Quickhaven logs 4/29-4/30

4/29

Lunch run. Ore lab: made 3rd iron chest so I can do my usual split: Ores, Dusts, Ingots.  Grinders had 49+50 coal done, drop in 32+32 coal ore (the last of my hoard).  Pulv all my bauxite (80 Bx: + bonus 6 Al:) for titanium.  IC2 lab: MFSU at 8.2M.  Run bauxite in IndElect.  While waiting for bauxite, some quick cosmetic stuff, ring a few buildings with dirt (just breaks the monotony of the desert) ... level on small area, get 2x64+54 sand.  Done: 40 Al:, 10 tp Ti:, 25 H cells, 15 air cells -- empty out air cells & run another batch.

Mining laser recipe ... nerfed again.  I have my 2 Ti, but forgot about the 360k helium coolant cell.  Here's the pathway: 16 glow dust + 1 cell in IndCent = 8 RS, 8 S: and ONE HeCell (125 kEU) (You can also make He Cells from 16 endstone, but I'm not going to The End any time soon.);  HeCell surrounded by 4 Sn = 60k Helium coolant cell; 3 of those across the middle plus 6 Sn = 180k Helium Coolant Cell; 2 of those plus Dense Copper Plate and 6 Sn = 360k Helium Coolant Cell.  Okay, Dense Copper Plate is 8 copper in Compressor or Rolling Machine; made one of those.  So I need HOW much helium? Looks like 6 cells, which means I have to burn through 96 glowstone dust, and 36 tin??  Crikey, that's a naughty one.

Run 16 Al and my 4 Ti in IndBlast.  Change autocrafter for electronic circuits to use the Electrum+Al recipe for 2X the output.  I have plenty of aluminum and silver to support that, just need to put in a little gold here & there.  Don't forget, Al dust can be smelted in the Railcraft blast furnace too, without using any EU (just coal coke), drop off 64 over there.  Try a new recipe for fun: Ins Cu wire over Hg Cell over RS = 32 single-use batteries, easy little bit of energy if you've got lots of extra stuff laying around.  MFSU at 5.7M.

Railcraft lab: 32 coal coke done, put in blast furnace with 64 Al dust.  Take 12 creosote to power plant, run down for 64 lava cans, lava is STILL pumping from that river I tapped.  MFSU, double-check, solar panels show daylight but NO power is being generated.  After all that work?  Look into that.  8 carbon plate ready, run 12 adv alloy, drop 32 plantballs in compressor, 16 glowstone in IndCent (apparently one of those very slow recipes ... ugh 1,250 seconds), log out.

Afternoon - quick visit, R was there, afraid to leave the house, kept telling me to get in bed so the night would be over.  But I was 1500m away in far village (Auckland) building a xycraft tank (256b capacity) and pumping out that little oil gusher just outside of town.  No bed around.  She said I should bring a bed with me at all times, I said that my whole town (where she was hiding) was safe and I hadn't seen a monster there in weeks.  Why don't I make a bed?  Because I don't need a bed 1500 blocks from home.  (No point getting into the detail of the bed resetting your spawn point.)  I even said I'd log off for a minute or two, and then her bed would work.  Logged back on, still night.  What happened?  Her bed was in the other house, and she couldn't go outside!  Then she called me a scairdy cat for not having a bed at all times.  I can work safely outside when needed, and know how to avoid the mobs.  That's not fear.  The mobs are mostly just a nuisance with nothing to offer.  Except of course in the Twilight Forest where it's designed as a real adventure.  Anyway, I got that tank setup.  I have to say, having an 8-year-old in the game can sure be funny!

Quick detour, I ran a cobble road off to my little wiz tower.  The altars were doing the same weird thing: #1 and #2 gave me glowstone, #3 gave nothing.  I broke #3 and moved it a bit, maybe 3 in a row triggers some code that keeps it from producing.

----

After Defiance and Warehouse 13 ... a bit brain dead (mostly a computer maintenance & file backups day), dug a basement under my HQ.  Future storage.  Ran down for 2x64 lava cans, still pumping in.  Added Altar of Light #4.  Yes, #3 is producing again now that I moved it away from the other two.  Quick mining run on level 44, ores: 64+35 coal, 7 Cu, 1 Ir (!), 2 Fe; also 2 amber, some xy.  Pulverizer 2x64 coal for carbon plate.  Drop 35 coal ore in grinders (made 62+55 coal).  Run my one iridium ore thru pulverizer, got 2 iridium balls (also called iridium Ore) as expected.  MFSU at 8.2M, recharge batpack.

