FTBUnleashed - minimu, forcicium and obscure things

4/17 FTB Unleashed

Figured out why my cow farm kept hurling leather at me and not getting any mob essence ... breeder and grinder were disconnected from power.  Duh.  Did a fun big build at Axum: from my cactus/sugarcane farm, I added 4 coke ovens, where sugarcane -> sugar -> sugar charcoal (+ creosote) -> sugar coke (+ creosote), and cactus -> cactus charcoal (+ creosote) -> cactus coke (+creosote).  Also diverted some cactus to a furnace for cactus green -> pipe waterproof.  All set up, already have over a stack of each coke type.

At Beaumont, tried to automate the weird minium stone recipes, but the auto worktable won't take a minium stone in any slot!  Also noticed that the endless blaze rod recipe was removed (pulverize 1 blaze rod for 4 blaze powder, minium + 2 blaze powder back into a blaze rod).  Anyway, I set up the recipes on a worktable: minium + 2 logs = obsidian (VERY helpful), minium + 4 obsidian = iron, minium + 8 iron = gold, minium + 4 gold = diamond.  Also minium + 4 iron = ender pearl.  SO yeah, my logger could be making diamonds, but it's really inconvenient.  Endless source of obsidian though!  Just no way to automate these recipes.  The logistics crafting table seems to do nothing, any attempt to pump out goods just drains its inventory, and it ate a minium stone entirely.  Bleah.

Trying to map out room near that auto tree farm to do some real processing.  Bare minimum, I should be able to divert some oak logs to burn into charcoal to run a generator to power the system.  It gets by on just 5 MJ/t from my redstone cell, surely only a trickle of IC2 power should keep it going.

Okay, cow farm now has 13 beef and 102 leather (taking 64 home), about 2 buckets of essence.  Got 84 scrap while pondering how to do this build.

Back at Axum I have 2x64+17 cactus coke and 64 sugar coke, maybe 8 buckets of creosote.  Take scrap up to UU lab, MFSU has only 4.5 million EU.

Added recipe for MFE and glass fibre cable to my IC2 worktables, they're now full with 8 recipes each.  Great timesaver.  Hooked up a generator to my sugar coke line and a generator to my cactus coke line, run up to an MFE, charging away.  That was a heck of a technology build (somewhat low-tech but okay), really nice when it all works as planned.  Almost 100K EU already.  Running 2 stacks of sugar/cactus coke up to MFSU powering the UU lab, yeah it's only 256K EU but it's a good backup supply for when the solars are down at night.  44 more scrap was generated, should get 2 UU out of it.  Leave recycler with about 4 stacks to chew on.  MFSU steady at around 3.2 million.

I ended the night with some tunnelling, out to 0,0 headed to 150,0 and down to 150,150 and back to main tunnel at 0,150.
Just noticed that monazit ore (which I had considered useless because I have no interest in the Modular Force Fields mod) can pulverize into 8 forcicium, each of which acts as scrap in the mass fabricator, for making UU matter.  Though, sadly, it take 34 scrap or forcicium to make one UU.  Got back to town and my coke MFE has 436,000 EU -- heck, I can recharge my mining laser here (200kEU) and leave my base's power supply alone (it's struggling at 342kEU).  Ooh, the cactus/sugar grew almost full grown, turn on trickle of power to hervest it all.

##

Comments

Popular Posts