Ultimate RealLife - broken tent blues

3/28

After some research, it turns out that the technology mod in this modpack is Electrical Age.  I watched a few mod spotlights and it looks good.  I got a kick out of one youtuber who mispronounced "electrical" as "electronical" EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Too funny how so many presenters can't pronounce reasonably simple words.

Then I was reminded of all the ways that video games can be disruptive.  I was watching videos until 3:30am (I have been trying to get to bed around one, especially considering the nasty head cold I've got), and I laid there for a long time thinking "I should build THIS next" and "no, build THIS next".  I'm supposed to go hang out with some friends for lunch but just want to expand my buildings.  In this case, at least I can say I'm trying not to spread germs!  I wanted to record a video of my adventures in this new world, but my voice is all crappy today and it's really not exciting -- it's a lonely world with no castles or lairs to raid, no other players, just stuff to build.

And of course, after the cats woke me up at 7am like usual, I realized there was no autocrafting table that I knew of in this modpack.  Seriously, you can't have a modern or futuristic world without factories making stuff.

Funny side note: every now and then when I have trouble sleeping, I picture some Minecraft factory of mine and instead of counting sheep, I try counting the little things that come out of the machines.

The launcher asked if I want to upgrade the modpack.  No, not yet.

Fought some morning slimes (10 slime balls), tested some food (bacon heals 3 sticks of hunger, lettuce or tomato heals 1, lettuce leaves can't be eaten directly).  One important note for getting started with technology.  There ARE no rubber trees.  You have to make "tree resin collectors" out of wood (- - -/ Wd - Wd / - Wd Wd), then attach them to any tree or log.  They slowly fill up with resin (takes 5-6 minutes each), right-click to collect the resin, which you cook to make rubber.  Good idea!

Clearing the top of my little lair, I though it would make a good 13x13 platform for a 3 or 4 story building.  But of course it's an irregular mess like most early survival hole-in-the-wall builds.  Still, a reasonable challenge.  Right now there's about an 8x10 roofed space set into a hillside with an 8x8 cobble platform over the adjoining pool of water.  I have a few plants growing around my covered pool.  Farming in a slime-infested swamp will be a challenge.

Chopped one tree down, got: 120 leaves, 2 apples, 11 saplings.  Quite the renewable resource in this game.  Now there are actual uses for leaves:
3 Lvs / 3 Lvs = 4 oak hedges
3 Lvs / Stk - Stk / Stk - Stk = Tent
- Lvs - / 3 Lvs / - FlowerPot - = Christmas tree

The tent looked cute, so I made one ... but I couldn't place it anywhere on the ground?

##

Comments

Popular Posts