Ultimate RealLife 3/28 modpack updates

1.90 Update?

Oops, I clicked Okay when it asked me to upgrade. 

Wow.   Once again it's over an hour to download the zip file from within the launcher.

While waiting, I had time to grab three 12 minute interviews from a local radio show (Close-Up on San Diego Business on KCBQ), get screen grabs of their website, and compose videos to be posted on youtube (one of my freelance jobs).  And then I described a bunch of lots to post on craigslist.  Aaaaaaand the zip file is still only 60% downloaded.  That's crazy.  There aren't even a lot of mods here.  Other modpacks I've run had over 100 mods, this one has barely 40.  I wonder which mod is the beast.  Electric Age and Steve's Carts both have a lot of custom models.  I wonder ...

Think I'll go for a walk!

And I had time to download my latest ebay sales and copy the info to my spreadsheets.

Ultimately failed to download 1.90.  Screw it, stick with 1.85 for now.

Missing blocks upon load but they're all gun boxes and ammo and junk I won't use.

World looks okay.  Eek, full set of mobs out tonight.  THink I'll explore the cave below my base instead.

Uh oh, about 1/4 of the items in my chest vanished, including my tungsten ore, tomatos, lettuce.  Oh well, I can always find more junk.  Umm, my mini map is gone, inventory tweaks not showing, and my tree resin collectors have vanished.  That's a bummer.  Guess I will try the update again.

Hey now it's version 2.00 and the download is zooming along.  Only took about 45 seconds this time.



So, here's modpack 2.00:

Minecraft 1.7.10

-CodeChicken Core 1.0.4.29
-Forge Mod Loader 7.10.85.1226
-Minecraft Coders Pack 9.05
-Minecraft FOrge 10.13.1.1226
-Not Enough Items 1.0.3.74
-Optifine 1.7.10 HD A4
-Player API 1.1
-RadixCore 1.3.0
-Smart Core 1.0

-Archimedes Ships 1.7.1
-AssassinCraft r127f
-BiblioCraft 1.9.2
-ClothingCraft 1.0
-CustomNPCs 1.7.10
-Damage Indicators 3.2.0
-Decocraft v1.11_1.7.10
-Electrical Age BETA-1.9 r41
-Flan's Mod 4.7.0
-Gliby's Voice Chat Mod 0.4.0
-MC Helicopter 0.9.3
-Minecraft Comes Alive 4.1.1
-MoarFood 5.0.5
-MrCRayfish's Furniture Mod 3.4.7
-NGTLib 1.7.12.4 -> 1.7.10.4
-RealTrain Mod 1.7.10.7
-Rei's Minimap 3.6
-Ropes+ 1.6.3
-SmartMoving 15.2
-Smart Render 2.0
-Steve's Carts 2  2.0.0.b16
-The Kitchen Mod 1.2.3
-URLRPBuildingGenerator 0.0.1
-Virus Mod 1.0.0 ModJam 4

No versions have changed??

My Minimap is back, I replaced my 4 Tree Resin Collectors.  Fixed a few key bindings.  For Rei Minimap I typically use X, but some weird display was coming up instead.  Turns out that weird display was the Electric Age internal wiki, which describes all the items and machines.  Hit X to see that by default.  Very handy.

Darn, I had 6 rubber drops, but they're gone.  Collecting more ... grr.  Checking: I was right, there IS no autocrafting machine that I can find.  Closest thing is a crafting add-on for Steve's Carts.

I moved my crops out to a 9x9 plot by the water's edge, moved my underground sugar cane out to the lakeside.  Few zombies.  Got my first 4 rubber drops again.  I hope those blocks don't get erased again!

Got a bunch done.  I get a kick out of excavating roads then using all that dirt to expand my village land, replacing water blocks.  My fenced-in area is about triple what it was when I went to bed last night.  I straightened out the roof of my lair, added two stories 10x8.  Pretty modest, but growing.  One zombie dropped a potato, another dropped a carrot, so ... big boost to my feeble agriculture ... I'm replanting those, and now have most of my little farm plot filled with renewable foods.

