FTBUnleashed - how about advanced solars?

4/12 FTB Unleashed

Quiet run.  Replaced my energy cell at my Beaumont farm, dug a few more tunnels along my 150x150 grid.  Carved out two floors in my thaum tower area.

The output chest at my auto farm is at: 650 oak logs, 158 spruce logs, 392 birch logs, 14 amaranth, 31 tiger wood, 7*64+37 eucalyptus, 42 apples (take 40), 14 rubber; saplings (separate chest now): 2*64+59 oak, 76 willow, 29 rubber, 64 eucalyptus, also 7 wheat (move to cow pens), 46 barley seeds, 9 seeds.  Plus whatever I put back into the planter.  All from a 9x9 plot on minimal power.  No obvious lag either.  Turn on "shear leaves" briefly, got 3 stacks to put into hopper over the recycler.  And the sludge boiler output chest has: 56 dirt, 55 sand, 5 soul sand, 5 mycelium, 2*64+44 clay balls, 7 tainted earth, 9 heat sand, 7 peat.  Recycler has made 64+16 scrap.  Pretty darn productive.  Not sure what to do with it all.

Has a rendering  crash while trying to mine obsidian.  Reload, no problem, got 18.  Cooked 10 for hardened glass to make redstone energy conduits, got 28 now, start wiring up the new power lab over sawmill.

##

4/14 FTB Unleashed

Well, I did some night sessions rolling some video.  In my BigDig+Harvestcraft world I started moving all my Harvestcraft stuff out by the big barn, so that the rest of the world will be effectively BigDig.  While there I made a grid of dirt blocks separated by 7 blocks each, so I could add a sign, a tree and ultimately a crate of fruit from each known tree type.

Back in FTB Unleashed (Axum world) I did a heap of updates.  Found that if I open the inventory window and start typing "WATER" without clicking the search text box first, I can always get a rendering crash.  Not sure which key causes it, but oops.  Spent over 2 hours getting my butt kicked in the nether, including one death where I got hit by lava while in my inventory screen, all looking for a nether fortress so I could find one measly nether wart.  Got it.

Setup a MFR mob spawner & grinder.  Always fun.  Also built a nether building in the town of Axum, with a secret passage down to the nether portal, then remembered that Mystcraft was installed, so I made linking books to get to the nether fortress and back.

Now, looking at advanced solars:
[COMPRESSOR] U = Refined uranium (RefU)
4 Gd around RefU = Irradiant uranium (IrrU)
3 UU / 3 Gd / 3 UU = sunnarium (Sun)
UU / Gd / UU = Sunnarium part (Sun-)
8 iridium plate / Sun = Sunnarium alloy (SunA)
8 irrU around Sun = Enriched sunnarium (ESun)
4 ESun around SunA = Enriched sunnarium alloy (ESunA)

"H" of Glass + 2 AA = 7 reinforced Glass (RGl) {IC2}
3 RGl / irrU Gd irrU / 3 RGl = 6 irradiant glass pane (IGP)

Ir AA Ir / AA D AA / Ir AA Ir = Iridium Plate (Ir#) {IC2}
8 RI around Ir- = IridiumIron Plate (II#)
AA CP AA / CP II# CP / AA CP AA = reinforced IridiumIron Plate (RII#)
RS Sun- RS / Lap RII# Lap / RS D RS = irradiant reinforced plate (IrR#)

3 IGP / AA Solar AA / AC IrR# AC = Advanced Solar Panel (ASP)
CP Lap9 CP / Ir ASP Ir / AC Sun AC = Hybrid Solar Panel (HSP)
- Lap9 - / CoalChunk ASP CoalChunk / ESunA CoalChunk ESunA = Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel (UHSP)
8 HSP around AC = UHSP

I wrote those up a few years ago, just wanted to see which recipes are available in this modpack.  Eek.  High-end stuff!
I set up a few steps on a worktable, real stumbling point is iridium, need about a stack of UU-matter for even the low tier one of these.

I setup a basic Applied Energistics network in my home base.  ME Controller, ME Drive (1k and 4k chips), ME Crafting Terminal.  Uses 11 units/tick of energy, essentially nothing.  My brain would still like to see items separated in some logical way, like having one network of all stone/dirt/blocks, one network of all ores/dusts/ingots, one netowkr of all woods, one network of all crops and plants.  Etc.  Just looks sloppy having them all junked together in one massive heap, no matter how nice the search function is!  Anyway, with about 1200 blocks in there, my 1k chip is about 50% full.  Mostly metals, wires, cables, quartz.  I haven't dumped my 10,000 plus hoard of cobble and junk from my barrels yet.  May not do so.  Will have to sleep on it.

Comments

Popular Posts