Veetech explorations

9/13/2016 Veetech world

Tpd out to Safehouse 1 and tried to clear the tower nearby.  4 spawners on bottom floor, including blazes.  An infernal creeper which blew itself up before I could read his buffs.  Real battle.  I ran up the spiral stairs to the roof and snagged the chests.  Tried fighting my way back down.  I think there are 2 spawners left on second floor and 3 on the third.  Finger cramp ... tpd back to the safehouse.  Wait out the night and try again.

Eek, my armor is almost destroyed, tp home for repairs.  Some of my haul: enchanted book (Power IV), diamond pick (Efficiency II), passive soul essence, 4 hostile soul essence, 2 spoils bags (10 gold, music disc, enchanted books (Power I, Looting III)), more.  Make a frigging legia bow, put that Power IV on it (6 levels).  Grab 27 diamonds from my ingots chest, make a full suit of diamond armor.  I have no good enchantmed books for these except the Feather Falling IV.  I put the Looting III on a new diamond sword.  Good time to make that worktable full of Artifice enchants ...

- leather, iron, string and stick = Reinforcement (adds levels of Unbreaking)
- flint, iron, coal, stone = Sharpening Kit (adds level of Sharpness or Efficiency)
- 2 leather, 2 string = laminated padding (adds levels of Protection)

Run some more iron, make 6 reinforcements, Unbreaking II on all but my boots (and my legia bow); Protection II on chest and legs.

Okay, I am feeling like I can kick butt now.

2137: cleared the tower

2147: check out the area.  Some fruit trees with ripe fruit (coconut, peach, pomegranate), a tall statue with 3 iron blocks at top (grab em), a battle pit (avoid) and a netherrack battle tower -- I went to chip off a few netherrack to make nether brick to finish my magma crucible, then got greedy and cut through the walls, too out spawners, and hack/slashed the chest on the first 3 floors.  Whee.

Tpd back home.  Spoils: 44 nethrrack, 22 soul sand, 64 sand, stone shield, stone & iron shovel, full set of leather armor, 8 pumpkins, 5 melon slices (enough to start a farm if I want), 7 blaze rods, 3 iron blocks, spoils bag (force mitts, force bucket, 4 iron).

2158: Magma crucible done.  Nice having the Worktable remember all the recipes -- it's the same as the induction smelter recipe except nether brick instead of invar.  Also made some plastic sheets and MFR machine frames last night, now make a unifier -- it's supposed to be able to convert the DartCraft tears into real ghast tears, but oh yeah, my tears are in another world.

2205: harvest 12 peat and my MagicalCrops.  No real need to harvest the zucchini or barley or cotton or the 4 desert fruits -- they're just there for decoration, though I will probably move them to other plots to plant more resource-growing crops.  Pulverize 9 obsidian, 15 lead ore, charge up the induction smelter.  Wow, those 2 engines are slow!  The first machine on the conductive pipes gets a pretty good charge, the next fills at about half the speed, the third (the one I need) barely gets 1 MJ per second; the magma crucible gets even less.  I'm trying to make a batch of redstone energy conduits, but it will be a while.

2209: first 2 machines fully charged, now the smelter is working slowly, 8 hardened glass done.  Make 4 electrum.  Need a liquid transposer for my molten redstone.  Fun challenge, but a bit tedious each time.  The transposer has the same recipe as the induction smelter, but glass instead of nether brick.  Done.

2213: first 3 machines powered to full, crucible at 5000 MJ, brand new transposer at 3 MJ.  Yeah.  That slow.  Made 8 empty conduits ... waiting ...

2215: melting 10 redstone drained the crucible, recharging from 2800 MJ, transposer at 9 MJ.  Argh.  The conduits should fix the energy flow issues, but what a pain!

2217: Liquid transposer still at a measly 14 MJ.  Guess it won't get power at all until the machines closer to the engines are full.

2220: Transposer at 18 MJ.  I was using the other machines a bit, but this one is still pretty much dead.  I see the issue, the crucible can hold 40,000 MJ and has to charge up to full from engines that are only putting out 2 MJ/tick total, 5000 MJ per piece of peat.

2228: Made a redstone energy cell frame.  Crucible and transposer at 17,000 and 46 MJ.  Makes me want to go around punching flowers.  So I did.

2246: Went out on an adventure.  Found a graveyard on the map and when I got there it had two gold suits of armor and one iron.  Not sure I've ever seen more than one per graveyard before.  Then a half-ruined battle tower which turned out to have a few blaze spawners near the top.  Two infernal fights, one of them with blindness.  Fun little romp.  Spoils: hexical diamond, golden apple, 6 blaze rods, 3 iron shovels, 10 ectoplasm, some ore gravels, diamond shield, reinforced bow (Power I).  Machines finally charged up, so I filled my 8 conduits, but I'm 300 mB of redstone short of filling my energy cell frame.  Quick mining trip, 19 redstone, filled the cell frame, now I'm out of electrum to finish the energy cell, crush some gold, make 8 electrum.

