Veetech world villages & tears

9/15/2016 Veetech world

I thought of a lot of projects while trying to sleep last night.  This world is nowhere near being finished with challenges.  I'm barely getting started.  Make 32 stone bricks, add 3 force nuggets for 32 forces bricks, add 4 lapis for 32 blue force bricks.  These are to mark my waypoint locations so I can eventually make Mystcraft books connecting them.  A trick I figured out in my previous world ... stand on the markers to make linking books.

Village 2: Call it Beringia, half frozen.  Big village, 9 farm plots, took 4 stacks of walls and 2 stacks of torches to seal off.  I do like having F7 on when lighting up areas, a cheat, but a good visual challenge ... but the Xs don't work on snowy ground!  Anyway, the temple chest had a fire charge, alumentum, 2 knowledge fragments, 2 glowstone; I traded for some veggies.  5 large houses.  Local resources: several caves, peach tree, crops.  I turned one big house into a safe trading post, with all the good trades in town:
- 2 bookshelves = knowledge fragment
- 11 books = $ (heck I will use $ for emeralds for these)
- 21 wheat = $ (I harvest it from right outside)
- 26 paper = $
- 12 fish = $
- 18 wheat = $ (traded x4)
- 15 raw chicken = $
- 9 fish = $
The other 8 or 9 guys I packed into two houses marked "cheap dudes" and "bad deals".
Yes, I cheated myself a safari net launcher and 3 safari nets early on to do my usual world sorting routines.

Traded 3 more with the 18 wheat guy, and he switched to $ = 8 melon slices deal.  Pretty bad, but I wonder what his next trade would be.  15 raw chicken = $.  Numb nuts.  Still came out $4 ahead.

I harvested some fruit from local trees, added oak saplings, planted 2-4 each of peach, vanilla and pomegranate.  And 4 sunflower seeds.

I'd say this town is open for business...

-- break --

8pm: Caught and sorted all the villagers at the ice village.  Currently it only unique resource is the smeltery.  Might be a good spot to add all gun production, just so it's worth visiting.

Boy there was an interesting well trap outside of town.  Not the usual one where lava pours down from above after all the ladders on gravel break.  I took ladders down to the gravel layer, gave myself a rock to stand on, and knocked on the gravel -- it mostly collapsed into a much deeper pit ... as I made spiral stairs down it intersected several layers of caves, and ended up in a 3x3 body of water surrounded by cobble slabs, over lava which was now mostly obsidian, intersecting yet another cave.  I came back with quite a bag full of ores.  There is so much down there to plunder, at least 40 more obsidian and a ready source of water to harvest it safely, but I will need a faster pick.

I extended my Cayuga Lake village platform about another 8x8 out over the lake.  I want to stay about 20 blocks from all shore lines, so far all spawns have stayed away.  MagicalCrops chest: essences (15 obsidian, 17 glowstone, 19 coal, 13 nature, 4 ender, 2 explosive, 16 weak magic) and seeds (17 obsidian, 3 glowstone, 13 coal).  Take the essence down to lab.  Make 16 obsidian, 48 glowstone, 60 coal, 8 end stone.

Worktable: make 20 wooden gears then 10 stone gears, then 2 stirling engines.  Replace the two peat-fired engines with stirling engines, add 8 coal coke each.  1921: energy cell at 254kMJ.  Oh yeah ... the Unifier can turn common blue slimeballs into green ones.  I need those for a few recipes, mostly in the Hunter's Handgun explosive ammo department.  Convert 50 of them.  2123: 258kMJ.  Darn it's still 1 MJ/tick per engine.  Add one peat-fired engine back to the input pipe. 

2211: I raided the big cathedral for 2 game days.  Bridged across, chopped into the walls in the main altar room, cleared out all the guys, AND captured one Walker in a safari net for later experimenting.  Boy if the spawner can spawn em and the grinder can grind em, that will be a source of goodies.  Came home with a full bag, and 2 spoils bags (iron helmet, crowbar, force mitts, bucket of force, 3 TNT carts (!), 5 knowledge fragments, 7 force shards), diamond axe (Unbreaking II).  I did put a double chest outside the cathedral to see how much total stuff I get out of one siege.  But it was already half full so I brought the goods home.  Should probably leave those spoils chests until each big target is cleared out.

