FTBLIte3 figureing it out

4/4 FTB Lite world

I was up late reading wikis and looking at demos.  There are some very cool things in this modpack.  Will be testing the Extra Utilities generators, and the super crafting frame.  But the world is weak on extra crops, so I am adding HarvestCraft (1.7.10g), and for extra tech, Ender IO (2.2.8.367).  Made a backup of my world.  Here goes ... loaded okay.  Still not sure whether I like texting or doing videos better.  With text logs I have to keep leaving the game, but I can write more articulately.  With video, my voice is often rough, and it's hard to take time to stop and focus on anything.  The game really goes by in a blur of activity.

Well, it turns out there are no affordable conduits for sending power anywhere in this modpack!!  Looks like Thermal Expansion split into 3 sections and their conduits section is NOT included.  So the only option is ExtraUtilities transport pipes, which are reasonably cheap ... but it looks like they need ENergy Nodes to actually hook to an energy source, and those use at least 3 redstone blocks and a lot of messy parts, just to get power out of a machine.  I was able to create a Thermal Generator and put a Macerator right on top of it for power, and power some leadstone energy cells and a Sawmill.  But there's no way to power a production line sensibly.  Wow.  I did have some fun with the Culinary generator, which turns food (even Harvestcraft food and rotten flesh) into energy.  Too funny.

Turns out I had a great spawn point: in a forest with rubber trees, right over an abandoned mine that I just missed with my first flight of stairs.

So after spending half a day playing, and recording some fairly lackluster videos (why??), I think I have to move on to the Direwolf20 pack.

... which locked up the first time around.  I was able to turn set the video options to fast and minimal, but then it froze when I went to set my player controls.  So I removed a few mods (Hats, Redstone Arsenal, Fastcraft, Mystcraft) and will try again.  Second time I could get through the configuration, but game world just locks up.  Now disabling Infinibows, ModularPowersuits, trying again.  Nope, just a black screen, "not responding."  45 minutes wasted.

Dammit already.

So, let me go back to by FTBLite3 world.  I have added IndustrialCraft, Factorization and IronChest from the Direwolf20 pack.  Backed up my world, let's see how it goes.  I was thinking maybe I could do a long Ender Capacitor where I would normally put a power cable.

Yay, playing with an updated IndustrialCraft.  Lots of changes, new machines, plates, tools.  Let's see, to get started:

- Fe Fe
/ /  Fe
- Fe Fe = Forge hammer (Hmr) (80 uses)

Hmr + ingot = plate (#)

Fe# - Fe#
-  Fe#  -
Fe  -  Fe = Cutter (80 uses)

To make wires, just cut plates:

Cutter + plate = 3 wire.

8 CuCable around Fe = CopperCoil (CuCoil)

plate + Hmr = 2 metal Casings
[MetalFormer] plate -> 2 Casings
[MetalFormer] SnCase -> Tin Can

8 Fe# = Basic Machine Casing (BMC)

-  InsSnWire -
SnCase RS SnCase
SnCase RS SnCase = RE-Battery

4 SnCase around GlPane = UNiversal Fluid Cell (empty cell) symbol: []

And on and on.  That was fun.  In about 90 minutes I had a generator, a row of copper wire, added an electric furnacem, a metal former, extractor and compressor.  On the walls I put super crafting frames with electronic circuit and machine block.  Machine block is now 8 iron plates instead of 8 refined iron.  Block + circuit is 9 iron plates, 6 ins Cu wire, 2 redstone and two clicks on the wall.  ;-)

###

Comments

Popular Posts