2302: I hooked up the redstone energy cell and 6 conduits, and now it's charging up nicely (output set to 0 MJ/t), and when I need the energy I can just turn it on (output set to 10 or 20 MJ/t) and all the machines get a fair share of the output.  Woo hoo, real technology.  I don't know why those conductive pipes are so glitchy, but this is the #2 reason I added Thermal Expansion to this modpack (#1 is the great, reliable machines with their configurability).


###

9/14/2016

Busy day trying to finish API code for Oregon state 420 reporting, then got out to the local club to play some live music with my pal Jackson.  Back home, a bit wired, it's almost 11 already.

Anyway, my MagicalCrops chest has essences: 22 coal, 11 naturem 13 obsidian, 12 glostone, 6 hostile soul, 1 passive soul; and seeds: 4 glowstone, 11 obsidian, 7 coal.  Grab all essence, put on the Workbench downstairs.  New recipe: 8 obisdian essence = 8 obsidian.  The other essences all fit a pattern to get resources, but the nature's essence is odd: 8 cobble around one essence = 8 mossy cobble (it's super common in this world, so don't need that); same with stone brick; 7 in an H-shape give 12 vines; 6 give 8 lily pads; 4 dirt, 4 essence, and a mushroom = 8 mycelium (possibly useful), and 8 of their regular crops around an essence gives 3 magical food, which I don't remember the purpose of.  Might as well make some and see.

I split up the glowstone/obsidian batch and cleared the sweetcorn plot, so I now have 14 block each of coal, glowstone, obsidian.  Looking at other MagicalCrops magical seeds now.  4 strong magic essence around my only ender pearl = ender seeds.  Clear the cotton crops to make way for them.

Harvest 16 more peat, energy cell only at 41kMJ.  So slow.  Will have to add some stirling engines, and later the biogas engines running on liquid force and milk seem to be the best in the game.

2300: harvest 7 more peat, add a worktable with the bog earth recipe, make 12 empty cans, dive into lake to fill them, 48 more bog earth.

2307: energy cell at 62kMJ.  Cleared two plots of wheat, moved my cotton and barley over there.  Low priority.  Other MagicalCrops seed recipes:

... these need 8 weak magic each: coal
... these need 4 regular magic each: explosive, redstone, glowstone, dye
... these need 8 regular magic each: copper, tin (only one seed per recipe)
... these need 4 strong magic each: iron, gold, lapis, blaze, xp seed (these need a few other mob drop items), nether
... these need 4 extreme magic each: emerald, diamond
... these need 4 extreme magic and 4 hostile soul essence each plus one mob drop: skeleton, spider, pigman
... these need 4 extreme magic and 4 passive soul essence each plus one mob drop: cow

Uses of ender esence:
- 4 in corners = 2 ender pearls
- 4 in diamond = 8 end stone!! (I was just wondering how I might get some of those, to play with soul shards)
- 9 = end portal frame
- 4 in square (like all essences in this modpack) = decorative brick

Make 4 explosive seeds, now my Worktable is full with 8 recipes.  Need to go find more weak essence.
Okay, the Magical Food heals at least 3 sticks of hunger and gives Regeneration for about 5 seconds.

2323: Got my first ender essence, but no surplus seeds.  Planted 8 aloe vera plants on dirt, no crop block or sand needed.

2325: Wow the aloe grows quickly.  I put them too close together, got 16 seeds, a yellow dye and a tumbleweed.  Replant them so they each has a 3x3 space around them.

2327: those are funky plants.  They grow 3 blocks tall, and when the yellow flower id ripe you can break the middle block for a yellow dye; but then it disappear and produce a tumbleweed if you're not quick enough.  3 tumbleweeds can produce 6 string.  For some reason, the three plants on one side are growing like crazy but the 6 on the other side are doing nothing.  I added a water source between the 6 and they started shooting up right away.

2333: 23 yellow dye, 25 tumbleweeds.

2336: 53 tumbleweeds, 64 dandelion yellow.  Wow.  Guess I will let them sit for a while.  Energy cell at 130kMJ.  Slowww.

2342: Harvested my force trees with my claw: 48 logs, 16 nuggets, 13 saplings.

0007: Did some exploring, found an odd tower with bridge sunken into the ground (it disrupted the local biome so I had a cloud of seeds thrown at me as I got cloer and made a waypoint), and a village in the forest with 3 tinker's construct houses and 3 diamonds, 3 force buckets and 16 coal coke in the blacksmith chest.  Found some elephants, and the game crashed while I was in a marsh trying to reload to keep going.  Found a little mound dungeon with iron bars at the entrance, 3 spawner, 3 chest at the bottom, got 4 enchanted books (Thorns II)

0024: Back at my home town of Cayuga Lake, the aloe plants had surrounded themselves with tumbleweeds ... chop chop, 71 tumbleweeds.  Looks like that can be my primary ource of string.  They grow like weeds, and also make a nice rustic decorative block.  Got a few more MagicalCrops harvests.  Took a force log and 10 nuggets, made planks, force sticks, a force ingot -> force rod (fully charged), put a piece of obsidian from my MagicalCrops harvest next to the DartCraft chest, rclicked with force rod to get the force infuser.  Dropped the otherwise useless force shards in there for some juice.  Now I have to remember how to make the experience tome to get started with that thing.

Comments

Popular Posts