FTBUnleashed 4/6 episode

4/6 FTB Unleashed (Axum world)


I edited down BigDig episodes 47 to 52.  My worlds always seem so primitive, and develop so slowly compared to an expert like Direwolf20 (my favorite video adventurer of all).  BY the time he gets to an episode 60, he's got almost every possible machine and a huge Applied Energistics network with synthesis chamber and over 100 recipes.  I build ladders while he's building vast automations.  He walks around with an ender pouch hooked to his whole energistics network, so he can request almost any item any time.  I have a rock.  Maybe I will just record a half-hour recap at the end of each gaming session and drop 1/2 of my old footage as I compose old series.  But I do have some fairly comical banter and am quite the encyclopedia of game knowledge.  Aww, whatEVER.  Just a game.

Went back to my old Axum world (after seeing some of the last videos I made and seeing how crude it still was) ... I really like that modpack.  Simple but with enough technology: IC2, Thermal Expansion, Minefactory Reloaded.  I still had not made most of the MFR devices.  Also Thaumcraft with the fun essences.  And Dartcraft which was really a neat little slice of Minecraft history.

I built some things up in my east cliff: mass fabricator, a coalfuel production line.  But the main power was coming from just 3 windmills and a solar cell, so I added another windmill and solar.  Still wimpy input.  I now use Autarchic gates instead of clunky redstone engines and switches at every output of a production line.  Still, that coalfuel cell line seems out of whack: cost give 4K EU, and it takes 8 coal dust, a water cell and an empty cell for each coalfuel cell, then 6 to fill a fuel can in the canning machine ... which yields 76,440 EU most of the time, though I got one that says it has a yield of 101,920?  So, 48 coal would normally produce 48x4=192k EU, now it only gives 76,440?  Guess I will break that down and do biofuel cans instead ... maybe do a coal-to-diamond machine on next floor down.  Yes, I cheated myself some parts for testing, to avoid running all over.

Rejiggered for biofuel.  Biofuel cans were more fun anyway, you can make plantballs out of 8 wheat, sugar cane, seeds, leaves (almost any kind, even rubber and twilight forest), grass, fern, dead shrubs, saplings (almost any kind) (make 2 plantballs each).  As I recall, that led to TOO MANY options, but I remember switching the recipe on the first autocrafter and letting it pull from a chest of gobbledygook.  Yeah, that sounds like more fun to make!  Okay, make plantballs, compress, add to empty cell, extract, send to canning machine.  Each can makes 26,040 EU from total crap items, wasting only 1-1/2 tin ingots.  Topside MFSU is at only 192kEU, really need to boost that before it will be useful.
#

Comments

Popular Posts