Veetech - sorting network & good times

9/23/2016 Veetech world

1330 visit.  Added sorts for birch+fir and oak+spruce (each grabs just logs, planks, slabs, stairs).  Quite a trip standing outside after dropping off a big batch, and watching all the items zap back and forth in pipes across that gap -- it's like one of those Scooby Doo chase scenes back and forth across the hallways.

Moved my machines over to Cathedral room 1C as planned.  Dug a little basement niche for the generators, hooked up to energy cell, then conduits with machines, other energy cell at the end for overflow.  On the left is a worktable with Buildcraft recipes, on the right is a worktable with Thermal Expansion recipes.  Really happy with this setup.

Oh, it looks like the Minions mod is not installed.  I was going to run some tests!

1630 visit.  Tpd to Field of Ruins waypoint.  Cleared one of the battle pits, tpd home and dropped the chests onto my sorting network.
Whee!

I cheated myself a stack of red carpets and green carpets to go back into the dimensional doors and mark the good/bad ones.  But of course I started with the one with the short dead end with pressure plate and fell into Limbo again.  Came back out in a meadow with a third cathedral, square fortress, a huge stone brick cube, then a giant tree protected by snow goblins.  Came home with 7 chests, mostly full of seeds from some creeper explosions in the grass.  And a brewing stand.

2230 after some live music. Setup my enchanting lounge.  Made a batch of bookshelves, arranged them as usual; made an enchanting table and repaired my axe.  Brought in the anvil from the little corner of the village within the walls, drop a single chest to the left and a double chest to the right.  On the other wall, place that breewing stand, single chest on left, double chest on right.  Need to start making some potion stands and book cases and furniture, but it pretty good already.

First trip into the nether, came back with ghast tear, 64+59 quartz, 5 flamestring, 72 netherrack, 5 darkwood saplings, 4 darkwood, 6 bloodwood, 24 tainted soil.

Here's my sorting network:
1A1:
 - redrock cobble, redrock, redstone, rs torch, rs repeater, level, piston
 - emerald piece, shard, emerald, lapis, diamond
 - netherrack, netherbrick, soul sand, tainted soil, quartz, quartz blocks
1A2:
 - clay, brick, brick block, clay block
 - limestone, marble, raw marble, marble cobble, marble brick, marble pillar
 - coal, obsidian, basalt cobble, basalt, volcanic rock, volcanic brick (these all look the same!!)
1A3:
 - snowball, snow, ice, sandstone, smooth ss, faded ss, chiseled ss, ss slab
 - dirt, gravel, flint
 - sand, glass, glass pane
1A4:
 - cobble, mossy cobble, cobble wall, slab, stairs
 - stone, stone slab
 - stone brick, mossy, cracked, chiseled, slab, stairs
1B1:
 - birch & fir (wood, planks, slab, stairs)
 - oak & spruce (wood, planks, slab, stairs)
 - door, chest, stick, ladder, sign, crafting table, fence, fence gate, pressure plate
1B2:
 - not setup yet
 - not setup yet
 - not setup yet
1B3:
 - not setup yet
 - not setup yet
 - Bloodwood, darkwood (logs and planks)
1C1:
 - ingots: Au, Fe, Sn, Cu, shiny, steel, Cu, Al
 - ores: Au, Ag, Pb, Fe, Cu, Cu, Cu, Sn, Sn
 - gravel ores (Al, Fe, Sn), ores (ferrous, Sn, Al, cinnabar)
 - oreberries: Al, Cu, Sn (berries and bushes)
2A1:
 - maloberries
 - apple, potash apple, melon slices, pumpkin
 - carrot, potato, baked potato
2A2:
 - mushrooms: red, brown, stew, glowshrooms (green)
 - raw chicken, beef, pork, lamb, fish; egg
 - cooked chicken, steak, pork, lamb, fish
2A3:
 - not set yet
 - seeds, wheat, bread, cookies, barley seeds, barley, flour
 - scrap meat, water drop, whole coconut, coconut milk fragment
2B1:
 - book, paper, bookshelf
 - bone, bonemeal, flesh, brain, heads (creeper, zombie, skeleton)
 - shiny bauble, ectoplasm, black lichen, antennae, talon, gill, large heart, small heart, tusk
2B2:
 - not set yet
 - ender pearl, ender eye
 - string, spider eye
2B3:
 - not set yet
 - gunpowder, tnt, dynamite
 - blaze rod, blaze powder, glowstone, nether wart, ghast tear, flamestring
3A1:
 - Better dungeons essences
 - Better dungeons grenades
 - Better dungeons arrows
3A2:
 - Better dungeon staves
 - Dartcraft: claw, force nugget, gem, shard, sapling, wood, stick, mitts, bucket
 - fossils: bio-fossil, relic scrap, stone tablet, broken helmet, fern seeds, skull, skull, scarab
3A3:
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
 - more fossils: empty shell, magic conch, broken sword, claw, foot, leg bone, (hexical essence, diamond)
3B1:
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
3B2:
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
3B3:
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
 - not set yet
3C:
 - overflow, unsorted items.

