still 20 coal coke in engine, in chest: 32 redwood logs, 7 sand, 10 oak logs, 28 birch logs; still 59 blue fertilizer in machine.  Pretty good output.  I rounded off the platform, the whole surface got autoplanted with dirt.  It uses too many saplings for my taste.  I go up the ladder, whack half the saplings and hack the floating leaves with my chainsaw, for my ongoing biomass shortage.

01:30 - MF Farm: 3700mb of oil still in generator; 7*64+9 wool (take 9 out); 24 beef and 20 leather; 12 ind fertlizer.  Put 26 wheat in the breeder.  IC2 lab: split a stack of sphalerite and a stack of pyrite, run 32 advanced alloy for future use, and 3 UU upstairs.  Make 2 ender tanks.  01:35 - Multifarm: 15 coal coke left; 32 redwood logs, 12 sand, 10 spruce logs, 47 birch logs in chest.  Mde 15 barrels, redid the outside wall of tiny sawmill as a series of barrels for log storage.  Went down to spawner/grinder tunnel and there were about 6 enders grunting away in the kill room.  Threw a few logs in generator and they went away with much noise and pleasure.  I added 7 barrels across the hall from the grinder, and this is now officially the Hall of Mob Droppings.  Yeah, the items aren't going to end up in perfect alphabetical order, but it sure does look neat, and it's easy to find the items I need when I need 'em.  Interestingly the barrels maintain the same stack limits, so for ender pearls it shows 4x16+15 (79) instead of a number of 64s.  ;-)  Off to bed now.

Comments

Popular Posts