FTBUnleashed night & MFR machines

4/8 FTB Unleashed

Quiet night, I started digging a tunnel grid.  I typically do a 3x2 tunnel starting at 0,0 and running every 300 blocks, with 2x1 connetors every 150 blocks.  Using my mining bot and following up with silk touch pick, here's what about 120 units of tunnel gives me: 7x64 cobble, 47 dirt, 16 gravel, and ores galore: 3 amber, 84 coal, 6 Cu, 76 Fe, 11 Sn.  Drop 46 coal in coke oven -- coal coke blocks (144k EU each) are still a good source of IC2 power, and the creosote oil is overflowing, so I took out 6 round barrels (60 units); it's a fuel in some buildcraft engines and an amplifier in the Forestry fermenter.

Quick experiment: 2 bone in pulverizer = 12 bonemeal; rclick on dirt and harvest with shears = 161 grass, 8 barley seeds, 4 cotton seeds, 17 seeds, and about 1 dozen flowers I left in place.  20 plantballs for fermenter, to make 6 buckets of biomass (I have creosote oil as an amplifier).  Used up 80% of my shears.  Just wondering.  Also had a zombie hand me an ender pearl, and two creepers.

Big iron tanks: 34,000 biomass, 9,800 ethanol.  Not sure about producing fuel on top of the hill, all my machines are down in the town below.  Maybe I can put engines a few levels below the tanks here in the cliff and run a line out to rooftops?

I like those round barrels, don't remember which mod they're form.  Make a blacksmithing hammer, then the hammer turns 3 iron into 64 barrel hoops.  Two barrel hoops, wood up the sides and a piece of glass = a barrel.  They hold 10 buckets of liquid each.  Really easy to leave them in input slots in machines to keep them supplied with liquids.  They do disappear after use.

I'm having weird issues with Buildrcraft power.  Fermenter won't run while the one up the line is running, Still won't run while the one next to it grabs all the power.  That's what happens if I run a straight line and line up the machines.  But if I split the pipe pathway and feed each machine on its own line, no problem.  I don't remember that issue, it's quite a pain!

After doing some updates and crop wrangling: biomass 51,668 and biofuel 15,316.  Bit of an odd goal to try and fill these tanks, but not much more OCD than the rest of the game.  ;-)

Argh, most of this build was just a confusing mess.  Got 3 force engines lined up in new power station area, but liquid transposers don't recognized cans of either milk OR force, so that won't work.  Ran some video but it was all just me running around finding ingredients.  Maybe a big-ass Energistics network IS the way to go.

Anyway, tunneling always works.  I extended my 0x tunnel to +300z, came home with: 15x64 cobble, 15 gravel, 64+24 dirt, ores: 3 cinnabar, 1 monazit, 5 amber, 2 U, 37 Cu, 51 Sn, some quartz, 73 Fe, 62 coal.  Connected the town of Beaumont.

###

4/9 FTB Unleashed

Quick reference to MFR machines (in functional groups):

PS = plastic sheets, MB = ThermalExpansion Machine Block, RRC = redstone reception coil

Almost all machine recipes have this form:
PS X   PS
Y  MB  Y
Z  RRC Z

Harvest animal products:
PS AuApple PS / AuCarrot MB AuCarrot / Purple RRC Purple = Breeder
PS Em PS / Em MB Em / Purple RRC Purple = Chronotyper
PS Furn PS / Pis MB Pis / Brk RRC Brk = Composter
PS AuSword PS / SNGear MB SnGear / Bk RRC Bk = Grinder
PS Liquiduct PS / Shear MB SHear / Sn RRC Sn = Rancher
PS Bucket PS / Brk MB Brk / 3 Brk = 4 Sewers

Harvest plant products:
PS GlassBtl PS / Lth MB Lth / Ag RRC Ag = Fertilizer
PS FeAxe PS / Shear MB Shear / Au RRC Au = Harvester
PS ClayPot PS / Pis MB Pis / Cu RRC Cu = Planter
PS Bucket PS / Furn MB Furn / Fe RRC Fe = Sludge Boiler

Magical operations:
PS Obs PS / Bk MB Bk / D RRC D = Auto-Enchanter

Other:
PS FishRod PS / Bucket MB Bucket / Fe RRC Fe = Fisher
3 Fe / 3 Pls / RS Au. RS = Iron Upgrade (radius 2),
    also Sn (3), Cu (4), Bz (5), Ag (6), Au (7), NQtz (8), Pt (9), D (10), Em (11).
I never noticed the range extenders before ... nice to think that the machines could technically cover their usual
3x3 dinky area PLUS 10 or 11 in each direction.  Still, I'm not sure anything above 9x9 (tin upgrade) is really manageable.

Good build session.  I went out to Beaumont and made a 9x9 auto farm with a planter and harvester, each with +3 range extenders.  Really simple.  Sludge goes downstairs to sludge boiler, sends output to chest on surface.  Sludge boiler still poisons me as I sneak down to turn it on and off, need to be able to do that from a distance.  Added for fun a generator and recycler, so I can harvest leaves any time, throw em all in for scrap ... sent to an auto workbench to be made into scrap boxes, sent to dispense, which can shoot them out onto an obsidian pipe into a chest, although they miss half the time.  Will fix.  No great drops, probably better to keep the scrap and use it in my far-off mass fabricator.

Added second floors to three of my buildings.  Lots of room to work now.

Did a quick nether run, terrible spot for a portal, a few blocks from a lava lake, with a heap of slimes and spiders falling on my head.  Barely a shred of wall to protect me.  I ran around and grabbed some quartz.  Now hoarded quartzes to get started on Applied Energistics.

Future plans: cow farm with breeder, chronotyper, grinder.  Dark grind room below ground with auto-spawner and grinder, so I can start harvesting mob stuff.  Need to go into nether again for quartz, to start APplied Energistics, maybe solve my sprawl of items problem once and for all.  And as soon as I setup my auto farm, I got my familiar lag back: every 10 seconds, it hangs for 3/4 of a second.  Doh!

Update: if I go back to Axum, log out and log back on, the lag is gone.

Update: then, if I run to Beaumont where those new machines are, no lag.  So those machines are NOT causing the lag?  Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts