FTBLite3 and Youtube video stats

4/5

Easter is a good time to build weird factories.  I have added OpenModsLib, OpenBlocks and ThermalDynamics from the direwolf20 modpack.  I think ThermalDynamics is the one with the power conduits, in which case the FTBLite3 modpack REALLY needs to add it.  I also removed TorchTools, because it's just annoying.  I don't need blocks placed whenever I right-click with a tool. 

Duh.  Disabled AromaBackup and OwnerEmitter.  To add ThermalDynamics, I had to update ThermalFoundation and ThermalExpansion and CoFHCore to RC7.  And it crashed before even loading.

I also figured out one reason I don't like making videos, and that is ... EDITING the videos.  For two hours of game play, it might take 3 hours of drudgery to make presentable videos out of it.  BUT, I have been watching direwolf20 play, and I like his system where he hits pause and returns when something interesting is ready to look at.  Got a crash in EnderIO BlockConduitBundle, even though I don't think I've made any of those blocks yet.  Darn.  Roll back those RC7s.  Up and running, a few missing blocks mentioned, but they were OwnerEmitter, an xpBucket from EnderIO (must have been in a chest somewhere?) and Aroma blocks.

It's running now.  And after getting a bunch of things ready I went to boost the microphone volume in Bandicam and now it picks up no sound at all.  My voice comes through the speakers.  Just nothing on Bandicam.  What was the point of making videos again?  To impress people with your stuff?  I don't know.  I'd like to just enjoy the game, but I guess we're programmed to think that's a waste of time.  Do I need other people to see it to make it more valuable?  It's always nice when someone says they enjoyed something.  Hmm.  But all the extra work.  It's Easter, maybe I will just play.

Which of course means "not play".  I edited Axum episode 44 and BigDig 42,43,44,45,46, the action only took since November 2013 to listen and convert to mp3.  I probably could have spent more time listening for chunks I could cut out, but that just takes longer.  Clearly, self-editing while making the video is the way to go.  I can work on other things while the video is rendering and while previewing segments (mostly).  I have about 8 hours of backlogged videos, some of them with really funny parts, some battles with Ruttemous I had forgotten about.

I solved the microphone problem.  Somehow I accidentally set both audio 1 and audio 2 to in-game sound, and my voice only came in barely over the laptop's webcam microphone.  (Which shouldn't even be on!)  So ... now my voice is probably TOO loud.

 Sigh.  I did a few fun things, built roads, land grab, built more machines.  But it still feels so messy.  At least 100 improvements to make, and whole new mods to test out.

Uploaded Bigdig 25-30 while edited that weekly radio show.  Still took almost an hour for youtube to add 6 videos.  Wow, my raw AVI files total 70 gigs for the videos already completed.  Final videos: Axum 35-44, Bigdig 18-46 and Hexxit 96-106 take up another 74 gigs.  I should backup a bunch and clear the drive space.  Once on youtube, I should never need to look at the raw videos or originals again.  Hey, I have my backup hard drive out, having run backups on both machines last night ... 499 gigs free over there.  Time to move a heap.

Now, whether any of this matters or not, here are the stats for my top 10 MC videos, over all time:

name                views        likes
Twilight Forest - Uncrafting Table    21,853 (31%)    92
Minecraft block spotlight: Redstone energy cell    12,721 (18%)    43
Minecraft Factorization mod: Ore processing    5,155 (7.2%)    22
Minecraft FTB machine - energy bridge    4,110 (5.8%)    13
Minecraft FTB block - altar of light    2,023 (2.8%)    7
Minecraft Let's Play Big Dig #18: Smeltery Build    1,639 (2.3%)    2
Minecraft Let's Play Hexxit #90: Ender Medallion Bash    1,031 (1.4%)    4
Minecraft: GregTech spotlight: Rock Cutter & Lithium Batpack    968 (1.4%)    4
Twilight Forest: Lich tower raid    910 (1.3%)        3
Minecraft Let's Play Hexxit #61: HarkenScythe Blood & Souls    789 (1.1%)    2

Total views (all) = 71,340
Estimated minutes watched = 173,551
Average view duration = 2:28

Interesting.  The minutes watched is an impressive platform -- that's 120 DAYS of people watching my [mis]adventures.  Likes are much harder to wrangle, only four with over 10 likes.  Lame.  Total likes 286, dislikes 52 (mostly people bitching about lag or audio glitches), shares 0 (bummer), videos in playlists 9 (okay), subscribers 77 (very okay).  4.6% of views are on mobile devices, 3.3% on embedded players.  93% male, which is hilarious.

Aah, one reasonably simple (and useful) Harvestcraft recipe:  {Pot} + bone (or meat) = 3 Stokck.  {Pot} + Stock + Seeds = Seed soup.  I made 6, heals 2 sticks of hunger each, actually quite effective.
#

Comments

Popular Posts