So, 245 items sorted out so far.  If I process harvestcraft seeds and crops and saplings elsewhere, and wool/dyes elsewhere, and tools/weapons/armor elsewhere, that's a pretty darn thorough sort.  ;-)

But how many items are there?  Just over 13x17x32 (NEI pages), which is 7072.  Eek!

Not to be outdone ... I saw that the unsorted chest on 3C is hardly the end of the line.  I lined up placeholders for 4 batches of chests along the wall of 3C, then into the bar & grill house (which is now my Mystcraft lab with writing desk, ink mixer, etc), then upstairs, threaded through the walls of all those little rooms, across the hall through all the other little rooms, then down to 3 double chests for unsorted items.  There, each of those little rooms can pick off mayb 4-6 more chests of 9 items each.  I laid it all out with two stacks of stone transport pipe.  I then worked out all the chests in 3B (tools and armor).  Soon I will divert the overflow pipe to continue along down the new route.  Too cool.

###

9/24/2016 hextech world

I moved my sorting network list to a new text file.  Easier to find and update it that way.

I noticed something odd on my last few visits.  There is a little batch of ruins about 60 blocks away, along my road through the icy wastes.  But new ruins from the RUins mod keep appearing in that area.  First an igloo appeared on top of a ruined mini-tower, then a well dripping lava appeared on top of the igloo.  Now an intact blacksmith shop appeared.  If that keeps happening just in that limited area, okay.  I may eventually have a little weird village of ruins over there.  But it better not be some global glitch.  I will do some exploration and check it out.  I'm pretty good about putting at least one torch on a structure if I have explored it.

1517: took a long run, saw no other anomalous ruin spawning.  Cleared a battle tower out past Safehouse 1.  Came home with 12 force-wrenched chests -- mostly empty, I just snagged them as I ran up the levels.  Bashed on the golem with a sword, trashed my armor but won the day.  Highlights: alkahest, lilypad of fertility, magic mirror, ender giant sword, 4 nothc apples, 7 diamonds, legia bow (yay!); 3 spoils bags.

1640: took a bit of a break, hugged the kitty.  Tpd to the useless ice village and broke up its smeltery.  While I was there I paid the 64 emeralds for the editable capsule station (fun fun fun).  Setup the smeltery in the "wood works" room.  Okay, so it's the wood storage and smeltery room.  Like usual, the spawned smeltery was missing some pieces, and included a 5x5 base and made a perfect 5x5 square.  In fact you only need a 3x3 base and don't need the corners of the square, so when I rebuilt it, it was 4 blocks high instead of 2.  Added drains and faucets; added my usual chest with two hoppers beneath the casting tables and casting basins.  Ran my first load of 63 iron -> 14 blocks of iron (126 ingots worth, yes it also doubles your ores and uses only lava as fuel); one bucket of lava ran 40 blocks of metals.

Now, I'm wishing I hadn't put the nether portal in the big house in the village area just on the other side of that wall.  I get to hear nether portal sound f/x the whole time I'm in there.  Well, it adds atmosphere.

Made 20 hardened glass then 2 portable tanks and an MFR spawner and grinder.  Need to run some experiments on my safari net creatures.  Could be messy!  I built it on the second floor of the ice and clay battle tower, so I would have easy access from below to the pipes.  It had no problem grinding some slimes, though the damage indicators go nuts while it's happening, and one of the slimes exploded and blew out the floor.  So, I reinforced the floor with stone brick, took the mob essence from that first run, and spawned some walkers.  Yes, the spawner created them, but they all had brown shirts on, and sat down peacefully; and even when I stirred them up the grinder did not recognize them.  A big flaw in my plan ... I wanted to build a spawner/grinder for all those fun multi-classed mobs from BetterDungeons.  But in a way, it's good, because that would be quite an exploit.  I didn't get any good drops from them for some reason.