0149 - Okay, I cleared out the cathedral, harvesting everything except beds (though I did bring ONE bed home for myself).  Dropped all the goods in two double chests outside, then used force wrench to bring those chests home.  Contents:
- iron helmet, 4 gold blocks, diamond block, 32 coal, 3 coal, 29 iron, 4 diamonds, 4 emeralds, 320 books, 30 eyes of ender, 3 music discs, 6 universal pots, 17 bread, 18 melon slices, 8 cookies, 32 raw beef, 12 raw chicken, potion of slowness (1:30), fancy lamp, hostile soul essence, mini red heart, destruction catalyst, hammer assembly, essences (7 water, darkness, 2 electric, 3 wind, 6 life, 3 magic, 8 ice, fire, 6 hexical), walker sword, hookshoot, cloud boots.
- 36 arrows, 27 snowballs, iron helmet (Prot III, blast prot II), chain chestplate (thorns I), chain chestplate (blast prot IV), gold chestplate (Thorns I), golden leggings, iron boots (proj prot IV), iron boots, 48 sands, 29 spruce planks, 37 coal, 6 gold, 10 tin, 5 copper, 8 diamond, 8 redstone, 3 gunpowder, 5 ender pearls, 3x64+13 books, 3 crafting tables, 5 furnaces, 2 reinforced chests, reinforced bow, 5 ice grenades, spoils bag (4 claws, iron chestplate, amber, 7 steel, 16 creosote bottles, 2 bread, 2 melon seeds, 2 tears).
Booty call.  Too much to sort!

About the Dartcraft tears, the Unifier does NOT convert them to ghast tears UNLESS you put a ghast tear in the Preferences grid, then yes, these are now ghast tears.

Done for the night.

###

9/17/2016 hextech world

I built a basic sorting network of 8 stacks of 3 double chests with diamond pipes for sorting.  You know, if everything else I have added to this modpack is slightly idiosyncratic or frivolous, being able to sort the enormous amounts of booty we get is priceless.  It only does blocks so far, will add more items as I get a chance.

I built a cobble slab road all the way out to those two big castles.  On the way home I saw another cathedral.  I raided a little barrow (the one with two iron bars blocking the opening) which had two wisps inside.  Then I raided a graveyard with mausoleum and a damaged battle tower.  My swag bag is full:

- 3 tombstones, 11 golden apples, 41 mossy cobble, 55 coal, 12 emerald shards, 2 red wispy essence, 1 black wispy essence (I didn't know there were different types of these, how odd), 16 chests, enchanted book (proj protection IV), 2 thaumium axes, 2 steel leggings, 2 iron bars, 8 knowledge fragments, bucket of force, 2 saddles, ectoplasm, 2 hostile mob essence, iron door, and about a stack of common mob drops and food items.

MagicalCrops essence harvest chest: 7 explosive, 20 obsidian, 21 glowstone, 14 nature, 5 ender, 14 coal, 1 hostile.  Make 2 ender pearls and 24 each of coal, obsidian, glowstone.

2210: I went and cleaned out that minotaur maze.  One WHOLE double chest of enchanted books, including 3 Infinity I, 2 Silk Touch I, Efficiency III, Looting III.  Another whole double chest of other goods: thaumium tools (axe, 2 swords, hoe, 3 ingots), 4 bones, 80 string, 12 gunpowder, 16 chests, 11 saddles (junk), 37 ectoplasm (from the haunted armor), 3 shiny ingots, 91 shiny baubles, 54 coal, 23 iron, jasper block.  Materials from the walls: 2x64+61 stone brick, 54 mossy stone brick, 3x64+50 cracked stone brick.

Bring some enchanted books to the anvil:, work on my diamond pick: 53 levels to spend: 15 levels to repair it, 7 to add Efficiency II, 17 to add Fortune III.  With the original Unbreaking II that is a killer tool.

I think I should go mining!

10 redstone ore gave 60 redstone. 18 coal ore gave 45 coal.  4 essence ore gave 17 essence.  4 thaumium ore gave 10 shards.

2239: Mining run complete.  Ores: 2 ferrous, 11 Pb, 10 Fe, 10 Ag, 1 Sn, 1 cinnabar; 46 basalt cobble, 30 salt, 9 obsidian, 19 volcanic rock, 50 marble cobble, 87 redstone, 63 weak magic essence, 2x64+37 coal.

-- break --

Cleared out the battle pit closest to my Cayuga Lake base.  So much fun dropping dynamite down onto those spawners below.  I think I was in and out in just 15 minutes, with 3 infernal mobs to fight.  No golem at the bottom.  Highlights of the booty: diamond boots (Prot II, Feather Falling II), chain chestplate, iron tools, crystal bow (Power I), 2 spoils bags (2 force claws, 3 claws, ench book (Knockback I), 5 force gems, 2 force shards, steel boots, 2 thaumium ingots, few other bits), iron giant sword (Smite II).  I made another batch of dynamite (Balkon's weapons mod) and went off to the other battle pit next to that last target.  Cleared the top two floors, will have to do the rest on another trip.

Comments

Popular Posts