Veetech cathedrals & capsules

9/25/2016 Veetech world

I spent about an hour updating my sorting routine.  I moved the wood up to 3B, turned 1B into ores (since it's next to the smeltery now), hooked up the overflow to run across 3C (which is all armor and equipment now), after which it runs upstairs, through all those little rooms on the 4th floor, and back down again with the really really unsorted items.  The only thing I have sorting out on the 4th floor at the moment is beds.

I raided a little square keep with a few rooms underneath.  The necromancer hit me with some purple f/x but still, 5 shots with the legia bow and it was done.  I harvested books, redstone circuits, a brewing stand, an enchanting table, and a variety of goodies.  4 chests worth: cursed bone, ender giant sword, 8 pieces of armor, about 40 essences and 40 ingots.

A bit bored.  Did some more sorting (ores, ingots, wood, equipment, flowers, dyes, xeno's reliquary items, chococraft items), raided a few more battle towers and dungeons.  No real plan today.

1030pm.  Went on an expedition to the rainbow forest.  What a colorful world.  It has Twilight Forest and normal trees and Harvestcraft fruit trees, twilight and vanilla animals, and vanilla mobs.  Wide deep caves with tons of ores and marble and limestone.  I even found a patch of quarried stone (Railcraft) and a few flat plains that a guy could build a settlement on.  I cut down one of the towering 2x2 oaks to see what it was made of, and it rained almost 4 stacks of logs and a stack of saplings.  It sure does seem dark at night though.  Fun to climb up the extreme jungle peaks and look at the purple rainbow sky with the suns and moons drifting various directions.  I came home with 5 chests of goodies; mostly ores and stones, but also one chest of seeds thrown at me from grasses disrupted by world generation and the two little lava-induced forest fires I put out.

I built a coke oven, 2nd floor.  Took roughly 2 stacks of sand and 2 stacks of bricks.  I don't recall the recipe giving only one coke oven brick, I thought it was 2 or 3.


###

9/26/2016 hextech world

8pm visit.

It bugs me that I duplicated my armor and weapon sorting up on 3C -- I was planning to handle all those in my mountain keep, which was supposed to be where all military items would be handled.  It's still ok to catch the items in my sort stream, but I should send them to one chest that I can pick up and take over to my weapon lab when I need to.  Heck, it will still take 8-9 diamond pipe outputs (9 items each) to catch them all.  Might as well store them in an organized fashion.

Nope.  I intercepted them as they were coming out of 3B, 5 pipes going into a chest with a sign that says "TAKE TO Weapons Lab", and a new Mystcraft link book directly to the Weapons Lab (and back).  Neat.  This frees up 8 chests for other uses, like dyes.

I added 2 chests for flowers, 3 for dyes, and one for rails, tracks and mine carts.  I took the linkbook over to the weapons lab, dropped off that double chest to be sorted, then heard spiders and remembered that there were mineshafts beneath the keep.  So I went down there looking for the shelob boss, found just a few walkers, dispatched them, and ended up harvesting about 3 stacks fo tracks and 2 stacks of wooden fences.  There are a lot of ores down there for some future trip, but no giant spider boss.

1am visit.  Warped out to Field of Ruins base.  Scouted it out, and yes, it will be my future Steve's Carts experimental zone.  I cleared the remaining battle pit, grabbed a few fruits from trees, then went over to the red rocks village, rounded up the villagers and put them in a trading post lineup.  Harvested and replanted their wheat with the sickle -- great tool.  Cleared two floors of another battle pit, but this one had a creeper and a blaze spawner where the chests should be on the top two floors, so even with a handful of dynamite it was tricky.  The blaze float right up through the holes in the floor.  That's a nice flat area over, and I'm gradually pacifying the region, though there is a slime island dropping annoying little goobers.  I may have to elevator up there and suck that slime lake dry.

Tpd back to Cathedral base and had fun watching 5 chests of goods zoom through the pipes.

###

9/27/2016 hextech world

9pm session.  I added a few more sort chests, for Wild Caves (stalactites), Dimensional Doors materials, LegendGear items, a few others.  Raided the big stone brick cube -- it was quite a maze of passages and rooms guarded by armored skeletons, with a necromancer at the bottom flooded area with a big library of books and loot chests.  I pillaged all the iron bars I could grab, and dynamited the yellow and red carpets when I saw how long it took to break each one.  Came home with 6 chests of stuff, including over 2 stacks of iron bars, some armor, and who knows what else.


###

9/28/2016 hextech world

Raided one of the other cathedrals.  Was having no problem until an infernal guy came out, 150hp and whenever I hit him t would throw me up in the air.  He killed me, and a tpd back to me Cathedral (kinda funny that I have not slept in ANY bed yet in all the days I have been playing in this world).  I ended up hurling dynamite at him over a little hill.  When I respawned and went back, he was gone.  Cleared the place, brough home 6 chests of goodies.  Not a particularly lucrative location.  Oops, I forgot the two loot chests I put out front before my raid.  Still, mostly magical essences and some weapons and armor.  I did get a thief's hood (respiration II), that's a pretty rare drop.

Finally had some fun with the editable capsule station I bought from that villager. I grabbed an intact house and an intact blacksmith from my nearby snowy wastes and brought them across dimensions to my rainbow forest colony.  I lopped down a few of those massive trees, so I could see the sky, and I could see my settlement on the map.  Got almost a whole double chest of stacks of oak wood.  Had to elevator up and dynamite some leftover floating branches and leaves.  Fun mission, though.

Comments

Popular Posts