FTBUnleashed - planter crashed the world

4/18 FTB Unleashed

Took my two spare energy crystals, moved power from my sugar/cactus MFE to my main lab MFE.  Handy.  Put 20 monazit ore in pulverizer, got 160 forcicium, which I am using as power boost in my mass fabricator, same as scrap, uses 34 units to make one UU matter.  Draining an energy crystal happens at the same rate as power is used by the mass fab and recycler on an LV line.  Got 5 UU matter, then one more from scrap.

##

4/19 FTB Unleashed

A really fun build.  I went out to the Beaumont farm, and I had been wondering where I could possibly find space to sort and process the harvests.  While trying to sleep last night I realized that I could put the 9x9 farms up on top of pillars: 6 blocks off the ground, lots of room to move, and no chance of the harvester hacking my wooden house apart when I'm not looking, room for some machines and sorting right under it, more processing below ground when I need it.  Took a while, and I did cheat myself a few items to save an hour.  But finally, I had one 9x9 farm on a pillar, meant to grow only trees.  And another 9x9 farm on a pillar, meant for veggies and grains only.  I thought it would be fun to power one using buildcraft power (redstone energy cell), and power the other one with IC2 power (MFE and generators).  But, when looking at the Planter's inventory, I got fatal crashes two times in a row.  "Ticking memory connection" error, makes no sense.  Maybe that machine has an issue with IC2 power?

Anyway, challenging build went exactly as planned, major upgrade, all hooked up, sharing one sludge boiler.  Huge output.  Strange gaming fun.

;-)

##

4/20 FTB Unleashed

I was able to crash the game a few more times by r-clicking on the planter and trying to add items to its inventory, even the planter powered by redstone conduits.  Then it crashed just trying to render its inventory and grid area.  So, I whacked the two planters and stored them in chests for now.  It's a lot less productive if I have to replant by hand, but you know, if you stick 80 saplings in the ground it stays active for a long time.  Farm side is much less impressive, unless I turn the Fertilizer on, but then it used whole stacks of fertilizer to cause instant growth for some % of the crops.  Maybe I will convert them both to trees, one for vanilla trees for processing and one for rare ones.

I cheated myself a ghast spawn egg, got in the tiny grinder chamber with it, and snagged the big guy in my last safari net.  Yay, secured a supply of ghast tears, now I can go collect creatures from all dimensions.

I ran out to Basra, and a villager sold me 6 apiaries for 3 stacks of wood.  Score!  Blasted a tunnel from there back to my desert base.  Spent some time tunneling a grid in the Twilight Forest, at 20y every 100 blocks, then some strip-mining at 5y, came home with about 40 diamond ore, heaps of other stuff.  So, stocked up on diamond again!

Made a new worktable with tesseract recipes.  In this early version of Thermal Expansion, they're pretty simple: 4 hardened glass, 4 tin, and a diamond for the frame.  No crazy enderium ore to make.  But they have to be attuned to either energy, item or liquid, whereas the newer more difficult-to-make tesseracts can do all 3.

My spawner/grinder chest now has: 34 coal (from redcap goblins), 4 gold, 2 copper, 48 bones, 1 string, 19 gunpowder, 64+38 slime, 33 blaze rods, 4 paper and 3 book & quill (death tomes), 8 flesh, 2 spider eyes, 6*64+17 magma cream (I already used a bunch to make a blast furnace), 9 flame string, 16 ghast tears, 5 arrows (taken).  The odd items came from a spoils bag dropped by a redcap goblin, and out of 32 of them, that was the only spoils bag ... so those guys are a bit of a waste.  3 tanks of mob essence, overflowing back into the pipes, 375mB left in grinder.  Need a bigger tank.

So I started on a tank farm in the middle floor of my cliff under my IC2 crop->ethanol farm.  Room for about 8 of the 3x3x7 railcraft tanks in there -- I made 4, started moving mobe essence, ethanol and biomass in there.  A bit annoying that the liquid transposer only recognizes certain combinations of liquids and cans/buckets.  So I can hook up regular tanks and autarchic gates to empty them, but unless I force wrench the tanks, I lose any cans I use transporting liquids around.

Made my first two energy tesseracts, need a bunch of liquid tesseracts and a few chunk loaders and pumps to gather oil and lava and beam it home.

By the way, DO NOT type /clear thinking it will clear the chat window.  It clears your ENTIRE INVENTORY.  All GONE.  So I spent a while cheating back the backpacks and stuff I was holding, but had to remake my tinker's construct custom tools: my self-repair silk touch pick, my self-repair 40/450 lucky pick, and my self-repair beheading broadsword.  Eek, that was a setback.

I still have tons of things to build and explore.  Have only done a few bees, only two basic forestry trees, no butterflies, no genetics -- watched a few hours of videos on these things and they still make minimal sense to me.  I need a big IC2 powersource, want to make the next tier of advanced solar panel but it looks like I need over a stack of UU matter, which will take over a week to make at my current pace.  I may have to drop a line of generators up at the MFSU for now, and just pack them with coal coke, put the mass fab on MV power for a while, and crank out the UU.  Need to setup a better power station, probably a line of 3 rows of 5 magmatic engines getting endless power from a pump in the Nether, going into an energy tesseract I can tap into from anywhere.  I wish this version of Thermal Expansion had the 3 tiers of energy cells, but there's just the 600kMJ basic energy cell.  I can think of even more projects and weird goals after that: auto-enchanter, filling each new tank with its 860b of liquids; have done no Thaumcraft or Soul Shards (not sure if that's installed) yet, no enchanting of my own (only has the vanilla random enchanting which I loathe), no potions (I only ever use fire resistance).  So: collecting bees, collecting trees, maybe an enclosed aviary I can fill with birds and critters caught in twilight forest, collecting butterflies.  Maybe an even bigger, higher-tech base.  Endless possibilities...

##

Comments

Popular Posts