FTBUnleashed: biomass options and more solars

4/15/15 FTB Unleashed

Back in my Axum world (FTB Unleashed) I did a big build up by my iron tanks.  Wanted to see if the Harvester from MinefactoryReloaded could handle IC2 crops.  Sure enough.  And it also handles Natura berry bushes! So I setup a big ethanol automation system and put a wall of Natura berries at the edge of my crop land.  Pumpkins -> seeds (and Melons slices -> seeds) -> (squeezer) seed oil -> biogas engine that powers two squeezers that turn sugar cane -> biomass.  Other production: berries -> fruit juice and potato/carrots -> veggie juice.  Both juices can be used as +50% amplifiers for biomass production, or I can bring up barrels of creosote oil from my coke ovens.  Kinda fun to watch.  I tried adding an IC2 Cropmatron with fertilizer and hydration cells, and saw no noticable speed up of the crop growth.

The system was initially powered by a redstone energy cell (runs at just 5 MJ/tick).  Some power notes: each seed gives just 0.01 seed oil, but each seed oil gives 3 MJ/t for 10,000 ticks.  So essentially each seed is 300 MJ (minus cost to produce).  The end goal is to make biomass and ethanol, and my tanks now show 144,000 biomass, 30,200 ethanol.  Huge boost over yesterday!  

Comparisons:
Item        Amplifier used        Biomass produced
Plantballs    0.2            0.3
sugar cane     0.05             0.075        also wheat
Saplings     0.25             0.375        also compressed plants (not worth the energy)

The ratio stays the same, regardless.  8 saplings can make 2 plantballs: huge waste.  But leaves and grass can also make plantballs, nearly free fuel but there are so many leaf varieties it would be hard to auto sort unless I stick with just oak trees.

Okay, I cheated myself a biogas engine for the 2 stills alone; they now get their own 5 MJ/t line -- by adding just a few waterproof pipes I can pump biomass into this engine when I choose to pump biomass into the stills a few blocks away.  Clean and easy.  Oddly, from IC2 crops, the harvester makes almost no sludge.  After running for about 3 hours, the sludge boiler only produced 10 blocks.

And I can switch it all off when I'm not in town.

Quick survey of my mob grinder goods: 12 arrows, 32 bones, 3 gunpowder, 10 blaze rods, 4 paper, 3 book and quill, 5*64+9 magma cream, 9 flamestring, 1 minium shard ... about 16 buckets of mob essence.

154,240 biomass; 38,000 ethanol.  Going to bed now.

###

4/16  FTB Unleashed

2-1/2 hour run after work.  Guess what ... to use the MFR harvester/planter on cactus and sugar cane, just skip the planter.  There's nothing to plant.  The harvester leaves one block behind for each plant.  So I set up a test farm on the beachy area in front of Axum.  Had a stack of each item quickly.  Accidentally hacked my jumbo sakura tree though, extended the range a bit too far.  Ran my main tunnel out to (0, 450) including a way up to my little safehouse in the swamp.

Also added an igneous extruder and aqueous accumulator up in UU lab next to the recycler, neither machine needs power, the extruder just emits cobblestone every 2 seconds, into the recycler for infinite scrap, for making UU matter.  As I ran up ther just now, the mass fabricator (off) had 64 scrap and 28 more stray scrap bounced up into my face; hopper over the recycler had 5x64 cobble (full), forgot to turn off the extruder!  Run the fabricator for a while, MFSU above is at 5.7M EU.  Need more power up here, I have just 4 wind mills, 2 or 3 solars and a generator with a hopper of coal and coke and junk.  Leave it with 4 stacks of cobble, got 4 UU.

Thinking of an LV Solar Array, which is 8 solar panels around an LV transformer.  No benefit over 8 solars except for only taking up one block.  I already have 3 solars on roof, just need 5 more.

Might as well compare solars:

Type            EU/t day    EU/t night    Storage        Output
Solar            1        0        0        32
Advanced Solar        8        1        32K        32
Hybrid Solar        64        8        100K        128
Ultimate Hybrid Solar    512        64        1,000K        512
LV Solar Array        8        0        0        8
MV Solar Array        64        0        0        64
HV Solar Array        512        0        0        512

The Advanced Solar looks like the way to go.  Still a trickle of power at night, 8x the output of regular solars.  Let's see, I already have the irradiant glass panes and sunnarium part.  Looks like I need one iridium blob to compress into an ingot, surround with refined iron (got IridiumIron plate), surround with carbon plate and adv alloy (got Reinforced IridiumIron plate), surround with sunnarium part, lapis, redstone, diamond (got Irradiant Reinforced plate), and add the bits to a regular solar panel.  Done!  All programmed onto a single worktable.  Still kinda nuts!

Lot of builds and testing done.  Tank farm: 218,500 biomass; 45,716 ethanol.  Beaumont chests overflowing, made 90 scrap, made at least 30 UU, made two advanced solars, let turtle harvest a pool of 32 obsidian, added a breeder to cow farm, added a fertilizer machine to big farm (just a 3x3 area over wheat produces a heap, adding a range extender created massive trees that overflowed my chests!).  Oddly the hearvester also whacked any logs I put on the house I was trying to build IN FRONT of the machine.  Does it really have a radius of 9 in ALL directions?  That's crazy.  Sleepy.

#

Comments

Popular Posts