The SimpCraft Pyramid?

I watched a video by FitMC where he explored the "dead" SimpCraft server left behind by MrBeast.

When I got to simpcraft.com there were 21 players online, and when I left there were 35.  Yes, the spawn area looked just as desolate, and I didn't find any wood until I was about 1000 blocks from spawn.  But it's not dead anymore. The first night I punched dirt and blocked myself against a hillside to protect from zombies.  Later on I found some floating trees, punched to find the wood.  The second night I piled wood between three tree trunks and put a few torches around (cooked one log to get charcoal for 8 torches) and no mobs spawned at all that night.

I Found a stray crafting table and about 4 animals along the way.  There were a few spots of grass and I managed to get 8 seeds.    After that there were clumps of trees and remnants of cobble stairs and walls and planks all about.  I found a 9x9 farm plot that was empty, but plopped by seeds there and dug into a nearby hillside.  Players were chatting and PVP-ing, and when asked if hacks are okay they all said yes, so this does sound like the abandoned-turned-to-anarchy server that FitMC talked about.  

By then, I found someone's old stairs down to y=30.  I added a sign saying "scottvee / nomad base / 4-10-2023" in a little niche with crafting table, two furnaces and a chest, and extended the stairs down to y=0.  Below that it opened into a vast empty cave which was oddly surrounded in torches.  So, someone had been there at some point.  I got my full iron armor and enough goods to continue.  I have not seen a single diamond yet.

I figure that on these public servers it's best to just be a nomad.  Plant some trees in empty places, throw together little shacks for the night, avoid all players and carry any good stuff with me.  Assume that anything I build will be griefed, and I will eventually be killed.  But along the way I can add my own little signs and relics and be part of the strange history of these places.

#

4/11/2023

I made it all the way down to bedrock without ever seeing a hostile mob.  Explored a bit, got about a stack of ores and my first 4 diamonds.  There was some chat among players, including one who saw the same FitMC video and just wanted to know where that record-setting black pyramid was.  I did some searching the next night and found one video from zorz (one of the builders?) that had "+6969 +6969" in the bottom left corner.  Other players mentioned seeing that FitMC spot, so his one video may have brought life back to this forgotten world.

If that's just a troll, and I spend two nights running only to find nothing, I will be pissed.  But it's something to try.  I made it to 2642 5953, with a big chunk of that progress being on a boat crossing an ocean.  At one point I tried a mess of a wall/road/thing but had the Wither boss bar appear on screen, so I ran like heck.

I found a savannah village at 1643 71 4687.  Abandoned but quite a landmark and a safe place to camp if you're ever in that area.

#

4/13/2023 MC 1.19.4 SimpCraft

I spawned where I left my bed and set my spawn point, but the bed was gone and my chest stolen, with some curious blocks outside.  And not 100 blocks away a Wither appeared.  It chased me all the way to +7000 before I finally died...

... and ended up back at -100 1200.  I managed to run back to one of my bases and found it unspoiled.  But it was just 2 furnaces and a piece of cooked chicken.  Back to the drawing board.  8 iron cooking now...

2026: 11 more iron, 26 coal.  iron pants, boots, damaged gold helmet from a zombie.

Made a run for +x,+z, made it to about 930 +3000 and dug a hole for the night.  Got a few bits of meat along the way, and wool, made a bed, set a spawn.  Passed another ruined village around 249 2900.

2049: 10 more iron, cooking.  iron chestplate, new pick.  big chasm down here.  sunrise, moving on...

2124 out on the ocean at night - weird explosion, run away

2128 made it to 5138 5433 where there is a tall wall covered in signs about Mr Beast


2149 found a big town called Simpville 2 at 6450 6980, dozens of signs, about 20 buildings, mostly intact.  visitors have been here as recently as yestrday.  Found some iron to make shears to get wool from their sheep for a bed.


Wow, right next to where I went through the fence into that town, the whole world ends and that black pyramid bends off into space.  It was actually where the video said it was, and half the players online seemed to know the coords already.  I goes from -63 to 319 with a piece of bedrock on top.  It is about 1/3 covered in lava casts but clearly other teams of players come by to dig it out again.  I burned through an iron pick removing the ugly griefer cobble.  I finally got my name on a sign next to a legendary server location.  Another player said he was warping over so I got out of there fast.





Oddly, on my way to work on 4/14, there was a bit on the radio about the most influential people of the year, and among the list of mostly unfamiliar names, they mentioned ... of all people ... MrBeast.

So the Simpcraft Pyramid is real, the coordinates are not a troll, and the players who were online wile I was there were friendly enough.  Some admitted to having hacked clients and superpowers, so it's best to avoid all humans.



Comments

Popular Posts