Railcraft lab: 64 coal coke done (add 64 more coal), 48 Al cooked.

IC2 lab: make 2 generators + 4 carbon plate each for 2 windmills.  (16 more carbon plate ready in compressor), make 14 reinforced glass (RGl).  Make 4 advanced circuits, use 2 to complete my first gas turbine, stash the others.  Hook up turbine up top, add 20 H cells.

Liquid lab: holy cow the fermenter is fast when fed full power, it seems to take 32 MJ/t.  To make biomass from compressed plants takes about 1.5 seconds each.  Biomass away!  Limiting factor is now how fast the water gets fed in.  But I got 40 cans of biomass in about 2-3 minutes.  I know that's only 8k EU each, but that's 320k EU with hardly any effort.  not sure what the net gain is, after the power that went into making it though.

Railcraft lab: 6 coal coke done (grab 38 cans of creosote for fuel), last 16 Al of that batch cooked.  No Fe to spare for steel right now.  Back to IC2 lab: MFSU at 8.1M with lava, H cells and creosote loaded.  Tired eyes, call it a night.

###

4/30

Busy day.  Brief dinner-time visit, made Squeezer, Carpenter.  Setup quick forestry lab on 2nd floor of Center Lab  using Energy Bridge again (because those are so darn cool), put little 2x2 water source and (new) Aqueous Accumulator on roof, pipe down water into the Fermenter (moved here from liquids lab).  On first floor, I moved the few computercraft autocrafters and the minefactory chest out of the way and moved the Sawmill there from Ore Lab.  Yes, it's Thermal Expansion mod, but it ain't ore processing.  Plan on adding another Sawmill someday.

For fun I created and filled a Redstone Energy Cell, charged it up in the Liquids Lab.  Put it on roof of IC2 lab with new Magma Crucible, turn nethrrack to lava, pump directly into Thermal Generator.  But DUH, I hit the old generator with my pick to move it over one block, and lost it (just got Machine Parts back).  Scrambled and mined a bit to replace it.

After 9pm 90-minute conference call about busted website ... then 93-year-old neighbor fell and called Life-Alert, and I had to go over and get her up, see if she needed paramedics, and get her in bed.  THEN a chance to relax a little!  Okay, power station: MFSU at 10M!  Tweak those non-generating solar panels; by running them thru a batbox I do receive power.  I guess their tiny current was all being lost on the way to MFSU?  Over just 9-10 lengths of gold wire??  Anyway, batbox takes the trickle and outputs real packets.  Redstone cell depleted, processed 55 of 64 netherrack, not a bad system.  If I could run it straight off the EU power grid, I wonder how much excess energy I would get?  Looks like 1 MJ costs about 2.5 EU to produce using the Energy Bridges.

23:40 - quick run, harvest 41 sugar cane, chop 10 rubber trees for 61 rubber wood, 61 rubber drops, 18 spare saplings.  Processing.  Redstone cell recharged, put back on roof, MFSU at 8.9M.

00:36 - long run down by the lava tank, punch through to a new lava pond with deep caves.  Ores: 9 Pb, 3 GrnSaph, 6 Saph, 1 Cinnabar, 1 Sn, 11 Nik, 1 Lapis, 4 Ferrous, 11 Ag, 22 Au (!), 11 redstone, 28 Fe (yay), 53 coal.  IC2 lab: soul sand in indCent finished: 30 sand, 3 coal dust, 12 saltpeter dust, 3 oil cells.  MFSU at 10M, but drop off 62 lava cans and 3 oil cans anyway.  01:05 - harvest one big fir tree, grab 3 glowstone from altars (once again the last altar produces nothing).  Forestry Lab - make 3 impregnated casings for apiaries.

01:35 - make full set of nano armor!  Quick nether run (Base 3), just needed netherrack for power station - got 2x64+36.  Also 11 glowstone blocks so I can keep working on my mining laser: run 3x16 glow dust, that should give me the 6 He cells I need.  Make one 180k He coolant cell out of my 3 He cells plus 18 Sn.  One down, one to go.

###

Comments

Popular Posts