Now the crazy test.  Can it spawn/grind a tower golem?  I really should try that miles away from home.  How about that walker king I captured a while back??  Doh!  Due to a bad sequence of clicks (and not thinking clearly), it spawned TWO walker kings in FULL diamond armor, from less than a half bucket of essence.  With my own armor already in tatters, they teleported around and had me dead in less than a minute.  I respawned, warped to my weapons lab to pick up some backup armor, then warped back to the cathedral and carefully stuck my head outside to see if they were still there.  My dropped items bounced back to me (magnet mode) but there was no sign of those guys.  I did get a nice little tombstone out of it.  I scoured my castle, making sure they had not teleported somewhere in there.  I searched a large area around the spawner and saw no trace of them.  Hmm.  I hope they went back to wherevere they came from.  The chunk probably unloaded while I was away, returning from the dead.  But those two regular walkers were still there in the box, just the uber diamond teleporting guys were missing.  I was thinking of setting up my spawner/grinder in a pocket dimension just in case this kind of thing happens.  Then, assuming they can't teleport across dimensions, I could always break the door and never see the boss (or any of that equipment) again.

After dinner.  On to Mystcraft.  Made some ink bottles, grabbed some gold dust.  Ink + paper on ink mixer, r-click with gold dust in center circle, pull out link panel when green to get an intra-linking panel (which can link to spots within the same dimension).  Then on the book binder, leather plus link panel and/or pages to get a descriptive book of a new Age.  Or in your hand craft link panel and leather to get a linking book, rclick to establish your current location as the book's link location.  Made a 2-way link from Cathdral to Cayga Lake.  The I tried a new Age and got a gorgeous twilight forest with magenta sky and a huge permanent rainbow in the sky.  Fun to explore.  Found a library pretty quickly, then a deposit of mystcraft crystals.  Page plundered: highlands biome, flat, dark stars, normal lighting, eternal storm, nadir, frozen river biome.  Nothing great, but a fine start.  ;-)

-- break --

Age 102 was a wild one.  Started off deep in a cave world, massive open spaces, far-off  ceilings, and a lake that looks impossibly deep, yet a grassy world with mobs and trees (including the first cinnamon trees I have found anywhere).  It also had glass tendrils.  I dug upwards looking for the surface.  Through caves, more layers of dark and creepy places.  Up at the surface (130y) it's even more interesting.  It claims to be a desert biome, and has cinderpearls and mummies, but it looks like a flat spruce forest with obsidian pillars.  And at this height, the slime islands dig right into the surface.  Excellent spot for harvesting slime products and spruce wood.  AND there was a village in this wacky place.  There are a few kinds of artificial giant trees here.  Lots of mobs, some ruins.  Not sure what the day/night cycle is.  It seems to stay dark and ight for a long time.

Whoa, the sunrise is GREEN.

I really like this place.

Sacked another library and found another village.  I made a link book back to the 2nd village.  A huge variety of ruins in this world, some overlapping -- one case of a ruin breaking one of those Thaumcraft wisp platforms, took out the spawner but left the chest.  Back home, checking my spoils.  Pages: normal stars, snow blocks, northern taiga biome, extreme hills, half length, mushroom island shore biome, cyan, major feature biome, normal moon, ice plains biome, tundra biome, major feature biome, redwood forest biome, crystal formations, large biomes, snowy rainforest biome, villages, night sky color, moutain ridge biome, full length, twilight lake biome, green swampland biome.  Other goodies: axe of the stream, enchanted books (4 Smite V, 2 Unbreaking I, 2 Aqua Affinity I, Flame I, Looting II), iron bow (Power I), and about 4 chests full of wood, rocks, plants and food, 3 spoils bags, 68 ink sacs needed for mystcraft ink vials (there was an oil geyser with squids spawning and dying in it, free resources).

What a fun adventure.  Two more entire worlds to explore!

Other things I have not yet done in this world:
- making funky Tinker's Construct specialty tools and weapons; self-mending silk touch etc
- making Steve's Carts auto farms, see which crops it can or can't handle
- setting up some complate Harvestcraft themed restaurants
- auto wool farm
- anything with dyes
- any DartCraft tools, enchants, haven't even made the cute little clipboard yet
- actual industry: fuel processing, power generation
- tunnels and roads
- rail systems
- railcraft: coke oven (need supply of creosote to make ties), blast furnace
- chisel mod "block yard" showing all the varieties available

1am visit.  Aw hell, my book to the age 102 village crashed the game.  Reloaded no problem.  Walled off the village and went on an extended raid.  Came home with pages (deep lakes, ocean biome, grass color, island world, ice wasteland biome, lush redwoods biome, ocean oil field biome, glass block), 4 chests of other goodies.  So amusing watching the hundreds of possible item types zipping back and forth from room to room.  ;-)

Night.

Comments

Popular Posts