... break ...

I see a possible problem.  I think when I had that reload issue, it removed all the Electric Age ores from my world.  I have been tunneling and get none of them, and saw some empty ore-sized pockets where they might have been.  So, to find those ores I will now have to travel to some newly-generated chunk.  Frustrating.  I wanted to start testing Electric Age gadgets, but will now have to walk a few hundred blocks and start digging from scratch.

I think I will try a different modpack, maybe Tekkify.


NOPE!  Tekkify didn't even load, Minecraft just quietly shut down before it ever got to the home screen.

... after 9pm ...

So, let me test and see how far I have to go to find the copper, lead, tungsten ores.  I always said some resources should be restricted to certain areas -- otherwise, we can get stuck in our one small are and never leave -- well, now I have a chance to see how well it goes.

First test: started diggin 220m away, and no problem, there was copper not far down, and some twsty caves to follow.  I dug down to lava layers, came home with ores: 70 Cu, 30 Fe, 8 Pb, 8 W.  So, I still like the idea of some areas being short of certain items, so I'm forced to travel a bit.  I did cheat myself 50 torches and a diamond pick, to make up for the inconvenience of losing so much stuff.

Quick run to sandy clay cliffs to grab 90 sand, for glass windows.  I have two tiny starts of bases up in the banded cliffs.  They're made out of dyed hardened clay, very pretty.  One of those little firebugs dropped an egg labeled "span replicator".  Weird.

Made 6 Cu cable and then 2 machine blocks.  Woo hoo.  First bit of technology beyond the iron age.  Now ... power options?  6 Cu thermal cable.  Combustion chamber (4 stone in diamond shape) then Stone Heat Furnace.  12 low voltage cable, electrical motor, 50V turbine.  Just need a battery to store the output in, and I think this is the most basic setup: Stone Heat Furnace into thermal cables to turbine, LV cables from turbine to battery or machines.  Made a 50V macerator, its recipes are:
    Cu@ -> 2 Cu:    4 kJ
    Fe@ -> 2 Fe:    6 kJ
    Au@ -> 2 Au:    12 kJ
    Pb@ -> 2 Pb:    8 kJ
    W@ -> 2 W:    8 kJ
    C -> 2 C:    4 kJ
    Ch -> 2 C:    4 kJ (yes, charcoal to coal dust)
    Sand -> Si:    12 kJ (only source of Silicon)
    Cin -> Cin:    8 kJ
    Cu -> Cu:    2 kJ
    Fe -> Fe:    2 kJ
    Au -> Au:    2 kJ
    Pb -> Pb:    2 kJ
    W@-> W:        2 kJ
    Cob -> Grv    4 kJ
    Grv -> Fl     4 kJ
    Dirt -> Sand    4 kJ
All familiar recipe types from the IC2 macerator and other similar machines from other mods.
Hooked up Stone Furnace to turbine to macerator, added some coal.  It started off okay, went very slowly, not sure it even processed one ore.  Then exploded.  Machines survived, half the cables.  Took out only a 2x2 patch of cobble and some brand new windows.

My little food cache: 2 tomato, 1 strawberry, 8 corn, 1 rice, 23 wheat, 8 sugar cane, 12 mushrooms, 2 apples, 4 cabbages, 4 potatos, 1 carrot, 3 black pepper seeds, 14 seeds.

Some recipes:
    each crop -> matching seeds
    black pepper seeds -> ground pepper (used on various meats)
    4 rice and 4 salted seaweed around meats -> various sushi
    corn + butter = opened corn
    hot milk + butter = cheese block
    8 wheat around butter = 6 pizza dough
    cabbage -> 4 lettuce (Strange world)
    seeds / stick / feather = 4 seed arrows (??)

Whoa, a creeper showed up behind me in my lair (bottom floor), blew up my ore chest but it looks like everything survived.  My fence door was closed, I have to assume he came up the stairs.  Eek.

Comments

Popular Posts